Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Ghosts vs Goats

Rick tells me to rewind to watch the man discuss his story of goats. Rick leaves the room to use the bathroom. I watch.

The story is funny, each room of this story something is going on so I'm watching and listening. The story is over. 
Cute, but no goats.
Rick returns to the room and I say that was a long story but he never even mentioned a goat Rick. 
Rick whipped around and said goats? 
Yes, you said he had a funny story about goats. 

Well Rick is laughing so hard he can't speak. He is taking his glasses off to wipe his eyes. I ask, what is so funny? Did I miss it?
Oh that line made him howl all the more. Pointing to me but can't speak.
Finally he calms down and spells G.H.O.S.T.S.
Oh my God, ghosts!
Here I'm waIting for a fucking goat to appear in this story. 

We both are laughing so hard now we have tears falling. But I don’t know why I'm laughing- because I'm laughing at myself. 
Rick has decided that a hearing aid would ruin all his fun so I'm going to continue on my deaf journey. Besides it's a marriage saver, we belly laugh every day. 
Laughing at me, but...

7 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Oh, yes, you definitely need hearing aids but I can see why you won't be getting them. LoL

Arkansas Patti said...

How funny. No need for hearing aids when you can have such fun without them.

Mike said...

Claudia and I are right there with you. We are constantly in the "What did you say?" mode.

Cruisin Paul said...

Oh my goodness Peg. I would rather have a goat in my front yard instead of a ghost. Boooooooooo.
Have a great day my friend.


Cruisin Paul

Olga said...

If you can still laugh, life is still worth living.

Barbara said...

That is pretty darn funny. I'm waiting for this new season of hearing aides to get down in price so I can at least join the hearing-half-the-time crowd.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, sadly it is funny but i will need to invest in one sooner or later.😪