Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Tuesday

As I have repeated ad nauseum here Mondays are a tough day for me.
2-3 days after the chemo pills I feel like crap. Monday I was mostly horizontal in all rooms of the house.

Rick reminded me that when I was 29 and I got myself so shit-faced on vodka that I slept on the bathroom floor and my sister who I lived with at the time, put a towel under my head and a blanket over me. (never drank vodka again for 30 years)

He told me to think of it like that, the same thing really. 
"Not really Rick, and without the fun happening first. "
Oh, you want everything don't you? he said to me. I do indeed. I laugh. "

Today I was determined to plow through. I saw that Rick was going to mow the lawn before it got too hot out. It's that time of year now. All things are done in the early morning due to the heat. 

He began to mow and I got the weed wacker and trimmer and thought I'd do my part. But my side effects had other plans. I did most of the yard with some dizziness. I would stop and just stand there until it passed as one does. Then I got to the "ditch" as I refer to it. We are a corner lot and there is a dip from the street to our yard. Rick can't get all of that area we call the "ditch" so I use the weed wacker. 
Today as I was standing on the top ledge of this I got very wobbly. 
I stopped and moved to the bottom thinking it may be better. 
Oh nope, the earth is still moving. I sat on the hill for a minute. 
Okay let's try this again, I got so lightheaded I sat down as fast as I could without falling.

I got up when feeling a bit more steadfast and walked back to the house. 
I realized that I have already fallen and I'm still limping on a bad ankle and foot. I do not need to fall again. I got myself inside and poured a glass of ice water and sat for a minute. 

Now poor Rick was finishing up and did not see me outside or see me go inside either. I brought the weed wacker onto the back porch because I assumed I just needed to sit a bit and I'd finish what I was doing. 
Rick went into the garage and didn't see the weed wacker where it is put, or the battery in the charger so now he panicked. The poor man did not see it on the porch and didn't look there - I mean why would he?

Rick now begins to walk our property first by the "ditch" to make sure I wasn't in it. When he is telling me this I am laughing but God love him that had to be scary for a minute. He has walked around the house and then comes in the front door instead of the back where the weed wacker is sitting on the back porch. 

He walks in and sees me immediately and says, "Oh my God you're okay!"  
"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?"
Then he explained and we had a good chuckle.  
I told him I'd have held my hand up so he could have seen me. 
He laughed and said, "well on that corner I thought maybe someone would at least honk"  That made me laugh too. Yes, that would be - "hey she fell down and can't get up honk" 

Honestly, the dizziness is getting old. But it is what it is isn't it?
I will admit that when I told my doctor some side effects I was having he said he could switch the pills to try another. Nope. 
The devil you know is sometimes better than the devil you don't know. 
Right now I have hair. If we change I may not. Right now the vomiting is for the most part done. I may not have that either if I switch. So there are a lot of things I think best to leave alone. But August can't come soon enough. 
I am going to beg like you've never seen me beg to not continue this any longer. I can't do this for a full year.
I just can't. I don't want to either. 
Okay, enough of that shit.

I'm going to ask my readers if any of you know the answer to this. 
I have seen a few different answers on Google. 
I have a Prime Account. I want to watch a movie I see on prime and I choose it. Then it tells me I have to pay. WTH is that about?
Why are some free and some aren't?
I've read where they asked if it a show on another channel that wasn't Prime?  
Yes.
Then you must have a subscription to that channel.
I do. (showtime)
Then you should get it for free.
But I don't.
Then I read in another article that wasn't true.
Obviously.

Does anyone have an idea?
The show if that helps is an old one called The Big C.
Laura Linney, and Oliver Platt to name a few.
It was a Showtime Series. 4 seasons I believe.

I know you're all smarter than me so any input would be helpful.






I had one of these and 11 minutes is not far off and with no heat!


This is my husband's annoying daily habit!!

 

Yeah, still grieving. 


21 comments:

Mike said...

It looks like it's available on 5 streaming services right now but they all want $1.99 an episode. It looks like Crackle may have it for free at times but not right now.

You need one of those orange flags on a 10-foot stick that stays in the air at all times. Or a big orange helium balloon.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, plz don't tell him this or I'll have to do it. He's a bit over protective right now.

Taja said...

Ouch! You need an automatically inflatable balloon attached to your wrist so you can signal Rick! Along the lines of a self-inflating life jacket, but lighter! ��

Glad you are okay. ��


I resemble the meme about sleeping on a sofa (recliner, in my case), but unable to sleep in a bed. I'm trying to go to sleep by 11:00 p.m. so I can accomplish things by 9:00 a.m. Our temps are likely to zip up to the 110°F range by the end of the week.

Despite employing every relaxation technique beginning about 9:30 p.m. and feeling relaxed and groggy an hour later, I swear I'm wide awake thirty minutes after lying down! GRRRR! LOL Rinse and repeat several times. Usually works between 2:00 and 3:00 a.m. ��

I want my body back. You know, the one that was flexible and would do things on command? Yeah. That one! ��

...Taja ��️

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Taja. If you figure out how to get my 25yr old body back I'd love to hear it!!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I admire your willingness to go forth and do yard work...Mike's idea put a visual in my head, you ~ walking around with one of those tall orange triangle flags attached to a had or something. You would do well not to give Rick that idea, as you said! :-)
What a great batch of memes. Especially the VW bug...I had one of those, it was Romeo's. I loved that car, but you had to remember to turn off the radio or in the morning the battery would be dead. One morning I came out and there was a cicada shell right at 12 noon on my steering wheel, as though it was contemplating driving somewhere. Yeah, back in the day when you could leave your car windows rolled down and not have it trashed in the morning ~ or stolen.

Cop Car said...

You have to be really tough to stick with that chemo stuff. You and Rick are being put through the ringer.

My first car was a used VW Beetle (1961? I bought it in 1965.) It didn't have a lot of pep, but when we were moving from Kansas to the Seattle area, the gas pump on my husband's 1963 Chevy (towing the VW behind) gave out and I ended up towing the Chevy the rest of the way to Seattle - about 50 miles of hilly country. I also used it to help my across-the-street neighbor who had never experienced snow (her having been from California), lose her fear of driving in snow by taking her out for a few (snow) donuts in 14" of the stuff. And...I could take our trash cans (to the transfer station) in the back seat. Loved that car!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

CopCar, my 74 VW was also my favorite car!! Cold as hell, got through snow like a tank and it cost me $3.50 to fill😃

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yvonne, shhh, we leave our car open. No trashing!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

That bowl of Rick's is absolutely beautiful and so different any anything I've ever seen.

August isn't really that far away. Hold on!!!!!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Oops, I forgot to comment on the bowls, I assume Rick made? Wow, just wow. He is getting the hang of it.

Grace said...

Another fabulous creation by Rick! If you already have Showtime why not watch 'The Big C" there? It is, BTW, an absolutely terrific series (or mini-series or howsoever they call it).

Prime Video seems to be an aggregator of various channels most of which are paid streaming channels. If you already have the channel why bother watching on Prime? What is really ugly is when a show is on a paid streaming channel but they let you watch the first season for free and then if you want to see the rest you either pay for each show/season separately or subscribe to that channel.

Cruisin Paul said...

I have to say Peg, you are a hell of tough woman dealing with this dizziness. You try to help Rick but it must be hard. I think about you all the time and hope that you'll get back to good health.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yvonne, yes he sold that one almost instantly. He appreciates the comment!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Grace, the reason is its not on Showtime fir some reason. I've done Showtime on demand, not there. Not in their app. Nothing! That's why. 😄

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, I feel pretty good Wednesday thru Sunday. Don't worry I'll be well soon!!💓

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

To All - Showtime had a help chat site so I asked the question. They said they don't own the rights to it. Head scratcher since it was their original series. But there ya go...

Julie H said...

Some stuff is free on Amazon Prime some stuff isn't. If I'm just browsing I'll search free movies lol.

This medicine sounds so awful. Maybe leave the power tools to Rick for a bit.

Arkansas Patti said...

I am so happy there is an end insight for the meds. If nothing else this experience will make you appreciate an even crappy day when this is over.
Kind of agree with you maybe carrying a flag or balloon when doing outside work in a ditch. I have one of those I use to mow but now my neighbor does it for me. He promised to hurt me if he saw me trying to do it. Love him.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, yeah awful but...
I don't use tools except the weed wacker.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, I am not wearing a flag, a bell, a flare etc. 😁
Not there yet. Deniel is where I'm living!

Barbara said...

Love the wooden bowl. Way to go Rick