Wednesday, April 28, 2021

The Moon

For those like Mike who googled BBL after my last post -  
I want to assure you this is not a Brazilian butt lift. 
First of all, I don't have a butt so lifting it isn't a priority.  
Or as my husband likes to say I am like an aspirin, flat with a line down the middle.  Remember my story on this issue of butts vs boobs? I'm that theory all day long.

BBL is the same as IPL only stronger. It is a laser that removes acne scars, brown spots (ME). I think some use it to even out skin tone. I just want my dark spots zapped and be gone! No butt lifts here. But that comment cracked me up.

The young man who moved in just at the time of the pandemic is never seen. Rick calls him Stealth Boy. He is such a nice kid. I think he is 26. His parents are here from Raleigh and they were outside last night helping him pull weeds. We came outside with the dog and they asked who did our front yard. We told them plants are by us but the wall that was built was from the local landscaping company. Then the son pulled out a weed from the top, the mom said, "Oh my goodness you can't even pull weeds, you must pull them and get the roots out." 

Now as Rick and I left we could hear this as we walked down the sidewalk. We were chuckling.
Rick asked me if my mom had to show me how to do weed pulling. 
I laughed.  Yes but not at age 26. Are you kidding me? When my mom was alive she'd have me weeding around her flower beds all the time. 
I started at 8 or 9.  Not like I didn't do this until I was 26. My parents I swear had we girls just to do work around the house. Who do you think mowed the lawn and did the trimming? Who took the clothes off the line? (remember clothes lines?) Who shoveled? And the list goes on. 

The kid's gutters are clogged too. We saw that the water was not coming out his downspout which is the line between our townhomes. 
When we told him it wasn't coming out he didn't know what that meant. 
We explained. Then he said to Rick as we were heading out - can you tell my parents what you told me? So Rick told his parents. 

His parents are retired so they visit often.  
This young man and I have the same floor plan. 
He made his dining room a game room with all kinds of games and media and big screens. 
He made the living room his dining room. It's truly a boy's home. 
I must admit I thought it'd be nicely decorated because I assumed this young man was gay.  And I went with the stereotype that he could decorate. So bad ju-ju on me, I should never have assumed!  Nate Berkus he is not, darn it! 

His mom is always up here doing things for him. She keeps buying him outdoor patio pieces and each time she leaves he says to me, "Wanna stop by and help me arrange this stuff when it's warmer?"  Sure!   He is so damn nice I really like this young man. And he bakes me Gluten Free goodies so what is not to like?
He is getting a dog in another month or so and he is so excited. 
He said, "Izzy will have a playmate."  No, no Izzy won't. Izzy is old, a puppy will annoy her. But it will be fun to watch.

Speaking of Izzy -
Here is Izzy the day she just "went down" and we were found and driven home. She looks sort of fine but she was so not fine.

Here is Izzy on Monday. 4 days of medication is a world of difference I'd say. You can see she is doing so much better. This little dance was after swimming non stop for 30 minutes. Then back to swimming. 
Her eyes look brighter and like her old self. 


I was reading an article last evening about people who choose to not have children. Everyone had a comment and some were quite funny to me.
This article hit close to home. I recall when I was 23 and got married to the first that was a question that was asked all the damn time and I found it annoying. Because everyone knew I didn't wish to have children so what made them think it was different now that I was married? I had to care for my sister when my mother died and my father. I found it a horrible thankless job and I didn't wish to do it. I decided I'd have a career.  Oh, the old people would say, "But you'll regret that decision"  No, don't think so. 
I love kids but prefer other people's children because I can give them back, you know, like being a grandparent. That is perfect. 
But that's another post on another day.
Here are 2 that I found funny. This first one is perfect.


This meme just made me laugh because it's sadly me these days.


Monday night as I left to walk Izzy one last time I caught sight of the moon. 
I used my cell phone so it's not as clear as I would like but I was too lazy to run back to get my camera. 
It was also gorgeous at 5:15am Tuesday on our 1st walk as well.  
Did you get to see it?

12 comments:

Jamie Ghione said...

That oe os funny. It seems hard to believe that that 90s were now 30 years ago.

Jamie Ghione said...

Sorry fir the typos.
That one is...

Cruisin Paul said...

I love the video of Izzy. So cute. 5:15am wow, I was up at 5:00am just to go to the bathroom and then back to sleep. How do you do it? I'm glad that you back. Have a wonderful day Peg.

Cruisin Paul

Abby said...

Is your neighbor the IT guy? Well, I suppose he makes a lot more money doing that than pulling weeds :).
Maybe I've mentioned to you before, I really respect people who don't want kids and don't give into social pressures to have them. Everybody usually loses when that happens. Love the comments :D
Go Izzy!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jamie, I know it doesnt sound like it should be 30 years ago!

Paul, I don't know how I do all I do either. I fear when retirement gets here I may just collapse into a puddle.

Abby, yes the young IT guy. He must have money to pay someone to weed for him - that is what Rick said and it made me laugh. When he comes over again I know Rick is going to tease him. He is a nice man and has a sense of humor. A bit shy but he's funny. Do you have any idea how tough it was with an Italian American family not having children? My father actually said to me that I wasn't a full woman then. OMG.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I love the memes. I didn't choose not to have kids but that was the way the cookie crumbled. The assumptions people make and feel compelled to tell you when you're childless when you're young are annoying, hurtful and rude.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, they are always exactly as you explained. The only other situation where I have had such awful things said to me is since my hair is now all salt and pepper. Every day another one and one of these days I am going to say what the bubble over my head is actually thinking and not surpress it!

Julie H said...

I used to pull weeds with my mom too. I know I was really little lol. My kids probably not so much.

Mike said...

Did Rick go over and see what Izzy was rolling in?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, he was filming it so yes. But no dogs are allowed there but Izzy so lucky in that respect.

Julie, see the next generation never made their kids do stuff. They had it made :-)

Arkansas Patti said...

Seeing Izzy having such a good roll was terrific. What a wonderful turn around.
I want whatever Izzy is taking.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, so do I. Funny because Rick said the same thing.