Thursday, June 2, 2022

It's Summer!

I was watching a show that I enjoy at 9am. 
Just in time for a 2nd cup of coffee. 
The show is recapping all baseball games that played yesterday. I had to laugh when Mark DeRosa said, "it's a good day for Pirates apparently.  
Johnny Depp won and The Pirates swept the Dodgers." 
That silly joke made me happy on a couple of levels.

Then the sportcasters went on a tirade of these two "horribly vapid people", Amber and Johnny. 
Then they went off on a tangent about Johnny Depp's accent. One says, he was born in Kentucky what the hell kind of accent is this? And off they went. None of it having anything to do with baseball but my God they were funny! Yes, where did that accent come from?

I am typing this on my phone as I sit in another drs office. Echocardiogram today. This medication has given me temporary high blood pressure. I have been 110/60 for 66 yrs until now. Sometimes lower but never higher. They want to be sure my heart shows normal since new doctor and no surprises from the drugs. I get it but geez so damn sick of medical institutions!! And sitting and waiting is the worst.
The waiting room tv is at least not showing the news. I hate that. It's hgtv, that can't offend anyone. I've been in an office where a man was yelling at the TV. I mean who needs that?

Speaking of offend. I saw a quote that read, 'just because you are offended doesn't mean you're right.' Mmm...
I also saw a comment/question yesterday under a photo. It read, " I am assuming this is from America from the size of the people. Did this occur in America?"

Now how sad and spot on is that? I've said it before and nothing has changed, it's like that in certain parts of America more than others. I would bet less overweight people in Colorado, California, NYC,(not boroughs), etc
When I traveled all the time I adjusted my clothing for where I was. I wasn't about to get fatter for middle America but I could do this.  I was a customer relationship sales executive. I wasn't selling something and leaving. Once I negotisted the contract they were my customers to help grow and take care of for the term of contract. (Long) It was important they feel a certain level of comfort with me. For example what I'd wear to a meeting in Manhatten is different from my meeting in Cedar Rapids. I learned this the hard way. Nothing worse than going to a small town dressed like big city. You want the people you are meeting with to feel comfortable with you. If a guy was dressed like he stepped out of a wall street movie that would put up an instant wall in middle America. I've seen it happened. Hence why reading people was so important in my job.

Ooh the nurse just called me and I'm in the back sitting in a paper covering which covers nothing. 

Well that was quick and easy and I'm home now and still using my phone.
Why? I saw that last night's rained out game is on this afternoon.See?





I think I need to sit a spell. 
It's hotter than hell here and I don't wish to be outside. Which I fear is my summer stance. I'll go back out in fall. I have learned, there is always tomorrow for all the work around here. 🙃

12 comments:

Abby said...

That's funny - Johnny Depp and the Pirates. Does he have an accent? I always felt it was the alcohol.
I know there are some "big" Americans and it's part of what we're known for. Sadly.
Hope your BP behaves!

bluzdude said...

I'm enjoying seeing my Pirates win a few games. Go Bucs!

Also, I think hospital gowns were originally designed for use at Guantanamo. Those things are diabolical.

Mike said...

"It's hgtv, that can't offend anyone."
What do you mean? If I think they're doing something wrong I'll holler at them! Doesn't Rick too? ... HA!

Bobi said...

Yes, HGTV seems to be doc office choice these days, started at eye doc 4-5 yrs ago, now everywhere. Fine with me, about 15 yrs ago had to go for a stress test, the heart specialist office was showing Fox News (yes, I live in a white, rural area!) I was so livid, I was actually scared I wouldn't pass my stress test!

On a related note, my local stations come from the DMV where they were obsessed with Depp/Heard trial. What a waste of taxpayers' money and time. It was clear from the excessive local coverage that it was a popularity contest, not a trial and clearly the jurors were starstruck and voted for the more popular of the tangling twosome.

Julie H said...

I think if you live somewhere for a bit you pick up the accent. My daughter picked one up when she lived in North Carolina.

Arkansas Patti said...

Boy am I glad that Depp and Heard show is over. What sick people those two are. They deserved each other.
Thought of you and Rick today when I was getting some routine blood work done. The show on in the waiting room was wood porn. They were crafting a really nice mantle.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Ugh. I didn't watch any of the "trial", so so stupid. I had never heard that Depp's accent is faked, but how can we be surprised? Who knows why celebrities do what they do?
I remember when hospital gowns were at least made from actual fabric instead of that stiff paper that does an even worse job of covering up. I hope things improve on your blood pressure!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Count me among those who are sick of the Amber and Johnny show. When two actors go at each other I don't know how anyone can know who is telling the truth. I do't know what kind of accent he has but I like it.

Cruisin Paul said...

I was getting so sick and tired of the Depp and Heard show. It makes me sick that those two are being on the TV while a stupid war is going on with many people are dying.
Yesterday Mary Lou & I took a ride to find out where our cottage would be. Easy to find. Election was yesterday in Ontario. So what. They say that you have a right to vote. Voting sucks.


Cruisin Paul

Olga said...

I am sure the lawyers were the big winners in that trial/circus.

The fireplace is looking good. I imagine swearing is part of the job in something like that.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, I never realized the accent until it was pointed out. My BP is fine on medication - but we want off it.

Bluzdude - Yea I was glad to see that as well my friend! This was a paper top only. I don't know why the hell they even gave it to me, it covered nothing.

Mike - no he wouldn't yell at the TV but I'd have to hear about it. :-)

Bobi - I bet it the DMV was all a twitter since it was in Fairfax. I didn't watch a lick of it. I read some and I saw great memes. Waste of money.

Julie - I can no longer say Carolina like a normal person. I've caught myself a few times now. OH NO! If I say fixin' or biscuits are good, you know I've been kidnapped!

Patti - oh my God how funny! Yes and he just did a very nice walnut one.

It's - I didn't watch it either but you don't have to there are enough memes and it's on the local and evening news. Crazy stupid. This "gown" was a top only. I don't get why. It was open in front so what did it cover. It was a one size fits all - but not all of me. there were no buttons and if you wish to try to pull it together you may rip it. It covered areas not needing covered on me and I found it sad and yet funny. My BP is great on medication. But we hope to be off it when the chemo/steroids are done.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, well she was a very bad actress. LOL

Paul, I do not understand some of your comment. What cottage? Did I miss a post explaining that you have a cottage? 2nd home.

Olga, I am certain you are 100% correct. That's what Rick told me too.