Well, I did not leave.
I heard everyone's input and made plans for this Friday.
My mom was so adamant about me waiting.
I don't wish to wait 2 weeks so I will be heading north Friday at some point.
Hate this drive alone.
In the meantime.
It's warm, spring is now officially here.
My back yard has tulips galore.
I have some in the bathroom, kitchen, dining room and my bedroom.
I just love having flowers around.
Here are a couple (powder room and kitchen)
I have a lot more colors to pick after today's heat wave. It is currently 81.
So that kind of heat burst really made them sprout up.
Friday since I didn't go to my parents I went to the doctor's office where I had an appointment.
It is such a long convoluted story so I will try for as brief as possible.
I was to have an EKG.
I made an appointment after getting my referral.
I get there, they say they have no referral. Without it I will have to pay full price for the EKG and for the doctor's appointment ($350 for dr appt she did not tell me the cost of EKG but I wasn't paying it)
I had them call the Dr's who sent the referral. They said it was sent on this day from another location. They show it sent though. They get the number to call the other office. They are now closed for the weekend.
They tell me to reschedule once I get the referral.
I say, can I make the appointment now while I'm here.
Nope, only if you have a referral will we make the appointment.
I said, well then it's obvious you got the referral if you made today's appointment.
So maybe we need to look for this again. Could it be here attached to another file? Since you wouldn't have made this without the referral it must be here, somewhere.
She got real snippy, stood up and said to come back when I have the referral.
I left there and had a major meltdown in my car.
I was so pissed and all the other shit going on in life just made me cry.
I came home so ticked off and I had to respond to some voicemails.
I did it and then walked away from everything. I was just livid!!!
Not a great way to end a shitty week. Screw this EKG.
I don't need it. The medication for my thyroid was too high.
Now that it has been lowered I am fine. So screw this I am not going back.
Boy not around for a week and I write a testy blog post. Sorry.
Someone sent me this the other day. It is all kinds of wrong.
Why it hit my funny bone I don't know. But it did.
Now I don't find it so funny, cute, but the other day while I was sitting under a pile of doo-doo it made me laugh. Perhaps you will giggle too.



21 comments:
Bless you. I hate the difficulty we have with doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies these days.
PS. Your tulips are gorgeous. I'm jealous. I
Barbara, agreed re:drs and all medical establishments and people. Thx I am loving my flowers.My hyacinths are gorgeous but I can't bring them in. They really make Rick's allergies go crazy. So if he makes me mad, I guess I could bring them in...ha ha1😉
Maybe not to anyone else, but I have an inkling of what happened. They did indeed receive the referral. But the ding bat you talked to didn't feel like looking for it. She was annoyed because you weren't giving up without a fight. Maybe she had a terrible day and didn't wish to help people anymore. All she could think of was going home. Doesn't excuse her terrible behavior. These are the worst people to put in charge, because they just don't have any empathy. All they want to do it put in their hours, follow all the rules, and get the hell out.
It's more common these days to experience this kind of nonsense. And that is why I recently advised our departing co-worker to treat everyone the way you would like your Mom or Dad to be treated. Because you never know what challenges that person is facing. To look at it as a challenge not to judge or be annoyed (because it's 10 min to 5, and you just want to go home too).
I've had my go-rounds with the cardiologists too...
they put you through every type of bureaucratic torture and run-around, and then go, "Hey, your blood pressure is a little high.'
Like, "Yeah, no shit, thanks to you! I'm surprised it didn't blow the cuff off"
It's- it was 3:30 but still you hit the nail on the head!!
Bluzdude, exactly! Instead of exploding I sat on my car had cried like a fool. Bad week.
Love how you used logic to best the receptionist that the EKG office. She knew she was in the wrong and didn't want to admit it by looking deeper.
Bawling your eyes out in the car was just what you needed to do to release some of the pressure on your shoulders. You keep doing what you need to do to take care of you!
Love your tulips!
"...then it's obvious you got the referral..."
You hit her upside the head with logic you ol' meany you.
Being an Air Force Vet, I can tell you some serious horror stories about doctor and hospital visits, so I totally feel your pain and frustration. It seems customer service just isn't important these days. I'm glad your thyroid medicine has been regulated, and hope that continues to make a difference. Call my sense of humor warped, but I can't stop giggling at that meme.(lol) Hang in there and know that we all care! Hugs...RO
Aww honey. That is a major sucky day anc week. I’m so sorry.
What a pain in the butt! I get that people get frustrated and have to do their job but they really need to focus on why they are employed which is the patients! Send these people for "people skills" training! UGH! So sorry you head to deal with that crap on top of everything else you are dealing with! Safe travels to see your Mom! HUGS
Ro, I too think its funny, but the other day I went hysterical. I think I needed the release - the laughter. :-)
Ann, I'll wave as I drive through your area on the turnpike. Then I get off on I-79 and I'm almost there. Look for my waves. :-)
omg, was this all a ruse by the heart doctor's to give you a covert stress test?? I love that you pointed out that, since you had an appointment, they clearly had a referral from you. Geeeeeeez.
Your tulips are gorgeous. Save travels.
Abby, that's a good one. I'm sure I flunked the stress test. Lot of good it did me to point it out to her since it only made her dig in her heels. 😏 I just keep repeating, this too shall pass
Margaret (Peggy or Peg too)...my heart goes out to you. One of life's cruelest...having a parent or child so very close to being gone. And isn't it the truth? That you wonder why other stuff piles on when you're in so much distress. I'm dealing right now w/ hubby winding up twice April 4th riding in the ambulance to the hosp after falling down the cellar stairs hitting his head and cutting his leg. Back home Monday, 4/8 and gone again in an ambulance yesterday. I'm at the short end of my leash & want to scream at some of the idiocy in the medical world. It snowed mixed w/ sleet all day yesterday. Waiting to hear if I will pick him up tomorrow. He's now come down w/ the flu. Hang in there. I'm w/ you all the way. You have great support here from your readers. Good to cry and release all that pent up emotion. Keep enjoying your gorgeous tulips. I'm envious.
Oh, Regina, I am so sorry you and your husband are going through all of this. Why all the falls? Something causing him to fall? Like light-headed or something? Then I am sure he got a concussion and they want to monitor him. Now the flu. Geez, when it rains it pours as my Grandmother used to say.
Hey, write and let it out - go ahead and vent. We are all here for you! Sending you warm hugs and good thoughts!!
Thanks a bunch but I'm honestly okay. I started wearing a rubber band around my wrist & if I feel a tiny bit down I snap it....just as I've seen it used somewhere to kick a habit. I'm just pooped but I think if he stays one more night I can rest much better than being awake wondering who will plow my driveway & do my front path. That's the part about aging I really hate...can't do what I used to. So frustrating! He's doing fine in good spirits & good nursing care. He's been going through some changes for quite a while & was even tested for Alzheimer's, etc. but nothing shows up. He will be 84 this Sept. Time for him to realize he's not in college any longer. Ha! Ha! Stubborn w/ a capital "S." Back atcha w/ hugs & positive thoughts.
Regina, I get it. I am not 84 but 21 years younger and that makes a helluva difference. But I too am slowing down a bit. I notice little things now. I also have a stubborn hubby at age 64 who still thinks he is 35 and invincible. I understand your dilemma. The snow is also the reason we are planning on moving further south come retirement. I hate the south, but going kicking and screaming. This Yankee is always treated poorly in the south and I'm not looking forward to it but it is what it is I suppose.
Margaret - back to you today, April 10th. I can relate to your dragging your feet having to go further south. My father lived in FL forever. I moved down w/ husband #1 due to his having to be in a warm climate & came back up to New England. Arrived w/ tears in my eyes & so grateful to be back "home." Loved the northwest coast. But, everywhere now it seems the west coast has those huge fires - down south the hurricanes - & the central part, all that flooding. Crazy global warming. My heart goes out to you dreading going south. Ouch!!! Wish you the best of everything with your plans come retirement. Hugs.
Regina, the pacific northwest is beautiful but I will never ever live there again. Although if a gun to my head and it was that or the south.....oh it's a toss up but I think the pacific northwest. I love the east and New England. But we have to make a compromise. But my God you have no idea how strong I dislike the south. I know when I retire and I"m in the south I will cry. If I could win the lottery I can stay put. But that's unlikely damn it!
LOL I love how you told her she must have had it since you had the appt. Stupid people.
Post a Comment