This Oscars was no different.
To paint the picture in my living rooms was Rick in his chair on his laptop typing away, Izzy in her bed snoring, Peg on the sofa watching TV.
I tend to talk out loud even though he is paying absolutely no attention to the TV screen or me.
I saw this -
I said out loud, what the hell is with the bow above her privates?
Rick without missing a beat said, "She put a bow on her box."
Of course, that made me laugh and look over at him and he is typing on his laptop. Not even looking at this show he made the best laugh of the night.
Although there were many more.
This dress didn't get any love but I thought she looked great.
Hair, jewelry and dress color.

I felt there were a lot of misses and I can't even post them. Selma Hayek always looks great but not this year. Oh my her outfit, hair etc was awful to me. I can't even post a photo of her it was that bad to me.
Then we saw Margot Robbie. Rick asked what happened to her boobs.

But here is my question. I first saw Margot Robbie in The Wolf of Wall Street.
I remember her being a bit more busty and curvy in that movie. My husband says I am correct. Apparently, her scantily clad body is all he really remembers of this movie. He even mentioned her underwear from the movie. He remembers this but if I ask him what I had on yesterday he wouldn't have a clue. But then I don't look like her either. So I sort of get it.
I was shocked to see Margot Robbie looking so thin. I did not want to see I.Tonya so I guess I would have seen that change if I had seen the movie.
I assume Hollywood got to her.
I am not a big fan of the dress either, however, she is the number 1 choice I read for best dressed. She is gorgeous, no doubt about it. But, I find the draping of the arm fabric being thin looks more like her straps have fallen. I think it would have looked better not there or thicker. But what do I know, I am not a designer. Those would have bothered me all night. I would want to pull them up. I'm a hick I suppose.
I also watched Lady Bird this past weekend. I did not think it was all that. I found the mom to be so dreadful and almost difficult to watch her. The teen angst was typical and the directing so disjointed. I really think if a movie gets 4 stars I never like it. I also saw on PPV the movie with Frances McDermond called Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Now I am not sure I want to rent it since they raved about Lady Bird and I found it not worth my time. Do I really want that to happen a second time? Anyone love that movie (3 billboards...) and if so why?
What I liked most was after the Oscars. There was a new show by Alec Baldwin called Sundays with Alec Baldwin following the Oscars. He sits and talks with Jerry Seinfeld and Kate McKinnon this episode. Very Tom Snyder like without all the cigarette smoke. (if you are old enough to remember that)
I enjoyed it more than the Oscars.
Yes, I was up late. I ate so much on my birthday weekend that I felt like crap.
I was up drinking water and trying to flush my body.
I am now on a detox/diet of sorts.
It was fun and as the saying goes, It's all fun and games until your jeans don't fit.
Full on spring will be here before you know it and I have to get my ass in my favorite jeans and not have them be snug anywhere but where I want 'em snug.
12 comments:
Market's dress looks like it's got Christmas tree tirm on the top. I fell asleep half way through the show and was so mad at myself. I like the dresses too but not the one with the bow on the box. ☺
In that second picture, her boobs look really off kilter. Some kind of optical illusion from the dress design? I didn't watch the Oscars, don't think I ever have. I haven't seen any of the movies either. I am hopelessly lagging when it comes to popular culture. I will get to them eventually. Actually, I thought several of the movies sounded really interesting this year.
Olga, ha! It does look as thought it lifted her one boob higher doesn't it? Good catch.
I had the great fortune of flying back from Tennessee to Rochester that night and had to miss the Oscars. Really couldn't have worked out any better!
This weekend we'll be driving the round trip from Rochester to Chattanooga and will pass through your hometown twice. We'll be sure to wave to everyone for you!
Brian, gee thanks! :-) Safe Travels.
It's hard to beat JLo's Oscar dress from 2000.
At first glance, I like the second dress but when you look at it for more than a couple of seconds it looks like she might have sprained her boob and it's in a sling.
The Guy is the same. He rarely looks up from the Ipad or computer, unless there is guns blasting and loud explosions!
Living alone, I eat a lot of left overs. I cook something and eat it for a few days, then cook something else. I like to cook but coming up with something new every night just gets me worn out. SO where did you find this man that like to eat leftovers?
Olga, the want ads
Somehow I think all three dresses would look better without the frills, as in bow and straps.
My friend recorded it on DVR and we went over and watched it on Monday night. OMG what was up with that one girl with the turtleneck blanket dress. So horrible. Can't remember her name.
I was thinking I wanted to see Lady Bird but if you didn't like it I probably won't either lol
Julie, it wasn't horrible. I just felt is was disjointed and for a grade I'd say a C.
Post a Comment