Wednesday, March 28, 2018

It's Spring!

Rick came home last night with daffodils.
He went for a walk with Izzy and came home with a bunch of daffodils.
Of course, my mind went to a bad place.
I said, "please tell me you didn't pick these from someone's yard!"

He laughed and said no, they were on the walking path through the woods down by the pond. These were no one's flowers so I took out my pocket knife and thought I'd surprise you.  Whew! He has given me "neighbor" plants unbeknownst to me before and I worry. (I posted about that didn't I?)
  
Thursday is opening day in baseball.
I bought some shelled peanuts. 
We are ready for the game.
Rick has beer or cocktails.
I drink wine or maybe a cocktail.
It is supposed to be 70 degrees Thursday, perfect for baseball.
Sadly for my team, they are playing in Toronto, so it will still be cold.
But they have a dome so I imagine it will be played with the dome closed.
I get the need for a dome but boy I like to be in the open for a game. But again, I'm not playing, I'm watching and eating....tee hee

Rick and I went to Toronto to see a world series game once.
It was game 6 in Toronto against the Phillies. It was 1993.
We left later that year and moved to Seattle.

But we were in Erie PA at the time and it was only 3 hrs to drive to Toronto and since we got free tickets we just had to go.
Of course, we were rooting for The Toronto Blue Jays. 
But we arrived in Toronto with PA plates on our car. 
So as all these folks were handing out flyers that said their city (Toronto) we took them all and plastered them all over the inside of all the car windows after we parked our car in the lot.

Yes, it looked silly but we felt it was important to have our tires still filled with air so we could drive home after the game. Didn't want them thinking we were cheering on the opposing team.
We forgot we were in Canada and everyone would be nice to us no matter what.
Not like Philly. Bad sports fan in Philly. (sorry Philly but ya'll know it's true)
Toronto won and it was everything you could want it to be.
A home run by I believe, Gary Carter, he won the game by a walk-off home run. 
It was an awesome game to see.

So tomorrow night I will NOT be cheering on Toronto. Toronto is my favorite city in North America. I have always wanted to live there. So I just visit every chance I could get. From age 17 to today. Some of my favorite memories are from that city. I just love it. But not when they play my team so I can't root for them Thursday night.

But I'll have my peanuts and beverage. Wearing my team t-shirt and praying we have a chance to win some games this year. An exhausting 7 months and I'm just watching. 😵

Ah, it's spring and I'm happy!! 

8 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

Hey Peggy. You are a baseball fan. Fantastic! I'm a Canadian but because Im close to Detroit I've always been a fan for the Tigers, Lions, and Pistons. My father had a bunch of tickets and gave them to me. It was 1984 and I got to see the Tigers a lot and that was the year the won the World Series. When I go to the game, I have to have hot dogs for sure, peanuts and coca cola. Now it a Pizza. What going on in this world, a pizza at baseball game. Ha,ha,ha.
Have a great day my new friend. See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Baseball, daffodils and 70 degrees. It doesn't more spring than that! Enjoy your game and hope your team wins with the most touch downs. LOL

Ami said...

I know it's spring because the Forsythia is done and all green now. My daffodils are up, also the hyacinth. And I'm starting to feel like cleaning up the mess in the house. That last one is the biggest sign of spring for me.

I don't watch sports. I guess you can't even really call me an athletic supporter. Ha.

Sweet of Rick to bring you flowers. Even better to bring anonymously grown ones. ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, my hyacinths were up and then it snowed and they did not like that. Snow in March, we never have snow in March. Crazy year of weather. I've been itching to spring clean believe it or not. I don't normally get all excited about cleaning but for some reason, I am getting ready to clean some closets and move furniture and the whole thing. I must be coming down with something.

Julie H said...

It's supposed to be almost 80 on Easter. My sister in law just sent me a weather snap shot and said they weather forgot I'm having a party lol.

Mike said...

Baseball season has sprung.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, in 4 minutes. :-)

RO said...

Baseball is not my best sports thing, but I'll usually watch the World Series. Football is more my thing. It's going to be about 70 on Easter, and while I love the flowers of the season, the pollen is the pits!(lol) By the way, I forgot to mention on the other post, that I've had plenty of boyfriends who gave me flowers scooped up from other people's yards when I was a kid.(lol) I'd rather get them the regular way. Hugs...RO