I find it fascinating that Home Improvement construction is skyrocketing as are the numbers for Home Depot and Lowes. So while no one is eating out, or going to the movies I do know what they are spending their money on while home.
I am most thankful for that. It keeps us in masks. HA HA
Here are some interesting things I've seen of late.
I had such a great weekend. Rick worked on Saturday. Izzy went to daycare. I talked to a blogger on the phone and bothered her for way too long. I got to have a 2nd cup of coffee in the morning. That doesn't happen with the dog around. I would have been walking her then so that 2nd cup tasted even better!
I cleaned hardwood floors on the 3 levels including 3 bathrooms. I got the floor cleaned on the entire first floor including powder room and no one was here to mess it up for a few hours!! It was clean and perfect for a few hours and that to me is nirvana.
You have no idea how nice that was. I got more things done in 3 hrs than I can get done with Rick and Izzy underfoot. Why is that? I think Izzy and Rick are like Pig Pen on The Peanuts Cartoon Strip - there is always a mess and smell that follows them. 😇
Monday mornings before work it is very quiet around here and it does drive me crazy.
Rick wakes up and instantly turns on the TV. Not my favorite thing.
He watches a show called Yellowstone. In all honestly every time, I look at the screen someone is slaughtering someone like an animal and that too would make me ill or stabbing or kicking or shooting.
So not my thing!
He turns this western on and all must be quiet so he can watch it.
Oh he has never said to be quiet but I once said Good Morning and he paused the show and acted like this was a major intrusion.
It is barely 6am. I do not do this to him.
I like shows that he finds awful and I never watch them and make him be quiet because he doesn't like them. So when he isn't around I watch them or sometimes I watch on another tv but most often when he isn't here.
I told him Sunday that it bugs the shit out of me that he turns it on instantly upon waking up and sits there glued. There is no talking - you ignore the dog. If I ask if you want coffee you only nod, there is nothing from you until it's over. Then you leave for work.
Why can't you watch this when I am not around like I do for you?
He looked at me and then began to laugh. Ooh, I felt my blood rising.
Then he calmly says with a bit of a snicker, "you watch your shows when I leave for work right? Or before you start work or before I get home and you're done with work right? You work from home, you are always here when would I watch when you leave? Where are you going?"
OH MY GOD, HE'S RIGHT - NOooooo he's never right.
So it hit me and I realized that was obvious and yet it never occurred to me. What an utter dingbat!
Now I am laughing. He's right, he leaves, I don't so when would this time alone be for him? Damn it. I looked over at him in his big ugly chair with his shit-eating grin and said, "you are correct and damn that's funny. I was so pissed off that you do this every Monday morning. But you're right I'm always here but you know you could do it in the evening and go to another TV"
The smart ass didn't miss a beat and immediately said, "But then I wouldn't be in the same room as you babe."
Oh yeah, we both had a hearty har-har at that comment. Please!


17 comments:
I am glad to know there is another person in this world who finds it unacceptable to turn the television on first thing in the morning. I am sure there are people in my family who never even turn it off.
Olga, :-)
Yellowstone is a guy-soap opera. I watched the first season and then got bored with it. My husband's go-to show was M*A*S*H. I'll bet he watched every episode a million times. Glad you and Rick seem to always end your (normal) marital bickering by laughing. Clears the air, doesn't it.
It is so easy to see the things that bug us about our loved ones. I know I am a mess but there are times I think I would be so darn easy to live with! And yet, I imagine my close loved ones would be chuckling right now.
Now that my husband works from home, it bothers me that I won't turn on a stupid show I like to have on in the background while I'm working around the house. Then again, I've found much more interesting podcasts to listen to on my earbuds. Change is good!
Abby, at 5:30 - 6am I don't wish to listen to anything more than nature. No technology before 8 for the love of God!!
Jean - well the humor was my air headed comment so it was difficult not to laugh at myself. I must admit if it were MASH I'd not mind near as much. I watch MASH a lot. I just love that show and I feel it holds up. Although some would say Hawkeye is clueless to #metoo. BUT I find him funny and in that environment perfect!
Linda, I am not easy to live with and neither is Rick, perhaps that is why it works. HA
Oh I love Yellowstone! It really is good!
Mine is retired now and I never can clean without him home. I try and do it when he goes grocery shopping but he's not gone long enough!
We are redoing the kitchen now and after we watch our show and eat dinner I usually go and work on it. He will come out later and check out what I have done! He can be a pain!
I went to the google to see what Yellowstone was. I was sure the first thing to come up would be the park. Nope. https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a33608329/yellowstone-season-3-episode-9-recap/
April, what are you doing to your kitchen that he is not a part of the remodel? Good for you!
Mike - I don't need that link to know this show sucks. Kevin Costner reminds me of client eastwood lately. They suck. They act the same in each movie - not real stretch.
I usually love westerns but did not love Yellowstone. I have to like at least someone on a show to keep watching.
Rick manages to do it a lot doesn't he? He can make you laugh when you really would rather not. Talented guy.
BTW, I loved that 87 year old guy.
I don't know but I'm up at 6:30, arranges everything for Mary Lou to have her breakfast. she gets into her little computer, there is a name for it but I can never remember the name and after at 9:00am I suddenly get so tired I lay in the lazy boy and I fall asleep. I don't get it. Getting old sucks.
Cruisin Paul
Patti, I loved that meme so much I had to post it. I love that site of good news. It never fails to touch me somehow.
Paul, Ah, nothing wrong with a nap! I would love to get up that late however my dog just won't allow it. :-)
And agreed - getting old sucks big time!
I'd love to be alone for an entire day. It's like a dream.
Julie, I know! Rick was supposed to go on this fishing trip with a friend and I think I was more disappointment than he was that it had to cancel. I kept thinking - 2 whole days alone! Bad wife!!
I'm painting the cabinets!!
April you yourself? If you need tips drop me an email. Love to help if you need it.
That's funny. I never would have thought about it that way either. We live and learn. I just started watching Yellowstone. So far I really like it to but I just started. It's nice to have that clean feeling. I started to clean the extra closet and didn't get very far. There are still little piles on my bedroom floor because I just can't seem to finish it. I'm surprised I don't have nightmares at night.
Post a Comment