At the end of our day there Rick was relaxing in his ugly chair. I mentioned having our soundbar set up in the next week or so.
He said, " can it wait until the weekend?"
I laughed. Sure, but I'm curious, what is different on the weekend than any other day? Whatcha doin' between now and the weekend? Got big plans do ya?
We are retired. Every day is Saturday.
He looked at me so seriously like this was the first time it occurred to him. He laughed and said, "man, habits die hard don't they?"
Retirement really does take time to adjust to.
13 comments:
My dad used to say the same thing about every day being Saturday once you're retired. He said the only reason he bothered to keep track of the days was so he knew what was on TV.
Bluzdude, we do it so we can remember garbage day.😁
In my experience it does take a while to lose the concept of "weekend." For me it was finally realizing that I could do my shopping on a Tuesday instead of waiting to enjoy being out with the entire rest of the world on a Saturday.
I always think of my grandpa and him saying he never worked as hard as he did after he retired and my grandma was his boss lol
Thumbs up to Bluzdude.
Kind of sad though not getting excited over 3 day weekends anymore:) Now it just means you won't get any mail on Monday.
Adore the lack of schedule though. I was built for this.
I still set up my activities to include a weekend even though I haven't been in the work place for two decades. The rest of the world is on "that time" so it makes sense to me to have the same rhythm to my life.
Rick cracks me up....did he realize it is Friday? So.....the weekend is tomorrow, Rick. Lol
We are generally creatures of habit, right? I think weekends will always "feel" a bit different than weekdays.
We are considering a little getaway with all the kids and realized this is the first year in forever where we're not bound to some academic schedule. Weird.
Retirement is what it is Peg. LOL I love retirement. Get well soon.
Cruisin Paul
Yea h for retirement.!
Linda
I want to point out I submitted this post on Friday but it was said earlier in the week.
It is true that you have to unlearn so much when you retire. I still get excited that the weekend is here or bummed when it is Sunday evening I think of work the next day. Of course, all of this is based on having a calendar where I check off the days so I know what day it is.
Post a Comment