Monday, June 29, 2020

Massages

Mondays are horribly busy here in the office.
This Monday was not. Hmm...that's weird. I don't often post on Mondays for that reason unless it was written days before. 

The company that hosts (go daddy) our website also provides us with a few other things that come up for renewal from time to time. We have our company credit card on file and things automatically renew. I will normally receive an email telling me that things are set to renew or this or that will be suspended if not renewed etc. I ignore them because all products we have with them are on auto-renewal. Never been an issue...UNTIL Monday.

You see we had fraud on that card. I thought I called everyone and had the cards changed but apparently, I did not. Oh, I don't wish to tell Ricky about this blonde moment. I am telling you I have COVID brain.
So I saw the suspension if not renewed but ignored it because as I stated above this is what they send until it is renewed via our card on file.

I come to work and see our website is down. Holy Shit!
I call them and am on hold for 40 minutes. I went into my account and changed the card but it wouldn't take it.  So I sat on hold.
When someone named Bradley finally got on the phone I explained what I was in a full panic mode about and he said I see you made the changes let me put them through. Viola, website back up. He was laughing because I was so panicked. But that site is our lifeline sadly. I am glad they got it fixed quickly.
He thought he was calming me by telling me it happens all the time. It didn't work.

He wanted me to renew this for 7 years. I said no if I am doing this in 7 years please shoot me. 
He just laughed and probably thought I was a real weirdo.
Which is correct I am, but not about leaving the working world and retiring.
Although neither Rick nor I will ever not work. We just aren't those kinds of people, I so wish we were.

Speaking of doing nothing I did just that on Saturday. Oh, I did some laundry and some plantings on the patio and piddly things like that.
I am in a detox of sorts by my doctor well not my doctor. My doctor sent me to a specialist to get to the bottom of an issue I've had for over 35 years. It can be debilitating. So I am taking a bucket load of stuff and I am having symptoms pretty bad. It just magnifies all the issues I have and they are all fighting this medication and making me a bit sick. Nauseous and just flu-like. I feel like my body has been beaten up I am sore from head to toe.  My shoulders and lower back are so tight they hurt. I have been trying these things I do along with on youtube but it wasn't helping. So my dear hubby said he'd give me a massage since I can't go to the lady I go to for massages during this pandemic.

I said, "for real? You'll give me a message? You can never massage me, it is two minutes and then it leads to sex? Just a massage? Really?
He laughed.

Rick: Yes I promise just a real good massage. You so need this. I've had massages that you have booked for me. You need this, I see it and I am going to help you.

But with the twinkle in his eye, I did not believe him. 
Or with that laugh that would accompany him saying, No I promise a real honest to goodness massage.  I said yes to the massage but in all honestly never believed it would take place as he was saying this.

Later in the day, I asked, "Is there something, anything, you wish to tell me?"
Rick: MARGARET I AM JUST BEING NICE AND WISH TO GIVE YOU A MASSAGE. JUST SAY THANK YOU!  NO ULTERIOR MOTIVES. I PROMISE.

Me: Okay, thank you!  But I was still suspect, I hate to admit it. 
Never in 33 years have I gotten a massage that was more than a couple of minutes seconds on my shoulders and next thing you know my bra is off along with the rest of my clothes. I know his M.O.

Later that afternoon he called me from upstairs. He had laid out a beach towel on our bed. He made this awesome headrest so I could be faced down and breathe from an enormous bath towel. (size of beach towel)   I saw the candles and I saw the oil, the drapes closed and soft music just like at the masseuse and I thought, he is really going to do this!

I recall a few minutes of the massage, I recall turning over. I recall how much I needed this and if felt so damn good. 
Out of the hour-long massage, I think I was awake for 15 minutes of it.
I recall waking up 3 hours later, still lying on the bed where I was massaged.

I got dressed and ran downstairs and he said, "good nap?" and laughed of course.
OMG yes! That was awesome. I thanked him and kissed him repeatedly.
Then he said, "Margaret there is something I want to tell you."

Damn it. I knew it!
I snapped my body around to face him so quickly that he began to laugh.
Rick says just like the commercial, "just kiddin' Mare". 
There was no bad news.
I swore if there was no sex there was something bad that he needed to tell me.
But apparently, he was just being a great guy.
I Love it when that happens!

15 comments:

Julie H said...

Awww love it!! I love the chair massage in the mall. They are all Asian guys (except occasionally a woman) and they beat the crap out of me. I swear nothing else works! I am sad that they are probably going to go out of business now. Our mall was dying already.

Cruisin Paul said...

Awww, what a wonderful man Rick man is. When I go into town to have my massage, there is no sex at all. LOL See ya Peg.


Cruisin Paul

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

He's a keeper!

Ami said...

Saw this on the blog of a guy I don't actually know.. but... I go‌‌t ‌‌a massag‌‌e las‌‌t week an‌‌d i‌‌t wa‌‌s th‌‌e firs‌‌t tim‌‌e ‌‌I ha‌‌d ‌‌a gu‌‌y masseuse‌‌.
S‌‌o we're like 1‌‌0 minute‌‌s in ‌‌I just had to ask‌‌, "Is getting an erection normal‌‌?"
He said, "Yes they are very common‌‌."
And ‌‌I was like‌‌, "Well can you get it out of my face?"

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, I should hope not!!

Julie. Never tried those chairs in a mall before.

Jean, most days.😉

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, omg good one!!!🤣🤣🤣😂

Mike said...

I think you will have medical schools bidding on your body when you die.

Olga said...

AWWW...Slightly jealous. Actually, lots jealous.

Arkansas Patti said...

I understand those 10 second massages from my younger days and was way impressed that Rick stayed true to course. What a guy!!!
Ami cracked me up.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, you're jealous, I'm shocked.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti,maybe that is the secret he's old now🤣
I love Ami's joke as well. Even read it Rick

Barbara said...

That is how I lost my last web site. I fiddled around and next thing I knew they wanted $95 to reconnect it. So long baby blogging boomer.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, I guess what I dont understand is why that $95 annual fee surprised you. it's a yearly fee to host your website. You weren't told when you built it? This was my error no one else's. No one's website stays up for free unfortunately, just like you're not seen online if you don't pay. It's a world of commerce online. UNFORTUNATELY.

Linda said...

You two are............WONDERFUL!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Linda, ❤