My husband is turning into an old fart.
He would make fun of me when I had insomnia and I would watch QVC.
For some reason that was the only time I ever tuned in.
Things would show up like our bone-conducting headphones.
He didn't laugh once he had those babies to wear for work.
He LOVES them. But that didn't stop him from making fun of me that I have turned into that old woman who watches QVC.
Then one-day last year I saw something on there that I thought would be most useful for us, me especially. It was at 2am and I remember rewinding the entire segment of this product to hit record so I could show Rick in the morning. It is the HALO Bolt.
I showed this to him and asked what he thought, he said, hmm...pffft....argh....mmm.
I admit I don't know his new language but I took it to mean he didn't give a shit. Now, I could be wrong but that was how I interpreted his comments.
Then yesterday he was home with his feet up and I was making dinner.
He said, "what's this you have on the DVR"
Oh, just something from QVC that I wanted to see.
He asked what it was.
Well, it's just steals and deals for the day.
That made him laugh.
He said, "Oh my God you've gone to the other side on me Margaret. You are now recording QVC."
I get it, I really do. I always thought it was an old lady thing too.
Now I find myself even looking at that channel in my guide to see if its anything I'd like. But hey, now I'm an old lady I guess.
He is laughing, heartily I might add.
I responded with, "I'm not making you watch it so don't be an ass"
Oh, I'm gonna watch it to see these great steals and deals.
I know he's making fun of me but I am curious now to see what he says about the HALO Bolt yet again. So he clicks the icon to watch.
He watches 3-5 minutes of this and pauses it and says to me, "We need this Margaret. We need at least 3 of them"
Wait just a minute mister, you said, hmm....pftt....argh...mmmm when I showed it to you last year. You acted like it was stupid.
I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention.
Or paying any attention at all. God, do you see why you frustrate me?
He turns back to the TV and finishes watching the piece on this product.
When they went to another item he turned it off.
Seriously, Margaret, I think we need to get at least 2 of them.
They are on sale and we can do 5 easy payments.
Now it's my turn to laugh at this ass in my great room.
So it went from stupid, to it must not be important if Margaret wants me to watch it so I will pay only half attention at best to, OMG, we must have these.
I told him I'd place an order but we aren't buying 3 right now. Business is slower in Jan.& Feb so not right now. I also told him that he had to say that he liked QVC and admit to watching it or I'm not buying.
He is laughing and refuses to say it. I said well then the 2 I order will be in my car and my boat. You're stranded and on your own.
"You would really be that mean, wouldn't you? Mean as a snake woman!"
"Wanna find out?"
"Fine. I love QVC and you were right. Are you happy now?"
"Yes, Rick I am."
Since this happened he has now done youtube video reviews on the Halo Bolt (compact.)
He is convinced we need this. I just shake my head.
I am always right, sometimes less right, but never wrong.
He's a damn slow learner that old fool.
11 comments:
I found some good and bad reviews of the bolt online. Did you actually get one? Does it work? As in, did you start a dead car with it?
Mike, I have not received it yet. I will keep you posted. It's the compact model. It has everything the big one has except the regular outlet. Since we have been stranded on boat, truck and car I am hoping this will help. I got it for a lot less than normal so I had to try.
Looks like you have converted Rick. We really will need a review on the bolt when you get it. I haven't ever watched and now I'm a bit afraid to. Fortunately I didn't add it to my list of channels.
Patti - oh he's not a complete convert...yet.
I think it is a good call not to add it to your list. :-)
I will review after I get this thing.
Zoo, so good to hear. We've been out on the boat in the middle of nowhere and needed to wait 2 hrs for someone to get to us. This way we won't have to. And once I left my lights on and I was in an area at night that wasn't great. I sat there far too long waiting for some help and even then these guys were a bit "iffy" so knowing I don't have to do that anymore is also comforting. But all the other uses as well, cell phone, power outage.
Now I understand the purging. You’re making room for QVC products.
Linda, LOL. I wish. these are for your car. so wont take up any room in my house thank goodness. The purging is to move and our new carpets, that got a fire under our butts
We have this big backup A/C unit that also charges car batteries. Husband found it as he's the one we have to worry about making spontaneous purchases from TV! I guess that's makes me the old fart?
Abby - never!!
Dadgummit, I had to go to YouTube and look it up. I think I need one too. I almost bought something similar a long time ago but it was like the first or second version and not so fancy. I definitely think we need these in our car if nothing else. I have only had a few dead batteries in my life but it was awful. Maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list.
Well, I am going to have to see what this is just for giggles.
Post a Comment