Update from phone.
I have spent days with HP help. I have an HP Pavillion all in one. 2 issues at the same time.
To sign in there is a block to put in my pin and my computer opens. It says something is wrong with my pin, please use password. My password will not take. How to get in? No one knows.
Any ideas? Had to get a new wireless keyboard and can't connect it when I can't get in. Everyone tells me there must be a way, yet the El Salvedoreans, who are hp help, can't figure out how.
Any ideas? I had to pay for this help to boot.
I am stressed beyond belief with all the shit swirling around me.
We were working on Rick's website and now of course we can't. All of Ricks photos are there.
I do have Carbonite for backup but I can't afford a new computer right now to have them dump my pics, docs etc.
Geez my eye medical bills are stacking up.
What's a girl to do?
A former software engineer from Raytheon told me to go to best buy they can fix it. Really?
I'm at a loss.
11 comments:
They'll charge you a bunch at Best Buy to look at it, my friend just went through that.
Can you make a new user somehow? I had that happen once and that is what I had to do.
If not maybe you can just reset it to factory?
Did you restart your computer in Safe Mode? That would be the first basic step (so the tech help already walked you through that?)
I can offer condolences because this sounds dire. Practical or helpful suggestions -- not a one. I would probably be banging on the thing with a hammer right now -- which I am told is not at all helpful.
I just spent an hour looking up "reset login HP laptop" and am more confused than when I started. There used to be a reset button on the motherboard but I don't know if that exists anymore.
No to factory restart. Neither the south Americans or I know how to do that when I can not get into the computer.
It's a PC Desk.
I am depressed and want to cry.
Oh I am so sorry. I can't imagine the horror of being locked out.
I sure hope someone has an answer for you. I am just not tech savvy.
Can you go to Microsoft on your phone? If you can and it will let you login - do that. Then try again to login to computer. If that doesn't work, try to reset password. This happened to me when I had to get a new computer at work.
Best Buy is my go-to but Julie is right. They will charge you a bunch or try to talk you into a Geek Squad membership, which means service is covered as a member.
April, did all that 1st day. No luck.
I can only offer condolences because when it comes to a computer, I a dunce. I need a great deal of help when deals to my computer as you can see Peg. Good luck my friend.
Cruisin Paul
Check to see if there is a tech HS or college that offers free help. Check your local library or senior center for free help. Good luck! I feel like crying every time I have a computer problem too!
Post a Comment