Well, it's been a helluva week.
I've done everything I know to do. I've followed all directions from hp support. I've called over 13 companies for help.
Finally landed on a 5 star company found on the next door app. I called, a woman asked my issue, name and phone contact. Then she told me T would call me. I hung up and thought, yeah sure!
He called within an hour. He apologized for the wait. He then got right into it. He seems to think he can hack into this for lack of a better word.
He is coming to my home tomorrow between 10a-10:30a. His price was fair. I hope his work is better than fair though.
Either I will be very happy or be in a puddle.
I had a major meltdown yesterday so I should be ok.
My whole life has come to a halt with this. Can't work on business stuff for Rick. It's how I pay my bills, all my addresses and info housed in this damn box.
Life here is harder. Oh not this computer stuff, but all things. I think because it's such a small 'city'. Honestly Raleigh is so small it's hard to call it a city. Not a lot of options across the board from small to large. From food to computers. Activities to chores. Everything is difficult here. Oh wait, if you want fried food it is easy to get. They actually have a fry-fest. Culture? We don't need no stinkin' Culture, we've got fried pickles and oreos. 🙂
Rick and I sat on the patio last night and went over our first year here. I tell you, complete strangers, how I really feel but don't share with Rick 100%. I did not want to be negative if he was loving it. Come to find out he likes it as much as me. He's a bit depressed about it all. But sadly, we're on the same page. Too small, county we live in is redneck hell, we can't leave.
So here is to Year Two. We are damned determined to make this better. Who knows how but we're going to continue to try everything we can to make this work for us.
Now here's to T showing up tomorrow and fixing this corner of my life.
I did the best I could on my phone. But if there are extra spaces or things misspelled, I'm sorry. Blame it on fat fingers.
10 comments:
Some places did talk about pulling out the button battery that keeps the core powered when the ac power is off. You have to unplug or pull the big battery out before you do that. I don't know how accessible the button battery is. You may have to open the case to get to it.
I hope you have found "the guy."
I used to have "the guy" in my brother in law. He was a miserable sad sack who made my sister's life a living hell, but the man's brain was a computer and he could do anything with them. His death was mourned by everyone in the area who ever has a computer problem no one else could solve.
Mike that is not something I'd try on my own. Not smart enough. Let you all know after tomorrow's visit. Or if you hear me wailing it won't only be because the nyy lost but this PC stress.
Oohhh, how I hope he can set you right again. I can't imagine being without a computer this long and I don't do all the stuff you do on one. Sure hope the next time we hear from you you won't be futzing with a phone.
Know what you mean about redneck town. I moved to one also but I have gathered a group of people "from off" which means they have no connection to here. A lot of people moved here for the same reason I did. Huge bang for your real estate buck. They are out there. Hope you find them.
Olga, that made me laugh out loud.
Patti, we haven't found them yet😁
I had to call one of those computer geeks to come to my house. Twice. I learned the second time to ask a lot of questions and sit next to him while he worked and he gladly showed me how to fix/find things so I never needed to call him again. Fingers crossed you get it all ironed out.
It's sad to think you aren't happy with your move and the culture down there. I'd suggest working on building a circle of transplants by starting a wine tasting club or something like using an app like NextDoor or Meetup. A friend of mine started a poetry club thought Meetup and we met new friends that way, even went to poetry slams for couple of years. Meetup near you should list groups already formed by topic---hiking, book clubs, sport fans, etc. etc.---you can join or you can start your own.
Jean, we are part of meetup for newcomers. First event next weekend.
I hope he can fix your computer, fingers crossed!
When I first moved to where I live I hated it too. I would go to town every day to my aunts or my grandmas or both.
I think that having a computer controlling our lives is the end of our lives Peg. We seem to get more upset because the damn machine is smiling at us. I worry about what we would do without it. Good luck my friend.
Cruisin Paul
Post a Comment