This is the week annually that we take our vacation and go to the lake.
I will work from there but it is always dead city this week - every year.
Last week everyone I spoke to kept saying they were going on vacation let's book it for the return. So I have it made, Rick sadly does not.
So I plan to take advantage of it. We have been doing double the work since the pandemic and while we are so damn fortunate it is catching up with us.
We also thought with people losing their jobs it may be easier to find people but it's not. No one wants to work full time so perhaps it will be a part-timer. The problem is everyone needs us but it's beneath them to do labor.
Rick had a man yelling at his son for not doing some school work and pointed to Rick and said, 'do you want to end up like a grunt like this guy? Then you better crack the books so you can get into college."
Rick was so offended he made it a point to tell the man in front of his kid that he had a degree and his last job was that of VP of Human Resources in aerospace but got tired of the whiney entitled brats who haven't a clue on real-life so he now does this. So I take great offense to you calling me uneducated and a grunt.
Funny how that works isn't it? The guy's face turned every shade of red and the kid asked Rick if he liked it better than white collar. He told him yes he did and if you go to school for a trade and get good you'll make more $$ than your father here. And Rick walked away. This wasn't the first time this happened to Rick.
It's just the first time Rick spoke up. He didn't care if he was asked to leave and walk away from the job, he was not going to be insulted and made to look like a monkey when this number-crunching accountant said these things about him as if he wasn't there or had no feelings. Nice thing to teach your child Mr. Accountant.
Have you all watched Tough as Nails on CBS? I believe it's on Tuesday nights.
I don't recall but thankfully my DVR does. It's basically a reality show which I normally hate and don't watch but this one I have enjoyed. With the exception of the dude who was military. I swear if you made a drinking game of every damn time he tells you how it was done in the military you'd be 3 sheets to the wind in 15 minutes. It is quite annoying to me and Rick. Otherwise, he is a cool dude.
These are all blue-collar workers, firemen, window washer, even a farmer in there. You know, the people who make the country run.
They compete in tough physical challenges. Rick says it is not fair because the women no matter how strong will never be as strong as the men. True!
But I do enjoy the women on there. This older woman is small but kick ass.
She is someone I'd want on my team because everyone thinks at first she is no threat. They found out soon enough she is indeed a big threat. I love all these characters and I just enjoy the show. Something different to watch and I like that it's not about clothes and being mean to one another. This is very team-oriented and no slimy side-eye looks or anything like a reality show that I hate. This is more like Amazing Race but not quite. Same producer and host. He and his wife wrote the show and produce it. It's something to watch for the Big Guy and me.
It's been slim pickin's.
_____
We were to go to VT this fall. But due to the pandemic, we are not going.
We were to go to NC 2 times by now and of course, we can not do that.
I did not mind being homebound for 4.5 months but it is now getting to me.
____
Locally the MGM at the harbor front is laying off over 800 employees.
That is a lot of unemployed folks around here. I don't care what anyone says, the economy is not as good as one thinks. We can't have this huge dip in the gdp and still keep pretending all is well. I don't get a lot of fiscal stuff but this seems like common sense. We are going to take years to get out of the orange mess. Anyone seeing a big crash coming?
I saw where they were asking for covid-19 test dummies. I would not sign up for the vaccine to test. I am not that nice. I pray others will be brave for me. Then after you get the vaccine to you walk around unmasked and licking doorknobs in hopes of seeing if you are in contact you will be fine? How do they test this is what I wonder? I need to start looking for answers to this because God knows we don't have leadership telling us anything but hate speech.
Hope you all have a wonderful and fun Monday!

17 comments:
800 workers, Oh my God. I hope they are vote Biden this November because Trump is telling people that he's helping all workers. It is getting bad in the states. I really thinks that Trump wants civil war. I'll be praying for you all.
Cruisin Paul
I volunteered for a Phase 3 vaccine trial they are doing here in Rottenchester. Got a call back from them about a week ago, got asked a bazillion questions, then they told me how this thing works. I'll put up a post on it to share the process. Also - don't know for sure that I'm in yet, but should know in a few weeks.
And good on Rick for putting that jerk in his place.
Thx Paul we need everything positive we can get.
Brian, thank you taking one for the team!!You are far more brave than me. I can't wait to hear the details!!
bluzdude, normally I get angry when he speaks up but not this time. He has had this happen a few times now. I have as well as I have written about here. And when their power is out or their a/c or perhaps a plumbing issue, are you going to call them a grunt when you mr.4yr degree can't do it yourself? My last week here I will not be biting my tongue. I can't wait.😀
I can't believe the guy used Rick as a bad example with him right there. I'm glad Rick put him in his place. You probably won't get any referrals from him but if they are like him, so what.
Did you see my long joke Sunday post? It fits that situation to a T.
https://mikenet707.blogspot.com/2020/08/4888-long-joke-sunday.html
And I signed up for a vaccine trial but have not heard anything back. And that was about two months ago. I'm guessing I was eliminated.
Mike, I read it and got the gist of it but because I am math challenged I didn't quite understand the math but I got the gist. And you're correct it is like this in a way. No matter your job you deserve respect. Ditch digger, garbage collector and your refinisher. All jobs everyone needs at one point in time yet hating paying them for it or think they are better than you for it. Silly.
I read what that asshole said to Rick with my mouth hanging up in shock. Jeez! Did he not have a clue how insulting he was being? I'm glad Rick spoke up for himself and the son got to hear it. Father does NOT always know best.
I've seen promos on the TV show. I'll have to try it. The military guy reminded me a book I read recently where a woman kept bringing up that she was a billionaire, made me want to scream after awhile.
Jean, I wrote about this happening to him before but I think because he did and said nothing it just slipped by. This time I think you all understood his reaction. The guy was a pisser for sure. Yes, anyone who has to tell me who they are or what they think it important about them drives me crazy too. I'm not a billionaire by the way Jean. :-)
Ami, I am finding it easier to comment on other blogs if I use MS Edge or IE. Chrome is giving me fits. Of course, I like it better.
Remember when school was about everything so you could decide what you wanted to do? I took all kinds of shit until something stuck. Then I had a guidance counselor tell me I could not do it because i was a girl. SHRIEK...a girl! .
Almost every guidance counselor I ever met was a nice person. Never met one who knew shit about life, though. And they didn't offer me any guidance.
Wow that guy was a complete asshole to do that. I'm glad Rick told him and the kid that he didn't know wtf he was talking about.
I keep waiting for housing prices to go down here but so far no luck.
Wow. I cannot believe the rudeness of some people. Good for Rick for speaking up.
I am not volunteering for medical trials, but I am too old anyway!
Absolutely love what Rick said to that jerk. What was even cooler is that the jerk's son bought into Rick's view so he not only put the guy down, he made him look wrong in his son's eyes.
Didn't watch Tough as Nails as I thought it would be the usual reality show with people being mean and sneaky. Guess it is kind of late now. Darn.
The two times I had interactions with guidance counselors, one in high school and one in college, they directed me to make the two worst decisions every for directions to go in school.
Patti, I get your thoughts on the show. I only glanced at it but rick was into it so I watched the 1st episode and fell in love with some of these folks. They all support each other and joke, nothing like you'd think.
Mike, it must have been an easy A to be a GC because they never did anything and when they did it wasn't positive in my view
I love the Rick story. I haven't seen that program you talked about but I'll give it a search.
Post a Comment