Sunday, August 2, 2020

Air, I need air!!

I made note. 
96 degrees 94% humidity at the time of death.
The air conditioner died.
Service came on Saturday as a dog, a husband and wife were zapped of all energy from the very hot house. He could not help. Sending someone on Sunday with parts needed.

They did not sleep. 2nd floor was brutal but nighttime temps were 80s so can't open windows. All fans going. Not much sleep was had. Hubby in his chair on the 1st floor. Wife on the sofa with fans blowing hot air on them. The poor dog just panted. The husband turned in Mr. Cranky Pants. Lovely evening.


HVAC men are to arrive sometime on Sunday between 10 - 12p. 

Or will they die from heatstroke first? Stay tuned

14 comments:

Mike said...

Go in the garage. Sit in your car and turn on the AC. I'm sure everything will be OK.

Ami said...

A portable AC for the bedroom?
Just in case?

I'm so sorry, though, that sucks.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Gee Mike what could go wrong?

Ami, he just left. its cooling, but will take a long time to cool the house down. I don't care, I'm just thrilled it's working.

Abby said...

Ick, I got cranky just reading this. Stay cool, Peg.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

They never go out when you don't really need them to work. Glad your service came today.

Jamie Ghione said...

Glad you could get it fixed. Hoping everything is all right now.

Olga said...

I remember complaining about being hot as a kid and my mother told me to think cold thoughts. I sat sown a drew a picture of Santa making his Christmas Eve sleigh rounds in his underwear. Don't roll your eyes. It really helped! It's all in the mind.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, that's funny. We drank lots of water and laughed while hosing down our dog at 1am. It's been a weekend to remember.

Jamie, thx. The house is cooling down....we are getting there. 😁

Arkansas Patti said...

I know people survived before A/C--I was one of them but mercy, don't ask us to do it now. So glad you are back with cool air coming out of the vents.

bluzdude said...

Normally that would have been a good time to go to the movies, or out to eat. Glad it got fixed.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Having just been in Texas, where it rained, the sun came out and heated everything back to 98 or so ~ it was like being in a sauna. I am glad your a/c is working again, because sleeping and sweating just doesn't work for me!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, oh you know I agree. I'm a spoiled brat.

Bluzdude, that is what Rick said, remember when we lived in a 2nd floor flat and we'd go to the movies to get cool? Yep.

It's a Crazy - I'm so sorry you had to learn about this kind of summer. But now you know our southern heat that I talk about. It is a sauna. Humidity makes such a difference and my friends on the west coast don't get it. It is vastly different. I am always soaking through a shirt after a short walk with the dog. My hair gets flat as a pancake and honestly I hate sauna's and will never go in one so you know I don't like it for my outside air to be a sauna. I bet you're glad to be home where it's dry.

Julie H said...

Yucky

Barbara said...

Did somebody say Black Cloud?