Thursday, August 30, 2018

Notes

Sometimes something funny happens around these parts and I write them down on my phone app that looks like a tablet. 
If we are laughing in the evening and I grab my phone Rick will say, "this is going to be blog fodder isn't it?" 
Yep!  He knows I write about it, but he doesn't read my blog. 

Once when out with some others I grabbed my phone and under the table wrote what this crazy lady said so I would get the line correctly and not forget. Rick knew what I was doing. No one asked because people are always looking at their phones. Later on the way home, Rick said, "you wanted to get down what L said so you could write about it didn't you?" 
I said yes I did that. I thought he was going to tell me how awful I was but instead, he said, "good because no one would believe that shit."

So this weekend something funny happened and he said, "What? you aren't writing this down? Not making me repeat what I said?" 
Nope, this is not blog fodder, this would offend. This is just for we sickos.  
He laughed and said I think that is a good call.

Someone asked once how I remember all this stuff. I couldn't if I didn't write it down most times.  I will usually write it down when it's happening or shortly thereafter. Yes, I have a sickness like that. 

So imagine how this situation bugged us.
Rick made me laugh so hard that I lost my beverage.
It was like how in grade school your milk went everywhere.
He and I laughed so hard my belly hurt.
The next day neither of us could remember what the hell was so funny.
So, we laughed.

I told this to a former co-worker named Joe. He laughed and said, "Hell Paula and I do that all the time. The worst was 30 minutes later we couldn't remember what the hell was so funny."  Well that made me feel a bit better....slightly. But we are roughly the same age.

Welcome to being old.
Every day is a new day even if it's not. 
😍

---------------------------------
Yesterday Rick sent me this picture of something he found funny as he was driving. I could only see that it said Free Range Cock and I couldn't imagine what that could be. Figures he'd find this sign.
But as I looked closer it actually says Free Range Cocktails.
Don't know what the hell that could be either. Any guesses?


7 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I try to write brief notes about things I know are blog worthy as they happen, too. I have a tiny notebook that is easy to hide in the palm of my hand that I use when I'm with others.

Free range cocktails? I'm guessing they are infusions drinks made in big quantities and marinated.

You and Rick will live a long time. Laughter is great medicine.

Linda d said...

I am dying to know what was so funny that you COULDN'T share.

Ami said...

When my grandmother was diagnosed with dementia and moved into a care home, she still had her sense of humor. She told me that she could make new friends EVERY SINGLE DAY because they'd all be new to her. And that she'd be able to hide her own easter eggs.

I miss my grandmother.

Mike said...

I tried to free range once and almost go arrested.

Annsterw said...

I have no clue what that would be! But the sign the way he sent it hilarious! Please tell us the one you can't tell us!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, from your mouth to God's ears about living long.

Linda - Oh I know you all would but it's dirty and between us. Something has to stay between us. :-)

Ann - OMG that is so sweet. I love your grandmother!!

Mike - :-)

Ann - no can do. If I were dying perhaps. but it's between my Big Guy and me. You get all the rest of my emotions, feelings, rantings and personal life. I have to keep something. I will tell you it was funny as hell and we will remember this well into our later years.

Abby said...

Hmm... maybe I need to start writing things down. And now I'm wondering if the thing about L you were writing down had to do with getting nekkid in a hot tub.

Or maybe it was the free range cock that reminded me.