Monday, June 1, 2020

A Woman Without A President

It's been a few odd weeks for us.
I won't delve into all this shit that surrounds us because you know it all and are dealing with the same things.

The racism stuff to me is far worse than COVID-19.
This stuff rocks me to my core. 
I can't sleep and I can't think about much else.

Mango Mussolini turning out the lights and going into the bunker was the last straw.  He throws the gas on the fire, fans the fire and then runs.
What a man, what a great leader  - he goes and hides. 
I wonder if General Patton ever retreated like that? 

I am a woman without a president.
😭

14 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I can't believe there are still people who support the fake president who occupies the White House. I am heart-broken.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I am with you Jean. Can you imagine if Bush did that during 9/11?

Cruisin Paul said...

I feel so sorry for all my American friends. The president, I won't say your president because what he's doing is so pathetic it scares me as a Canadian. My cousin ( RIP ) was a Democrat but he felt as a true American whether the president was Democrat or Republican. I wonder how he would feel if he was still alive. You all must be heart - broken.

Cruisn Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, we areπŸ˜ͺ😭😭

Brian said...

We are a Country without a president.

I like that Mango Mussolini title too. Glad I'm not a fan of mangoes.

I get the protests. This racial profiling has gone on for far too long and nothing real has been done to stop it. But the riots & looting are accomplishing what, exactly? They seem to be reinforcing the racial profiling instead.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian, to quote the great MLK,
'Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love... Our aim must never be to defeat or humiliate the white man, but to win his friendship and understanding."

Mike said...

Snopes didn't even bother putting a true or false logo on this. I guess they assume everyone knows all the crap about tRUMP is true.
https://www.snopes.com/ap/2020/05/31/president-trump-rushed-to-underground-bunker/

Arkansas Patti said...

Me too. Just when we think he surely can't do anything worse--he does. If there is hope, some of the people I know were Trumpers are also shaking their heads.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, it only helps if they remember this at the polls.

Olga said...

His lack of leadership is a constant shock, but what I don't understand is how the people around him continue to enable his reign of hate and division. He is a very damaged, broken individual who should not be in the position he is in.

Mary said...

I am convinced somewhere in evolution there was a branching off and these trump supporter types, conspiracy theory nuts and the racists and xenophobia types are truly wired differently than the rest of us. There can be no other explanation. It would be impossible to review trumps lies (19,000+), his bullying behavior, name calling, cowardness, his lack of language and speaking capabilities, his inability to ever take any responsibility, his insidious rudeness etc. and still support this kind of human being. Impossible.,

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Amen Mary!

Bohemian said...

We are ALL without Leadership and the World is watching the spectacle unfold of the unraveling of America! Of the continued injustices and Racism against American Citizens not being represented or equally protected under our Laws. Of a Country completely incapable of Dealing with a Pandemic as effectively as other 1st World Countries or even some 3rd World Countries! Of eminent Economic collapse as unrest spreads as fast as the Virus will spread now... because we are a Country without a Leader! Can't they move November up, I Pray everyone Outraged Votes!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bohemian, I wish for the same damn thing!!