Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Hump Day

Just a couple of things that have happened this week so far.

The lady across the street is a big fan of the baseball team Washington Nationals.
She sees me outside with my dog so she walks over with her dog.
Her dog annoys the shit out of my dog and while I found it funny at first, she doesn't get why my dog won't "play" with her little yapper.  He's a little yapper is what I want to scream but instead, I say, Izzy is old and small dogs and puppies she no longer has time for.  She bought it.

Our conversation went like this -
Karen: Your favorite baseball team sure is getting a lot of media attention.
Me: really? I hadn't noticed. Hmm.. well they are healthy and it's been a long time that the team has all been healthy. Years in fact.
Karen: Well it is all I'm seeing (she says with disgust) 
Me: Oh gee sorry. But Karen so far no covid and that alone is news
Karen: No, it's not about that. It's all this winning bullshit!
Now I just laughed and said Okay.

One more baseball tidbit -
We cleaned our rivals sox off. Get it? Yea the Boston Red Sox were swept by us and while I will always love it, it wasn't the same since they suck. Too easy. I never in my life would have thought I'd say that but it's here in print.

So now I think I'll have a t-shirt made that says, "All that winning bullshit"
I know everyone loves to hate on my team and the way they show it always makes me laugh. This one was a first and it made me really laugh.
_______________
Last night my notification sound went off on my phone. This weather radar app lets me know storms are coming, rain is coming in 15 minutes etc.  We had some real storms due to the hurricane. Some tornados - you know the general fun stuff with the tail end of a hurricane. So I expected to see a warning of sorts.  I open my phone and see this.



I burst out laughing. I say to Rick what I am reading and he asks if I hit the black bar to read the rest of it. I said I indeed did and that is all it says.
He and I had a damn good laugh over this one. 
"Light rain starting, likely stopping"
I am so glad I got that info or I'd have thought it was going to rain forever and ever.
___________
As I have mentioned my husband watches The Price Is Right in the evening before Jeopardy. Yes, he is a creature of habit.
What makes me laugh is how he knows all the women and men who wave their hands about over a car or can opener.  
Oh, he loves the blonde Rachel.
He tells me, "her husband is a former baseball player" as if that matters to me.

The other night our friend Joe, who also records and watches TPIR in the evening like the weirdo Rick. Joe texts my husband to tell him that both Tiffany and Rachel were on today. He watched it live on this particular day. 
Joe just can't wait to share this important news with Rick. Apparently, they don't often appear together or some crazy thing. Who knows.

I heard Rick's text and after he reads it he says to me all excited, "Hey Rachel and Tiffany are both on tonight"  
Who are Rachel and Tiffany?
The girls on TPIR.
You mean the women.
The female gender types who wave their arms in front of a car.
Yes, I got you, Rick.
Joe actually text this important information to you?
Well, it is important. He watched it today live and he thought I'd be excited to know.
Well God knows I'm all a twitter Richard.

20 comments:

Jamie Ghione said...

Not into baseball, but I thought your sox pun was great.
I hope you are staying safe in the hurricane and in general of what has been happening.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thanks Jamie. We are all fine. It made a hot mess of the plants on my patio but we just had high winds and torrential rains. All around us were tornados and flooding so we are fortunate!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Got a few laughs reading your blog today. I needed that. LOL

Linda said...

Glad you have something to distract all the bad news. Go Team!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, I'm glad. We all damn well need the laughs anywhere we can get them.

Linda, hurricane fun is definitely a distraction.😊

Ami said...

The title of this post should have been either
Dan and his Bimbos
or
All that winning bullshit

I don't get alerts on my phone for anything but school closures. Haven't had a lot of that lately!!

Olga said...

A couple of years ago my brother met a couple of men playing golf where he now lives in NC. They were from Mass. and when they learned my brother was from VT they said "So you are a Red Sox fan. My brother said no he has always been a Yankee's fan. They didn't speak to him the rest of the afternoon and never asked him to play golf again.

Don watches TPIR too and it completely drives me nuts because he yells at the contestants. I point out they can't hear him but it offends him that people go on the show without having researched prices. We watch Jeopardy and call out answers but we don't get mad at the players so that's okay.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, DAN and his bimbos!! LOL

Olga - yes Rick yells at the contestants and he tells them to get spayed or neutered when he finds them dumb. (you know like they say at the end of the show.)
I can't believe people are so messed up that they don't speak to someone because of the sports team they like. Crazy! But since I'm in the same boat as your brother I get it. I have not been waited on because I was wearing a NYY baseball cap. Now I always say I couldn't live in Mass because of this. I bleed pinstripes. But I will speak to them. It's not like they support trump or something. :-)

Julie H said...

Hmm my husband only gets excited about baseball.

Arkansas Patti said...

Since you are posting, that means the power is still on. Way to go.
Curious how Rick and Joe are so up on the price of things. Of course it could just be Tiffany and Rachael they are keeping up with.
Know the whipping of the Sox had to feel good. I feel that way when my team beats the Phillies. We are finally back playing again. Second string is doing pretty well. Ahhh.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - that's me, not my hubby :-)


Patti - yep we don't often lose power in my neck of the woods. All lines are below ground for us. But the wind and rain were horrible and my poor plants and flowers. :-(
Yes, we beat the Phillies and it was wonderful. I am not a fan of Bryce Harper or Philly period. I thought it would be interesting too since their manager is Joe Giradi. I do love Didi Gregorious so watching him not in pinstripes was awful. I am sure you've noticed Stanton has slimmed down. He is like Adonis these days. Holy crow. Glad your guys are doing well and going back to play ball. I still think it will never be a full 60 games, but who knows 2020 is so messed up isn't it?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, Rick's shops so he is good with the prices. Better than me actually. And if you watch it enough they do use the same items and he'll remember the prices. Remember what I tell him? Never! But the price of that can opener he'll know. figures.

Toni said...

Needed the chuckles! Thank you!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Toni, you're welcome! :-)

Mike said...

How would the contestants know that the cars are there if the girls didn't point them out!

Mary said...

Did you happen to see this? Kid hits two baseballs at once

https://youtu.be/XdVLSXCP368

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

No Mary I did not see it. Pretty cool though to hit the foul and the pitch! Thx!

Mildred Ratched said...

Men! lol

Now, onto baseball and neighbors...I'm a Red Sox fan BUT you're right, they have sucked :( That's all I've got to say about that and I love your T-shirt idea!

Now, for neighbors...well, since at the moment I have none on either side of me things are pretty quiet around here. The last big excitement was when a LARGE limb came down on the guy's truck across the street during some tropical mess awhile ago and it pretty much crushed the cab of the truck. Other than that my neighbors don't talk to me because ...well, I don't really know why. Maybe I'm ugly and my mother dresses me funny. Maybe I smell funny? Who knows? I think it might be because I'm anti-social and rarely go out front.

Brian said...

"Light rain starting, likely stopping"

Noah never got that message!

I'll add that as an upstate NY guy, when people ask me my favorite baseball team, my answer is usually "Whoever the Yankees are playing".

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mildred, I think it's the latter - you rarely go out. Or maybe they love Mango Mussolini and that should make you happy they stay away.
I don't hate red sox fans - I am not one of those. But I don't care for the red sox. big difference. It's not as much fun when you guys aren't playing well or don't have any players left. :-(