The Tropical Storm for the most part was no big deal as we assumed.
No power was lost and no big damage.
City Center had down trees and that type of thing but we did not thankfully.
Our gas grill went flying across our patio which was fun.
I made sure the cover was on and its side straps were velcroed etc.
Then I put 3 bricks on the top so the cover didn't blow off.
During the last storm up north our cover blew off and I forked out the money for the heavy-duty Weber cover that goes to our Weber grill. I had just purchased a cheap cover the first time. This one was far more expensive so I thought holding it down with the bricks would stop me from having to buy a new one. So instead the grill took off with the cover. We had a good laugh about that.
We got all debris from our yard and cleaned up the patio.
Mike asked me about water in our yard.
Our yard is basically sand which sucks, but for this, it worked out okay.
We did not get any standing water anywhere on our property.
Our rain barrels used for the garden were filled up and we loved that.
All in all, it was just windy rain. It was just like a nor'easter. The only difference from a nor'easter for us was that up north all power lines were underground so never a fear of losing power but down here it's different.
I have to admit it was like a snow day. It felt like a snow day and it was too blustery to do anything but be in the house all day. The TV Talking Heads kept telling us to stay off the roads etc. So we listened.
Rick didn't even work in the workshop. Speaking of workshops/garages. One man died nearby. His power went out and he went to his garage to turn on or get the generator. He didn't come back so his wife went to see what the heck was taking him so long and he died from carbon monoxide poisoning. They assume he turned it on and perhaps was working on it or something. How damn sad that is to me.
So for us, the remnants of hurricane Ian were nothing big here thank goodness.
So Friday instead of a snow day we renamed it a Heavy Rain and Wind Day and it was perfect for daydrinking.The temps went from 90 to 70's over night and we loved that. Finally, we could turn off the A/C. Yipee.
Because it was raining Rick proclaimed it 'a daydrinking day' and by George he was correct.
I made us a quick lunch and we watched a movie.
We watched a movie about making wine and how a winery went from nothing to a prominent Napa Valley Winery. All while drinking wine of course.
We saw the owner on a TV show being interviewed.
This movie was about how his winery came to be and how it all happened. He was an interesting dude about my age or a bit older. Clean cut and when you see the person he was in '76 in the movie it couldn't be further in looks to who he is today. It was a chuckle and brought back our memories of 1976.
The 2008 movie was mentioned in passing during this interview. (bottle shock)
Then they showed a clip of Alan Rickman, Bill Pullman, and Chris Pine from the movie. I thought, gee I like these guys we should check it out.
So we did. It was not a great movie but it was interesting because it was a true story from 1976. The music in the movie was terrific.
We were laughing about something and bantering back and forth when he suddenly says, "Are we always this funny? Or is it the day drinking?"
Must have been the day drinking because I found that comment hysterical.
Of course, I laughed like a fool.
Bring on the tropical storms!
4 comments:
Well that sounds like a great way to pass the time!
Julie😁
First time seeing this one too. Funny(in retrospect about the grill). Think you will need bigger bricks:) Glad you had an entertaining time with no real problems.
I don't remember seeing this post. I use the sidebar to let me know when someone posts. Sometimes your posts don't show up for a long time.
Post a Comment