Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Vacation countdown

I wrote something yesterday and deleted it.
I just didn't want that energy out there.

This week is only 2 days in and boy people are awful.
And I have no email. 
Which in and of itself is a nightmare. But that story gets me riled up so we'll skip that today. Let's talk about a funny thing that went on today.

A man named Sam called a month ago and we are doing a very small project at his home tomorrow. 
He was a big flirt when we spoke. Then he wrote an email telling me I should be in radio because I have a great voice. 

As you may or may not know I wrote about this years ago and I was told in high school when I wanted to be a DJ that women can't because no man would ever listen to us because we drone.  You can read the link here. It explains it all. Yes, it explains what a weirdo I was as a kid and hell I still am, who am I kidding? 😅

So you can see after reading the above how funny it is to me to constantly be told I give good phone as I like to say, and that my voice is pleasant.

But, back to ole Sam. 
Sam is working with a company that does only grout work. They are very very good and we recommend them all day long. I have spoken to the guys there many times but I have yet to meet them.

Sam was given our name by this grout company and told to call Peggy. 
She will be able to help you and schedule you. 
Sam found a reason to call me many times over the last month.
Only the first call was necessary.

As I do daily I call everyone that is on the calendar for the following day. I call them to remind them we are coming, to be sure their schedule hasn't changed and if they need any help with what they are expected to do before we arrive. 

I really did not wish to call Sam. I know what a big flirt he is and while it is fun to banter with him, I have a busy day. So I emailed Sam.
Sam read the email and called me. 
Oh brother. Too bad caller ID showed his gov't office and not his name.

He had no questions just wanted to chat. 
Oh for the love of God I don't have time for this.
I tell him if he doesn't have any questions we will just see him tomorrow.
I tell him I'm very busy.

But no, he told me he asked George, the man from the grout company if he had met me. George has not. 
I said to Sam," have you ever seen those movies where the sex phone operator sounds all sexy on the phone but to see her she is hideous, huge, homely, warts on her crooked nose? That's me Sam. 

He just laughed. He didn't believe me. I tried. Then I think should I tell him how damn old I am maybe that will help?  But then I remembered we discussed that once before. Damn it.

Finally, I had to tell him that I was flattered but this is a work environment so Rick will be there tomorrow at 12pm and he will call when he is heading your way.

He wouldn't get off the phone. Right then someone helped me by calling my cell phone. I had no plans on picking it up but thought I'd use it. I said, "Oh there is the other line I have to go. We'll see you tomorrow"

Oh, my goodness. While that is flattering, it's stupid.  
Rick called me after he left his 1st job and I told him about this and he laughs.
He said, "hey if you can make more money go for it."
Gee thanks, Rick. What I have always wanted to do.
He laughed and asked if I wanted him to say anything.
Oh no, since no one knows I am the owner and think I am your office manager let it go. But I bet he says something to you. 

Rick said he probably will say something. Oh to be a fly on that wall right?

Moral of the story really is this was the only nice person I have spoken to on the phone in the last week and he's annoying. Can't win I guess.

23 more days until vacation. 

17 comments:

bikinfool.wordpress.com said...

If EVER there was a time to have one of those little spy cams, this would be it. It would be great to be able to see the look on Sam's face when Rick clues him in to your true identity!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian, it would be but we will never ever tell them I am the other owner, his wife. But maybe my last week here. Hell, my last week here I'll be telling most to F-off. :-)

Mike said...

I can start calling you everyday. Several times a day. You know, just to cheer you up. I've got the time.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Have you tried telling him you are flattered but very happily married so let's get back to business? But you made me laugh at him being the only nice person you spoke to all week and he annoyed you. Isn't that just the way. I'm dying to hear what Rick says about the guy, if his banner lives up to HIS looks and personality.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, yep, you've got the time. :-)

Jean, oh yes, did that, and he knows. He is married too. He knows I am probably 15-20yrs yrs older. His wife is the person Rick will be meeting tomorrow. I asked for a number for his wife in case Rick was running early or late to let her know and he said to call him and he'll contact her.
Oh brother. So I will be sure Rick calls him. :-)

Toni said...

So, try to imagine that he isn't actually married. He's a cross-dresser so Rick will actually be meeting him tomorrow in drag and he's looking good and flirts with Rick, tells him he's got a sexy voice! Then Rick can't do the job because Sam-antha keeps jabbering away.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Toni, now you have a good imagination woman!

Olga said...

People.

Julie H said...

LMAO too funny. Just tell him he has to get in line and the guy in the front is a big one ;)

LL Cool Joe said...

Tell him you're gay, that should shut him up.

Looks like we may going on vacation at a similar time.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, good one !!! hope you are far from these fires.

LL, never even occured to me, but i may keep that in the back of my mind for future use. ☺

Abby said...

Good phone, eh? So... what are you wearing?
That's funny but smart that the customers don't know of your and Rick's "real" relationship. Keep 'em guessing!
I want to be a fly on that wall.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby you caught that. :-)
My first day of "helping" Rick I was asked if I was his wife. It was said with such a tone that I felt I had to say no, so I did and she said, "good" So I use my maiden name here and refer to him as my boss. A hoot eh?

Linda d said...

That man of yours never ceases to make me laugh out loud. Lord, I wish we lived closer.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Linda - Linda, yes he makes me belly laugh daily. saves our marriage, can't be mad when I'm laughing. may be going to southern California in January. not certain yet. if so we should at the very least meet

Julie H said...

The fires are a ways away but all the smoke is just hanging out here in the valley.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, I can't fathom fires. I'll take that damn snow.