Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Hump Day

Rick was bemoaning the fact that soon the traffic will be back.
I told him to stop worrying about what is coming.
Just enjoy today while traffic is light.

August around these parts is mostly just tourists. Everyone including congress is on vacation. That makes traffic super around these parts. 
(also makes business slower) 
Well, allow me to rephrase that. "Super"  traffic to us would probably mean traffic to most of you.
But what normally takes 90 minutes (14-mile drive) is now only 60 minutes.
Rick loves this. Yesterday it took him 45 minutes and he was giddy. 
That makes a happy man walk in the door and for me that ain't bad.

I found this old pic of The Big Guy.
I like this picture of him. It was from 3 yrs ago.
Screw the doctor and his belly, I love my pot-bellied stallion.
😍

A few posts ago I wrote about what I had to go through to be able to do work for a man who lives in this condo in Reston VA. We actually do that job this Thursday. Because I am a nosey sort, I looked this place up on Zillow this morning. 

Now I find Zillow to always be lower in estimate than what it actually sells for but I figured this would at least give me an idea.
He bought the place for $1,143,941 in 2010. 
It is currently estimated at $1, 210,728.
Didn't increase a lot to me in 8 years. But again it will probably sell more than what Zillow states anyway. I was just trying to see if there were photos because I really wanted to see this place and why the office staff is so damn snarky and a pain in the ass.  BTW, the square footage is 2111. So it's only 200 sq feet smaller than my place. I think that is a good size condo but not worth over a million dollars to me.

So to continue on my nosey trek I looked up other condos in this complex.
One for sale had photos. It is selling for 1.3. 
It's nice enough. But I just can't imagine living in a high rise. 
The kitchen was very small as well. Would I feel like it's home or a hotel? 
I wonder about the silliest things I know.
Can you tell it has slowed down here? I have the time to do such things.

It was slow enough for me to see Rod Stewart this morning on television.
He is 73 and damn he still looks and sounds great.

Would love to see he and Cyndy Lauper in concert. (yes they are touring this summer together, she opens)
I will leave you with one of my faves of ole Rod.




20 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

The prices for condos in your area are mind-blowing compared to around here. I couldn't do the high-rises either but there are very few around here. I could do with a small kitchen but what I find hard to adjust to is the lack of windows in condos. We have freestanding condos here---just like houses but with smaller yards---and they are wonderful but it was a place like that wanted to interview Levi before allowing me to put in an offer AND their pet rules didn't allow you to have birds, of all things. I asked, "Is this a mistake and you mean you can't feed birds outside?" That I could understand but no mistake. No birds inside!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

P.S. Rick is a handsome dude.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, everything around here as far as realty is outrageous.
I couldn't live where they have to interview my pet either. Did they say why? If you have your own yard it would not be like it would be lose and biting everyone or some such thing.Hmmm.....
And thanks that was Rick at age 60. He thinks because he is old now he is no longer good looking. Idiot. :-) I don't care about any of it, I like him inside.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Evidently, five people on the condo board has to approve your dog. They had yards but a no fence rule and a rule about no dog chains/ropes at your back door. But they had a beautiful walking path. I still love that condo community, but what worried me is what happens when the board changes and someone decides down the road decides they didn't like your dog. Way too much control. I've got an appointment on Saturday at a manufactured home park with a breed restriction but not weight restriction and the township has a leash law so I could live with that just fine.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, I think you were right in moving on. That place is too controlling for someone as independent as yourself. Besides as you said, people could change and then you may have a real big issue added to their list. No thanks. Somewhere that takes care of your snow for you :-) That elbow/arm will not like shoveling.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

That shoveling is a huge concern. I'll be okay for a couple of years as the neighbor kids are getting old enough to hire and their parents already snow blow along the street for me.

Mike said...

14 miles in 90 minutes? That's averaging about 9 miles an hour. Does he take naps along the way?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - no, but he says he watches women in the cars below. (he sits up high in his van) He tells me some pretty funny stories. He also listens to Sirius radio. I think he also curses a lot. :-)

Olga said...

What pot belly? Geez, if you don't have a bit of a pot by the time you hit 50, you just are not enjoying life enough!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, oh it's there. But as he says, he's earned it. I'll tell him to wear that jacket at the drs next time. 😀

Cruisin Paul said...

It seems that everyone is in the same quandry. As I wrote to Jean earlier, we are also interested in moving but it's difficult. I wouldn't mind a high rise or a condo but the prices are so high in Canada but some day we will have to move. I just want to move as soon as I can.

Cruisin Paul

Toni said...

Handsome Honey you got there!

I can't imagine paying a million dollars to share a wall or two with strangers. Incredible.

RO said...

Your pot bellied stallion is definitely a keeper, and I'm glad the two of you are able to laugh so much together after all those years. Truly the stuff of a romance novel in the making. I used to have to carpool from Baltimore to DC for 3 years, and it was always interesting for sure. Occasionally we were adventurous and took the train. My brother lives in DC and says he doesn't mind the traffic, which I think is crazy. (lol) You guys are just the best for sending me such a tasty treat that I practically gobbled up yesterday. I think you need to be selling that yummy pepper jelly, and I thank you so much for the birthday gift! Happy Thursday and HUGE Hugs...RO

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ro, a commute in a carpool no less from BWI to DC to me would be horrific. The carpool part especially. God Love you. Hope you had a great birthday!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul I think that is the "baby boomer quandry"

Toni, I feel the same way about living on top of one another and paying that kind of money. I wish I had the problem to deal with though. :-)

Abby said...

I've heard how bad traffic is in your neck of the woods. Kudos for keeping your sanity. Ours is about to get better with the lull between summer break and ski season, darn tourists (Just kidding, Texas! Thanks for the revenue!). And I would not pay that much for a condo, wow.

Rick is a fine looking man. I can say that even though, in the only other pic I've seen of him, he had a dildo strapped to his forehead.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Abby how you make me laugh! Yes but he looked fine with a dildo on his head, ah to be young. :-)

Toni said...

It would be a great problem to have. I'd sell it and buy something good!

Julie H said...

I'd go to that concert with you! Love Cyndi Lauper.

Housing is so ridiculous. You guys have the same as like living in San Francisco. People moved to where we live and drove up the prices and everyone commutes "over the hill".

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, okay let's go. I know I'd have a good time with you.
Housing is ridiculous around these parts. Hence why we will probably move when retirement rolls around. I hate my options but it is what it is.