Tuesday, June 2, 2020

UPDATES

I never showed you Rick's before and after photo. I realized this when he said he was getting ready for another cut. It appears he liked it so much that I get to do it again.  The blonde bombshell who normally cuts his hair for a lot of money just wrote and said they were opening in phase 2. I asked if he was sure he wanted me to do this. (I didn't want to!)  He said yes. So dang it I'm cutting his hair again.

My hair is a hot mess. The cut is gone. It's just white and brown hair hanging from my head with no style. Oh well.  I will look dreadful for a bit longer. I have an appointment on the 30th of June. We will see if I have the courage to go.
_________
Remember that HALO I told you about?   It works as advertised.
Seriously love this thing. We may get another for a work vehicle.
My Highlander was dead when Rick got to the car after taking Izzy swimming.
He was about to call me for help when he remembers this was in the glove box.
He charged the car and came home. In the meantime, he ordered a new battery. None in stock. So, of course, we had to do this one more time. This is everything it is advertised to be along with the feeling of I can do this alone.  After both charges, it didn't need to be put on the charger either. Everything it said it has done perfectly.  I love that no other car to help jump you. If I were alone this would have saved me! It saved Rick as well but he feels okay stopping someone to get help, whereas I am not so fond of doing that with strangers these days.
________
I took the advice of a commenter on how to get my duvet cover on my comforter. It worked like a charm! Thank you Rae!` It said to use rubber bands but my duvet cover had ties to attach to the areas made for the ties on my comforter. It took me just a few minutes to get a king-size comforter in the duvet. Most of that time was tying the corners and middle and viola it was in!! Rick came home and said, "did someone help you?"  Yes, smartypants Rae did.
__________
The patio furniture and flowers are out for the summer now. Well, not all the flowers. Still have some to plant. But the big items are cleaned and out there.
And yes the screen around the AC was finished.
Rick bought those screens and then made these slots (raddet) into the posts so they just slide in. It works and better than seeing fully the ugly rusted ole AC.
We have a home warranty so we wish the A/C unit would die so we can get a newer one that is quieter. Honestly, anything would be quieter.

Our neighbors on both sides are moving. Is it us?
The end unit is a rental. The new guy moved in. Very friendly with a dog.
Rick came into the house and said, "why rent such a big place if only him?"
I said people ask us why we have a 3 bedroom 3 bath as well and it's just us.
Touche Rick replied.
I said I'm betting he's a single divorced dad and he needs those rooms.
Sure enough, that is the case.

The couple on the other side is your typical Nothern Virginians.
They are young making each a solid middle six-figure salary. They drive cars that cost more than all 3 of ours together. Everything is about the show.
She is a demanding spoiled person. I like him a lot.
He is kind and funny and she berates him like nobodies business. How do men and women take that kind of abuse so easily?  I don't understand that. I would never speak to a human the way she speaks to him and if someone spoke to me like that they wouldn't see me again.

They have been married for 2 yrs.  They moved here 2 yrs ago. So they bought a fixer-upper house and they are moving to the country. I will not miss their noisy dogs!!  I am not a fan of the constant barking. It annoys my dog which I think is even funnier.
But as I said to Rick, I worry about what is moving in.
Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.
When you live on top of one another you must get alone. Since we have lived here there have been 6 different families in that home. These people were the most disruptive and by far the noisiest neighbors we've ever had. Normally we do not hear our neighbors. I don't know what the hell they are doing over there but they are loud. 20 years of neighbors and we have not heard a peep from anyone until they moved in. Weird.
___________
"Betty" that big ole mass in my right eye is rearing her ugly head. I head to the doctors on Wednesday. Not thrilled. I guess I call them when I arrive. Then sit in my car to wait. They will call me back when it's my turn. They do not want an office full of patients. One of the doctors contracted COVID and their office was closed since March 1st.
Once I am called in I will go right to my doctor's room and I will have my exam.
I think I like this better than the old way anyway.

We had 134 cases of COVID-19 in my development as of last Monday.
We receive updates and it comes in zip code form.
Our development is pretty big so we got our own zip code. That is how I learned how many we have.
A woman across the street's husband was feeling like he couldn't get a full breath for a couple of days. His wife had an oximeter I think it's called. You know the thingy you put your finger in to see your oxygen levels. She called the ER because it was so low. They said to come in. He was tested and he has it but along with that test, some other blood work was done and shows he has leukemia. They are only in their mid-40's. On one hand how great that it was caught but now with both diseases can he fight off them both? This poor family. 

So each time I feel sorry for myself I have to remember I am somewhat healthy and the same with Rick. We are hanging in there, even if our hands are slipping a bit.

16 comments:

bluzdude said...

I'll have to look into that HALO thing. Sounds like a great idea.

I ordered one of those pulse-ox clippy things back in March. I read that the 'Rona can interfere with your lung efficiency, so even if you're asymptomatic, you could still be not getting enough oxygen into your blood. It finally came in this weekend. So far, so good.

Good luck with your eyeball.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bluzdude, that was the only symptom he had. So good thing they had one.

Olga said...

My condo development has a constant turnover. I have given up even trying to meet neighbors.

This is a rough time to have any medical concerns but we have to keep taking care of ourselves. I hope that Betty gets an eviction notice.

Just hair hanging from my head! Except I feel like it's hair just falling off my head. I know there is daily shedding when my hair is short, but now that it's so long it feels like so much much more. i keep checking for bald spots.

Abby said...

You can't pick your neighbors. Good luck with the new ones!
I got a haircut a couple of weeks ago. Made an appointment, wore a mask, stylist wore a mask, no one could sit in the waiting area. She said its, not surprisingly, been crazy busy since they were allowed to open. Lots of "repairs".
Tough story about your neighbor with COVID-19 and leukemia. So young!
Keep hanging in!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, I think I need a new hairstylist. She wears one only if you want her too. No! It is mandatory in our state to wear them so damn it wear them!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, when my thryoid is out of wack my hair falls out a lot. I have fine hair so it's not a good look. :-)

Mike said...

I was at Walgreens a few months ago and had an oximeter in hand. It was $20. I thought, na, what do I need this for? Facepalm now.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, yep we did the same thing.

Arkansas Patti said...

Got the feeling that you are now Rick's go to barber. Teach him how to cut your hair? Ok, maybe not. Super shaggy here.
Glad that Halo worked so well. It earned its keep early on.
I've had my oximeter for a long time now with my bad lungs. Cheap and very handy. Hope your docs can get rid of Betty. She needs to go.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, Yea I am getting that horrible feeling as well. I don't wish to be though. But I also think what he got for 60-65 dollars was not a good haircut. I told him last night he should pay me. He said, "oh I can pay you baby" He can make the nicest things dirty honestly!

Cruisin Paul said...

Mary Lou decided to do her own hair and she was impressed with it and she said may never go back to the Hairdresser. I doubt that. I don't need that problem. See ya Peg.

Cruisin Paul

Julie H said...

Oh that poor guy!

Things are opening up here a bit. Well until we have people looting stores. They actually closed the local Wal Marts.

We had a teleconference today with all these questions about reopening and them talking like it's soon for work. My boss then tells me the work county has to have a decline in cases for 14 days and so far they are still going up so I guess we don't worry about that for a bit.

My hair is in a bun on top of my head. It's going to be to my butt by the time I can get it cut I think.

Oh and we have the most horrible new neighbor but I think I blogged about that already lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie,the good thing about your hair is it's long enough to put in a ponytail. I have a short cut, not long enough to put up but no longer a cute short style either.
Just a brown and white helmet!

Rae said...

When we lived in a townhouse, we had the same neighbors on both sides of us and rarely heard them at all. However, the switch in neighbors behind us helped us decide to finally move. They clomped up and down the stairs, which ran along side the wall that was shared between us. And they had 4 kids in a 2 bedroom unit, with another on the way. They would leave their dogs inside the house all day and they would bark the entire time. I felt bad for the dogs. There was just so much noise all of the time. I wish you the best of luck with your new neighbors - and glad the tip on the duvet cover worked for you. Once I found out to use rubber bands, it made it so much easier. Ranee (MN) (yes, people call me Rae also)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ranee or Rae which do you prefer? I am thankful we've never had neighbors like you had. But who knows what is coming!

Barbara said...

I did break down and get a hair cut yesterday. The top had gotten so long I could put it in a Pebbles Flintstone top knot. It was cute on her - me, not so much. I wore my mask until she got to the part around my ears and then I unhooked it and held it up to my nose. I was the only customer in there during the middle of a weekday. I'm glad I did it now but I was scared. The circumstances were just lucky.