Somethin' happening here -
I was in line at the deli counter waiting to get served. A woman behind me tapped my shoulder and asked me who colors my hair at what salon?
My color is courtesty of God I tell her, as I do everyone.
What's with everyone thinking I paid to go gray?
I tell her that by the age of 66 I have no intentions of dying my hair anymore. She asked, "When do you turn 66?"
Now I am going to admit my first thought was, "Are you crazy, I just said it." But I did not thankfully say that.
Instead I responded with a chuckle and said, "Last March is when I turned 66"
She made a fuss and said I looked at best 56. (LIAR.)
I told her I was poor and could not pay her for that nice comment. She just laughed.
(I look 66 people!)
She then asked if she could take a photo to show her sytlist how she wants it white around the face but not the whole head.
Geez lady, I don't even like to have my picture taken by my husband.
I say okay and put on my sunglasses. She laughs and says that is probably a good idea to make this private.
I have to say while that is really nice to be complimented, I have never had anyone come up to me to ask about my hair color until I went natural during lockdown. When it was brown but I kept the white around my face I got asked a lot about what color they used to get the white in the front. But never once has anyone asked and I've been coloring my hair since sun-in in the 70s. Then in the 70s henna was all the rage. Then highlights. Then full on colors. I've been everything but blonde. But now I'm done.
I do find this funny that this happens so often to me now that I have gray hair. You'd think that pretty chestnut would have been a winner.
Apparently not.
In other news -
I moved here from DC and for the love of God the politcal ads in DC were far less offensive, far less complete utter bullshit and far less mean spirited.
Think about that for a minute - I.came.here.from.DC.
Never in a million years did we think it'd be so damn ugly here.
In fact we thought it would be far less ugly here.
Now because we need to vote we must learn who is running in our new state and county.
Each political commerical we have no idea what party this is.
We listen and learn.
We thought that would be a good thing not knowingn so we can be unbiases. We can just hear what they have to say and then do our own homeowork on said individual voting record etc. We actually thought this would be a good thing.
We found there were 2 distint type ads, only 2. -
1. LOUD, filled with fear, spewing things as a negative when both of us are thinking it's not a negative, mean spirited and ugly and always berates with ugliness towards their opponents whether true or not.
2. normal tone, no fear-filled agenda, telling you how they will vote, how they have voted and what things mean to them on several levels. NEVER mentioning an opponant.
We would write down these names.
It has become quite clear who is what party. Isn't that damn sad?
Number 1 is clear and utter bullshit. We wrote some things they said and then did our research and found it was all lies.
Number 2 told us things that after we researched we found them to be true.But some things that we felt were important were left out a few times.
One of our favorite Number 1 fear based ads was that they were going to hire thousands of IRS agents to take your money. Not because they have needed more people in the IRS dept for a few years because they are overwhelmed.Or because it has been stated that this would get you your refund faster. Oh no, this was ONLY so they can come to your home to take your money from you. They even tell you not to open your door to the IRS.
I mean that's what the IRS does daily right, knocks on doors? No shit we even recorded this ad to show someone because we couldn't believe they could out and out lies like this. But the dumb asses here apparently believe this to be true. It's laughable and damn sad.
So we've made our decisions.
We do laugh each time we see the commerical for this one woman.
They say her name and tell you how she beats her children, they read excerpts from the police report. How she tried to run over an ex husband and how her current husband got a restsraining order. I mean c'mon this has to be fake right?
Not one ad have we seen in the last 3 months have been from her disputing these claims or an ad saying something good she's done.
Not one ad. I guess she figures she can't fight that. It made us laugh.
Of course she belongs in group 1. We have begun to figure them out now from the ads. We even looked to see if this shit was true. Sure enough she was arrested for a couple of those things. She blamed it on bad husband behavior and being able to disipline her children, you know like all parents do - punching them in the belly AND face to require hospital care.
If not so sad you'd have to laugh at her.
All Rick and I know is that we can't wait to vote so we don't have to see these damn commercials anymore!
12 comments:
My grey hair gets compliments too and I think it's because their are so many bad dye jobs out there.
I haven't seen a lot of political ads because I don't watch my TV but the ones coming in the mail...I've never seen so many ads where you can't tell what party the person is from. I finally had to google everyone on the ballot.
I mute the political ads when watching tv because I cannot stand the horror-movie voices they use in the voice overs for those ads. I feel like I"m 10 years old again, watching Chilly Billy Cardilli present scary movies on Saturday night tv. I am planning a nice long session on the League of Women Voters website soon to read up on every local candidate - some of the local ads are nuts! We have a 30-year Dem Congressman retiring, and the GOP found a local guy with the same name who they're running for the seat. My money says he will win, because people won't read up on things before they vote. It's ironic that this GOP faker has not run a single ad - he just wants to slip under the radar.
As for the grey hair, I went gray the minute I retired, and you are right! I get a bunch of compliments from strangers on the color of my hair. So weird.
Nina
Add me to those sick of political ads and the lies! Oh, the lies! But, wanna know what we discovered? For the first time in five years, we've taken a few overnight trips and we've seen ads running in PA, VA, OH and MD that are IDENTICAL! All are being run by a Pac and are targeting different candidates from different states and all they changed were the candidate's names. Apparently, once you create a false narrative, you're free to use it against as many candidates as you possibly can. Gotta love free speech.
Wow, she really went all out on the compliment--even taking a picture. Hey enjoy.
Luckily, I record all my shows so I am spared the political commercials. This is a red state and I usually vote straight party ticket realizing it is all for naught. Rarely does anyone I vote for get elected. Still I try. However, one of my candidates today was arrested on a felony warrant. Guess I had better do some checking.
- but what it is ain't exactly clear.
We have the IRS agent commercials here too.
What's going on in the states? The people in the congress & senate are trying to call for peoples death. Canada has it's problems but nothing as bad as what's going on in the states. I live across the Detroit River so get much of those commercials. Crazy, crazy, crazy. In our elections which isn't long as compared in the states, people aren't as negative and we don't have a Trump who started this mess.I pray for your country Peg.
Cruisin Paul
I have voted and mailed in my ballot so it is really hard to watch the commercials. VT is such a slam dunk there are hardly any ads after the primary, but boy do we get them from northern NY and from NH. Don always ad libs over the Elise Stefanik ads and makes me laugh til tears come out my eyes. But I really hope no one else hears him because his commentary is not very nice.
Jean, I don't see many dye jobs that are poor but I can spot a drug store color a mile away! Those are not good.
Anon, We mute them now too. It's gotten to be too much. We have figured out what we need to know so now it's just muted. thankfully we watch a lot that is recorded so we can FF through them. Weird about our hair isn't it?
Bobi, Same ads eh? Wait until I share that with Rick.
Patti, she just wanted her hairdresser to make hers the same color. HA.
Mike, There's a man with a gun over there telling me I got to beware....
Paul, I'm with you!!
Olga, well we'd laugh becasue Rick does the same thing!! Nothing I can write though on the blog :-)
We watch very little TV, I don't miss the political ads. Oh, the mud that is slung!
How interesting, the woman asking who "dyes" your hair. Must look God-given good!
Abby, no actually it doesn't that is why I don't get it!
At least you didn't have Abbott vs. Beto. We saw more of Beto in the beginning but then he slacked off. I assumed it was a money issued. Then near the end Abbott came off LOUD. He had cut and paste ads that were just horrible. I don't mind difference of opinion but just put your opinion out there and leave the smear campaigns to Trump. I can't wait for Abbott, DeSantis and Trump to all run in the same election. TVs will be oozing poop after the commercials.
Barbara, I may not have Beto and Abbott and man I'm sorry to see Beto lost. But it was ugly and loud here too. This snot nose kid called Bo Hines. Chest thumper at it's finest. He acts like a trump kid, same demeanor and smirk. I am so happy he lost - by a lot. I was certain he may win.
Post a Comment