Saturday, June 25, 2022

Squat and Bend

Do you remember when Rick proclaimed he was no longer bending?

Well apparently the list has grown. I asked him why he makes such a mess when gets those big bowls out. He informed me they are on the top shelf of a lower cabinet and he can't see them so he just grabs. So then he just knocks other things over all willy nilly. I don't care for willy nilly.
I suggest he squat since heaven forbid he doesn't bend anymore.

He laughed and said, SQUAT? I don't squat!
He then informed me he no longer squats or bends.
He stated that he is now only verticaL or horizontal. 

Will you still move? I ask him. Oh sure as long as I'm Vertical or Horizontal.

Guess there's no chance of Rick breaking his ankle . 😁

7 comments:

Grace said...

Perhaps one of your next home improvement projects could be replacing the static shelves with pull-out shelves? When we re-did our kitchen they were a must have in our lower cabinets (my husband only does vertical and horizontal as well and bending and squatting can be problematic for me too.)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Grace, yes we had those for 25yrs in VA. There is no chance he will make these. 🙂

Olga said...

Limitsing movement is not a good plan. Use it or lose it, Rick!

Mike said...

If I squat I have to make sure I get back up within 5 or so seconds or I'm stuck down there.

Arkansas Patti said...

Olga has a good point which could avoid Mike's and my predicament:)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

To All, he bends and squats when it's something he wants to do😃like the garden, sawing wood, tiling the hearth etc.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Goodness, you two are a pair :D