Friday, June 3, 2022

What Would You Be Doing?

Happy Friday. 
A few updates.
I bought these pots and pans as part of the Rachel Ray line. It was a set. I don't recall where I got them though. QVC? Store? Online? It could be any of the above. Of course, the other person who is the final "sayer" of pots and pans since he is the real cook does not remember and that is no surprise. 

I googled shattered lid top and this was the first link
Glass Lid Shatter - Rachael Ray Support

So of course I hit that link and here it is.  Basically, it tells you this is what tempered glass does. Stated in a way to make you think well it is what it is and you can get a new one at this link and then we will make you pay us more money. We will laugh all the way to the bank.
As you will read, the whole thing reads like it was written by attorneys covering all bases and their asses.

So that got me googling this some more. Dear Lord, there are a ton of these that are not only her brand. Apparently, this is a thing. I think from now on I will only get non-glass lids!  Gosh, I went down a rabbit hole reading about exploding crock pots. Who knew?

Oh and the real pisser on the Rachael Ray site is there is a link for help and all the links are broken and you get nothing. So there is nothing to assist you, only something to cover their asses telling us that this is what to expect when you put tempered glass on a lid. Gee, if that was on the front of the box I may not have purchased this!

So the full update is I'm screwed. No replacement unless I buy it, no way I'm that stupid to buy the same thing again. No refund because I should have known. A $$$ in food down the drain. Yeah, no more of my money to RRay. Lesson learned I will only buy lids I can't see through. :-)
_____________

A requirement of aging is that you must begin watching the Game Show Channel.  Not there yet? Never! you say, not Me!?
Well, it will hit you in the face like a hard surprise slap. 
It starts innocently enough. Then it's, What the hell am I watching?  
Then you get a favorite show. Aaaah.
Oh yes, that means that simultaneously things are falling on your body, turning white on your head, and you can't find those glasses on top of your head or remember why you walked into any given room. You scream, Stop It, I'm not a multi-tasker but no one is there to help you. 

These things all happen at the same time and it shocks you. 
You, yes you are the one who teased your poor grandmother and you'd make her snort with laughter. You teased her about the host of Card Sharks that she must have a crush on because she watched it so much. Is he really Uncle XY's daddy I'd ask her? Or that she wanted Richard Dawson on Family Feud to kiss her. (he had a high creep factor that Dawson! eww)

Before you know it you are yelling answers at your TV. You are calling the contestants names because they didn't know that answer in your superior voice. (it's a friggin' game show you remind yourself) 
The nail in the coffin, you know what time it's on and instead of the news you sit and watch your show with your partner almost nightly. 
You are both yelling answers means you are the same age. 
If only one, someone married jail bait.

Now add into this fun fact above that you are losing your hearing. 
Your sound bar was returned and your new one is in the box. 
So lousy tv speakers says everyone even with good ears and you are having a hard time hearing of late WHICH I might add coincided with watching The Game Show Network other symptoms. (c'mon see the pattern?)

This past week while watching a show they asked the contestants about themselves. Side note - I HATE THIS PART! I was not looking at the tv screen.
They asked a man what he'd be doing if he wasn't doing this show right now.
I heard the man say,  "I'd be Pooping." 

So I turned around and said, "What did he say? Rick did he say Pooping?"

Rick was looking at his phone and had no idea what I was talking about.
I rewound the TV so Rick could see what I was talking about.
I heard Pooping the 2nd /3rd +time too.  

Rick begins to laugh. I mean a big ole belly laugh. 
I asked, "well smart ass, then what did he say?"  He is not answering me because he is laughing so hard.

Every time we rewound it, Rick tried to talk he just couldn't he was laughing so hard and it made me laugh even more. Honest to God our laughing is the thing that keeps me alive. I digress... 

Finally, when he calmed down I asked, "so what did you hear?" 
Rick: "He'd be pooping."  
He barely got out the words he was laughing so hard.
Me: "You heard it too?"
Rick:  nodding only because he can't talk.
My God, we are both 12 yrs old. 

Then after we calmed down he said, "All I could hear was he'd be pooping. I think you planted it for me and that is all I could hear."  
I said, "well who's to say he didn't say it you never know"
That made Rick laugh all the more. Oh my goodness.

We changed the channel when I realized we should have put the closed captions on to see what the hell he really said. But once we changed the station it won't rewind back darn it. So who knows he may have said that; doubtful, but he could have. Maybe we just don't need to know. 

15 comments:

Julie H said...

LMAO I was like what did the closed caption say? oooo lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, probably that he would be pooping. 😁

Abby said...

No Game Show Channel for me! Never!
But like you, I don't like the part where they ask the contestants to talk about themselves. Maybe the guy was being honest.
But don't ask me how I know what happens on game shows!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I am convinced that these cooks that have tv shows AND have merchandise with their name on them are not very good quality. Oh, sure, they want you to think so. I've never had a glass lid shatter. But I'm a kitchen snob. I'd rather spend a little more. See? Snob.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why a guy would say that. Although, he is a guy, and you just never know what they'll say. Do you figure his wife (although I'm doubting he's married) wanted to move to another country after that? :D

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You'd think that wouldn't you Yvonne. But it didn't matter if cheap circulon or cheap calphon or expensive Made-In,etc. I read all the comments I could, if tempered glass they have shattered. Cuisinart crock pot lidstoo, but those aren't exoensive. The list was long from $ to $$$$. So spending money wouldn't have made a difference. My enamel cast iron was not cheap but on the list. Even le Creuset was on the list, although most of theirs are solid lids. So don't be assuming you spent money and this won't happen to you. It's endemic to tempered glass.

Arkansas Patti said...

Shame on Rachel for not backing up her product. Boo hiss.
Funny about game shows. I don't watch the channel but I do watch Jeopardy and yell out the answers. Does that count?
While I was reading this about pooping I was hoping you would have used the closed caption feature. Now I am curious what he said.

Mike said...

https://circulon.com/pages/lifetime-warranty

"we will be happy to send you a new lid."

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, they are sending me the same lid that exploded why would I buy or take the same thing. They all offer this. I would just be waiting for it to explode! Now if the offered a non glass lid I'd jump.

Anonymous said...

I am still curious as to why the lid shattered. If it was a manufacturing flaw, that is one thing, but if it was something about the use it saw (I assume you would have mentioned had it been hit with a splash of cold water, etc), that is quite another.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Anyone, according to the internet and all these company sites it states it could have had a scratch we didn't see or high Temps. It was not high Temps. It blew while on LO. Prior to low it was on simmer (3) so that wasn't it. We don't use harsh chemicals or harsh pads. Never put this in the dishwasher. We think it may have had a crack we never saw.
Go to:
https://support.circulon.com/support/solutions/articles/65000167112-glass-lid-shatter

Cruisin Paul said...

I use to really enjoy Richard Dawson and he was always kissing the women. You can't do that today. Pooping, talk about that.
Have a wonderful day Peg. Get well my friend.

Cruisin Paul

bluzdude said...

I wonder what he could have said... Stooping? Looping? Trouping? Scooping? Duping? Hooping? Snooping? I guess it will have to be a mystery.

Olga said...

Don stopped installing tempered glass shower doors after one bad experience.
Well, consider this your public awareness service for this month!

April said...

What show was it on?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul - eeew to Richard Dawson. :-)

Bluzdude - we still talk about it. We have gone through all of those as well. :-)

Olga - I'm shocked at how many assume it's my fault. I will no longer buy lids made of tempered glass! Not easy to find either.

April, People Puzzler. We thought he said, "I'd be pooping Leah" :-)