Rick spent Father's day in his workshop. I know that my Mondays and Tuesdays are difficult for me so I tried to get a lot accomplished Sunday.
Rick came in to show me the 2 I saw he was working on. I ooh'd and aah'd while in his shop and I asked him to bring the two in when he finishes.
Here is some of his work from today.
This is spalted pecan. Yeah, I never heard of it before either but it's pretty.
I know that I won't be here tomorrow and maybe even Tuesday. I'll do my best and try. But I have to play it by ear right now. Those are always very bad days.
Here are some memes that I enjoyed this last week.
Oops!
ok I just had to throw this in. Who knows how long we'll be on this ride!
I told her they look like a couple in an advertisment. I just adore these two!
This horse makes me laugh. I love Sugar! And can you blame her?
Yes, Rick sent me this one below. Smart Ass.
Today vs. The 70's
Did you ride in the back like this at times? My sister and I did. The only reason our father yelled at us to get down was that he couldn't see. Nothing to do with it being dangerous for us. Nope, all about his line of sight. For some reason, I find this funny. Of course, I don't think we should do this today but when I think of all the things I know that this generation who are raising kids would have their heads explode. Drinking from a hose! OH MY! ha ha


















18 comments:
That blue bowl may be one of the prettiest things I've ever seen. It's amazing.
I wish I lived closer. I'd come grab it while you weren't looking. :)
I remember going with my dad to get my mom and new baby brother at the hospital. I sat in back (well mostly I stood up to see over the front seat) and Mom held him in her arms all the way home. I also remember sitting on the pull down armrest between the driver and passenger while riding in many different cars. Never wore a seatbelt until I'd been married like 5 years and my hubby witnessed a very bad accident. After that he insisted on it.
And you're right about the photo of your niece and her husband looking like an ad, they're both beautiful people.
You've triggered me. Now I going to have to comment with my drinking from a hose comment that I leave on memes that mention it.
OK, this is a big point of contention for me. When we were kids all hoses were made out of rubber. Drinking from them was not a big problem. Today, most hoses are made out of plastic. They are made with the chemical BPA which is a carcinogen. When the hose sits in the hot sun it leaches even more BPA into the water in the hose. Look at the tags on the hoses in the store. They say 'not for drinking water'. So if you want to drink from a hose, buy a rubber hose. Or something that says 'drinking water safe'. Like this on Amazon... Flexzilla Garden Hose, 5/8 in. x 50 ft., Lightweight, Drinking Water Safe - HFZG550YW-E
OMG, those bowls are aMAYzing! But if he keeps it up, you're going to run out of stuff to put in them...
Love that Japanese Pecan. Rick really is amazing.
Sorry about your loss yesterday but the Yanks need to do it every now and then to prove they are human.
That tree cracked me up and yes your niece and husband look like they are in an ad. Their love shows. I also have a niece and her hubby that always look like they should be in commercials.
The bowls that Rick created were beautiful. When is going to start selling these lovely bowls? I hope that you are feeling better Peg?
Cruisin Paul
Love Sugar and Rick's wood art. He's going to have to start selling those, you know.
Hmmm, it's Monday, so you might be resting.....remember that each day is closer to being off of these awful drugs. Love to you, sweetie.
Rick is doing such amazing work. Like others here that have asked: when can we buy a bowl? I will pay shipping....and maybe send some sort of baked good as an enticement. :-)
Those memes....the horse one made me laugh. My cousin had a pony that when you were lifting your leg to put it in the stirrup, he would step toward you and I would always freak out. Smart.
I do have a PhD in sarcasm. They exist :D
I think I was about 10 when they made seat belts a law. I remember being in the back of a station wagon and the back of a pick up truck lots of times though!
Ami, thank you. I still hate seat belts. When you are just over 5' they choke you! No matter how far down you move the "thingy"
bluz - thank you. He will be selling things shortly. None of these are for me unless he thinks they are bad. So I only have two. One with remotes in it and one with rings in it. I suppose I could sleep with him and get a couple more....hmmm
Patti, I mistyped, it is a Japanese Cherry. And I like them both. He is getting good at this. Yeah, they have to lose sometime but it was sure a fun ride. I have decided that Giancarlo hits HRS because he really doesn't run well and it makes us laugh when he has to hustle. A bit lumbering.
But how 'bout rookie Encarnacion (sp?) grand slam and win of the dreaded Mets? I've only seen highlights I don't get many of those games.
Paul, he will sell them later this year I think.
Jean, I love sugar too. He will be selling them. I want them off my dining room table! :-)
It's, yep just got up from a "nap" Rick will be selling hopefully by years end. The horse, sugar made me laugh too. I find that so funny. Smart horse. According to Rick I have that PhD too. We are so smart! :-)
Julie, oh we always like to ride in the back of my dads pick up truck. We did it all the time.
Your niece and her husband are stunning!
I like the blue bowl. Rick has gone full on with his new hobby.
Really good collection of memes. I think the bowls are gorgeous. I like the look of wood and the beauty in the differences. The Blue is absolutely gorgeous.
Post a Comment