I found my new house. Whatcha think?
Think solicitors will be knocking on my door now?
Boy, I can't get mad at Rick and storm out unless I've got the boat all fueled up.
The people who built this were nuts because they still put in a lawn...so we'd still have to mow. That's crazy. Then again they may be sick of water (which is impossible for me!) & the green lawn perhaps is their escape from the water.
The inside is ugly as all get out to me .
The ceilings are so low and so much wood and darkness. Not my style but boy talk about being away from people. Hmmm.....a girl can dream!
The ceilings are so low and so much wood and darkness. Not my style but boy talk about being away from people. Hmmm.....a girl can dream!
In all seriousness, this would be a big fat headache for fetching food, services on your home etc. Guess there would be no whining when I crave something and want Rick to go fetch for me. Don't think that is going to happen. But the thought of it is appealing. Guess that's why it's for sale.

21 comments:
Whoa. That would have been my dream home, too. But not now, with climate change creating rising water levels all over the world. This place will be the first to go under. No wonder they're selling now!
Izzy would love it!
Anon-- maybe. Either way it's ugly inside so there is that.
Bluzdude - YES we said the same thing. We'd just watch her swim around the house all day. She was swimming yesterday and a big ass turtle went by and she went over, she put her paw on it and it moved. She jumped and then saw the turtle just swim away. But her tail was going 100mph....happy puppy. Your boys up there are giving my lousy time a difficult time. They suck just like this whole last 13 months.
Needs a lighthouse! Btw, do you have a link for the childless article you mentioned yesterday? I would love to read. Thx.
I could never live on an island--just not the outdoor type :)
Bobi, it may have been huffington post. I don't recall now. It came over in my news feed. I'm sorry.
Jamie, so a vacation to the beach is not your ideal scenario. I get it. I'm a city girl who likes some nature but not like my husband!!
Get back to me at the end of the season... we'll see who's where. Talent always rises to the top.
At least you don't have to drive to this house. It's not for me. I like living near the water what not this one. What happens when a hurricane comes?
Cruisin Paul
Oh, no fricken way.
I like how they call it "house on private island". It's a one-acre island.
Abby, and it looks like it is perched so precariously don't you think? One acres island is not for most of us!
Your last paragraph talked me out of it. Wouldn't be bad for a vacation house though.
I would seriously doubt this was a full time home, more likely a cottage for some wealthy person.
One thought on the putting in a lawn, maybe they did it because if you let it go back nature it attracts snakes and curious people who think the house isn't occupied or they have a dog and kids who need a place to play?
It's all fun and games until the hurricane hits.
jean, so how many people do you think might just be stopping by? I wouldn't live in it unless I could remodel from top to bottom. And only in the summer since it's in Connecticut.
Julie, that seems to be the consensus. There were a ton of islands where our lake house was. The issues we'd hear from people is not anyone dropping by, but the difficulty in getting work done in their home. Lot of things you'd never think of.
I wonder if the basement leaks?
Mike 🤣😂
Two days and I would string myself up!
Low ceilings and your man......they don't go together. He'd look like Andre the giant in there.
Linda, that is so funny. I couldn't deal with the darkness and all that brown. And yes, Rick said the same thing that he could probably touch the ceiling in the dining room. So you're not going to come visit? I can't wait until we can all fly again!
Pretty...but not practical and I’d have to paint the walls and ceilings white..but I’d leave the floors
Mary, anything better than what is there. The kitchen is the size of a stamp. Apparently they don't eat. Because I don't think delivery is an option. 😄
Mary, I'd leave the but stain them another color!!
Post a Comment