Friday, June 17, 2022

Reclining Work

Random items going through my head today.

Since this medical shit has started with me I have watched more TV than I have in my entire life.  Especially at the beginning of this when I was on 60mg of steroids daily and was up all night long. 
Here are two of my observations over the last 3.5 months.
  • 70's clothes - Everyone is wearing all the things I wore in high school. The Today show has a woman showing new products wearing something I had worn in high school. The complete outfit!  I'm so old that my fashions from the 70s are in style again. 
  • Andy Garcia was one hot stud back in the day. Now he looks like any one of my Uncles. Damn it. Anyone see this guy in When A Man Loves A Woman? OMG, that is f---able Andy!!!  Now in Father of the Bride, he's my Uncle.😪 (yea I know I've aged too but not my Andy.)
  • The majority of things I see on HGTV when not major remodeling I've done before myself. I watched a couple of shows and said, "no big deal, I've done that."  "Oh, that's easy, done that many times." "Oh no, it's easier if you do this first." Yeah, I think HGTV needs to give me my own show. 
  • I have also noticed that every time a Minion commercial is on my husband giggles like a little kid. How weird is that? He just loves those "critters" and their voices.
I watch Jimmy Fallon and Kimmel and Colbert a great deal when I can't sleep. Jimmy Fallon asked his viewers to send in their worst first dates. Here is a link. You don't need to read anything more than the actual text telling the story. Some are so damn funny!!
 
Yesterday Rick was in the pantry and saw the evaporated milk. He asked me what evaporated milk was exactly. I don't know and I laughed. He was standing there staring at it when I said, "if it was evaporated wouldn't it be gone Rick?"  He turned and said, "oh you're a smart ass, but that is actually a good question."  We both laughed and that was that.  I know what condensed milk is but I actually didn't know about evaporated milk except I use it in recipes. So I had to google that. Apparently, they evaporate all the water content or half of the water making the "milk" creamier and thicker than regular whole milk. So how is that different from half and half he asks me. Oh shit, I don't know! What are you doing in the pantry anyway Rick? You making me dessert?

Yesterday I got an email from my hometown newspaper. 
The email was just the obituaries from the Erie Times Paper. 
WTH was that about? I have looked at the papers obits before since it's my hometown and people die that my mom has told me about and I will go there. But to get an email? Weird. And no I have no account with them. 
I panicked and asked Rick if I was dead? So I went through the list and knew no one thank goodness but still do not understand how or why I got it. 
I found it rather creepy!

There was a man in the obits that was 90 yrs old. The photo was of him at maybe 22 at best. Really? Why do people do that? So if I have an obit I should put my good ole 25 yr old self when I was at my peak? We were laughing and then Rick said, "You have spent your life not having your picture taken. So I will have no photo to put in the paper."
 
First off buddy, no obit in the paper for me!! We've talked about this.
2nd, I have pictures, all those selfies you take of the top of my head.
He said, "Oh this is Margaret's head, she died this week."
I laughed and told him to "go for it I dare you."  That made us laugh. 
We have a lot of photos of the top of my head and I think those are perfect.  I think I look pretty good here considering we were camping and I just got up. Whatcha think? 😀

Then yesterday Rick came inside to watch his favorite show, The Price Is Right. I heard him in the living room so I went out there and he asked "Hey are you going to watch with me?"  Now honestly I could care less, but I decided I'd have a 2nd cup of coffee and watch this with him.
There was a prize that blew us away. BUT not like you'd think.
Here it is for all those who work from home. It is a Zero Gravity Desk
Since I only worked from home my entire career except when at the airport I liked being comfortable but this is ridiculous.

I had several questions.
1. How lazy are you?
2. Where do you put your water, or coffee, or beverage of choice?
3. What if you have to get up quickly to go to the bathroom? It went up but slowly, hope you don't REALLY have to go.
4. Does a catheter come w/this thing? That was both our comments sadly.
5. How can you work from that position?
6. Wouldn't you get tired of this position?

In case you can't get your butt up after being in a prone position all day or you have diarrhea and you have to get out quickly...good luck. 


I was shocked at the prices of the different models. The most expensive was 12,995 - 19,995 or as they call it, the Ultimate Workstation - I imagine there are people who like to work like this. I'd rather be at a stand-up or a walking desk over this. Rick said he wouldn't be productive working this way. I am certain I just couldn't work like that at all.  
That position for me would be for watching a video or movie, or reading only. But to work?  Not for this gal. 

Then Rick said something like an old man would say, "what if you have to write something down"  I burst out laughing and said, "No one writes things down anymore, it's all typing"  
He laughed and said, "I show my age daily now don't I?"  
Yes, we do babe.

8 comments:

Mike said...

I still write lots of stuff down. Then they go into my pile of sticky notes to get lost forever.

Taja said...

Oh, my! That zero gravity work station looks far too much like a dental chair!

That is an absolutely lovely photo of the top of your head. Definitely could be used for any formal potrait! ;-)

...Taja 🏜️

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Firstly I would not at all ever consider a chair like that ~ can you imagine trying to stay awake? Yikes! Snoring while on Zoom might be a bit frowned upon. :D
I have noticed that our "hippy" fashion is back....a few years ago I saw a couple of younglings that had put flowered inserts in their jeans....remember making our bell bottoms even more? Fun times my friends and I had with that.
And thank you for explaining evaporated milk, lol. I just use it, I never wondered how it was made.

Arkansas Patti said...

That work station had to have been invented during covid. People are getting too relaxed. I would just doze right off in that though the lift part seemed a good idea. Especially if the lift was remote and your boss controlled the button. Only fair if we get to lie down to work.

Julie H said...

Reminds me of Wallie. It would be good for a bed ridden person though.

Abby said...

I'm almost wondering if zero gravity workstations are meant for disabled people? Except the "models" look fit enough - kind of like the young slim women in adult diaper ads?

When we lived in Utah, nearly all of the (mormon) obits had pictures of deceased when they were about 30. Supposedly how they look in heaven. Super weird for you to get that obituary email!

Olga said...

Showing my age daily has become a major problem -- but I amnot ready for anything like that zero gravity set up!!

Hope Springs said...

OMG, it's Wall-E come to life! And we laughed at that movie.