Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Several rants and questions

Besides the fact that we have no federal pandemic plan in place - oh wait allow me to rephrase that - they have one but choose not to follow it.
So because of that, we have the highest deaths and cases in the world. This meme is New Zealand's Prime Minister vs the orange dictator. Wasn't it sad as hell when in his press conference he couldn't say Yosemite (Nat'l Park)?
He tried a few times but learning, reading, understanding are not his strong suits shall we say.

But while the trouble is squarely on trump - the biggest trouble after him are the American's who think this is a fine time for a vacation or a spa day.  Or this is a fine time to go to a bar or restaurant. And of course not wearing masks - we don't need no stinkin' masks. Come on! 
Mildred, just wrote the saddest story about her family being near someone who had no regard for anyone but themselves and didn't wear a mask and gave it to her family. You know party's are mandatory don't you?

Look, I know common sense no longer exists or more people would have it, so not so common anymore. I get it, but seriously this is sad.
You want to go back to work - then sit your ass at home and do what is needed!  We will never have this go away with people swimming, golfing, mingling, eating out, and hanging at the beach. It just won't. So consider your self stuck at home for a lot longer now! Gee thanks. 

Just wait until the teachers and children start dropping like flies. 
Oh, then I bet an uproar will take place. But why? You thought it was fine to go to the public pool. You send your kid to school and if they give it to another kid's family and someone dies, is that murder because they sure as hell knew what they were doing and chose to do it anyway? 
Don't think for a minute if I thought of that others will and use it to sue the pants off you. It's just a matter of time, especially when little timmy is concerned.

I really don't understand the economy. Never have and I guess my grasp is not getting any better. I asked some people this and everyone looks at me like I have a 3rd eye. So if someone could explain to this dummy why in 2020 when our GDP is down 32% or more the stocks are flying high. Are the numbers being manipulated? During the depression, the GDP dropped to 30%.
So therein lies my confusion. It caused a depression last time and this time everything is just dandy they are saying. I don't understand how this works.
Yes, you are correct I didn't pay attention to this in high school. And the longer this goes on will it make us weaker? Hmm...if the answer is yes, then why the hell is everyone not doing what they should be? Aren't we concerned about the long haul? Or as Americans do we just want our microwave culture and damn it we want it NOW?
If the answer is no, then GDP has nothing to do with this. Whew. If you get this please explain - slowly for me. I'm as dumb as the president on this topic.

Not thrilled by Biden's pick but so be it. She's smart and strong and young. Better than the numbskull Pence and his mommy. Wonder if he'll be allowed to debate her since she is female and he is not allowed to be around females let alone all by himself on stage. But this pick will have trump spouting all kinds of lies and racist shit. Can't wait.
This one I just thought was so perfect for him. He reminds me of the kid that got locked in his locker all the time. Daddy gave him money so he abuses everyone in his path now. BTW, have there been any presidents in my lifetime ( from Kennedy on) that did not have a dog or cat? If so I can't think of one. I thought even Nixon had a cocker spaniel. But maybe I dreamt that. That's okay a dog would not be treated well by him and there is no money in it for the resting bitch face so she wouldn't care for it. I think a dog is better off not being there. 
Have you seen this ad?

10 comments:

Ami said...

I have no answers.

I'm amazed at the number of people who still (in the words of MY OWN MOTHER) think that Orangeman is 'the lesser of two evils'.

I 'had to go now, Mom' because I don't want to argue politics with my mother. She's 81 years old, not gonna change and here's the kicker... her vote doesn't count any more than mine does.

As for the stock market? That's for rich people. And if they're doing okay, then fuck you and yours. At least that's how I understand it.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Love the video!

When you figure out the stock market, let me know. All I know the GDP reflects rich people buying and selling stocks and making money in the trades. They are dumping stock they think will go down and buying what they think will go up for their next trade.

Olga said...

I have no idea about the stock market and when someone tries to explain it I do the "LALALA' fingers in my ears thing. Maybe that explains why I will never be wealthy.

Mike said...

I looked this up... "Donald Trump is the first president since James K. Polk to not have a presidential pet while in office."

Plus I thought Nixon was the one that held his dog up by its ears. Nope. It was Lyndon Johnson.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

So apparently everyone is on the same place as me with the GDP.

Mike, dogs know instinctively a good or bad person and a dog would run away if in this WH. And now that you mention the dog ears I remember seeing that photo or event.

Arkansas Patti said...

I have had my questions about the successful stock market also. HOW?? Can't be possible.
Researching now how to get myself into an induced coma till the election. Not sure I will survive all the vitriol that will be coming from the WH if I remain conscious.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, I said that same thing. Wake me on January 20th. It's gonna get worse. I fear what he is doing to the post office has something to do with him messing with it for the election. I will CRAWL to vote. I am not going to do this via mail this year - I don't trust this MF.

Julie H said...

Yeah I don't understand the stock market much either except for some people go to jail when they cheat.

I keep hoping rent will go down here but nope. Still through the roof.

Jamie Ghione said...

I mostly stay away form political coomenting, but I was glad ot see Harris as Biden's running mate. As were most people I know who hate our current president.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jamie - :-)