Oh my, was I ever a big fat lazy old gal.
It was wonderful!!
At 5:00AM, as is the case every morning until we change the clocks, Izzy woke us up to go out. As I was getting out of bed, Rick tapped my arm and said, "Happy Birthday Babe, go back to bed."
Well, you don't have to tell me that twice.
I am not going to be a martyr and say, Oh no, I love getting up in the dark in the freezing cold nor'easter weather. No siree.
I slid right back under the covers with no problem.
Ah, but there was a problem? What problem you ask?
I couldn't fall back to sleep. I tried. I laid in bed until 5:55. Then I just said the hell with it. I got up and got showered and went downstairs to a nice warm cup of coffee made by Rick.
He got me a couple of cards. 2 dozen tulips and he spoiled me rotten.
He always gets me a very nice card and this year was no different. He also gets me a funny one. This "funny" one wasn't so funny as usual but he liked this one because it had my name on it. While he never calls me Peggy he thought this was funny and was very much like what is happening in our life.
This proves my point.
As we chatted over our coffee we talked about what I wanted to do for the day.
I kept telling him for months, nothing. I wanted a day of nothing.
Besides we're broke. I need or want for nothing.
Nothing on a to-do list, nowhere I had to be, no one I had to deal with, no phones to answer. Nothing. Just a lazy day with Rick and the dog was all I wanted.
But for some reason, he didn't think I meant it. So he made some suggestions.
I said no to everything. I just want to stay home. So I did.
It was marvelous. He made breakfast and mimosas. I am not a fan of orange juice but I love the Dole, Orange, Pineapple, Mango. So we had that kind of mimosas.
Then it was time for a walk with Izzy. We all went for the walk.
The winds have died down today to around 30mph. Far better than the 70mph the day before. I'll tell you about that another time.
We walked around the neighborhood and saw all the damage to homes, cars etc.
We came back to my phone lighting up. I got so many pictures from family. One of me as a toddler to the ugly '80's hair and clothes. They say they love me but what the hell was with these pictures? Oh I did a lot of laughing I admit.
This one from my cousin Madeline. I don't see her often enough. Her mom and my mom were sisters. After my mom died, I didn't see her as much. She found this picture recently in her mom's photo album she said. She told me she had to send it today. Cracked me up. This was in our local newspaper and God knows why. My mom is not alive to find out and my father has dementia so I will never know. But it made me laugh.
Then another cousin sent me this from the '80s. Oh lord, that dress is hideous as is the perm. Yes, that is Rick to the left in the '80s skinny tie.
This picture screams the 1980's. And our clothes and choices in the 80's were equally awful.
I got so many lovely texts, phone calls, facebook pictures and birthday wishes.
It was terrific. Okay, these pictures we could have gone without but they sure made us laugh. So since they are all over facebook I thought I'd share here too. My cousins are a hoot and I love 'em to pieces.
I am so lucky to have such a great family.
This old fart had a very nice day. (cheesecake souffle too!) 😉




12 comments:
I'm late to wish you happy birthday, but you had a wonderful day, or so it sounds. :)
Alessandra, thank you! Yes,nice day.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy birthday. Who's the hot chick with the great legs in that last picture?
Happy Birthday,Peggy. It sounds like someone threw you a 'card shower' unless you always get that much attention and photos on your birthday.
We all have pictures like that. In mine I have those huge 80's glasses. Happy Belated Birthday!
Mike, I don't know who that is you are referring to. The chubby chick with the short dress is me. :-)
Jean, yes I am always spoiled like this (I am a lucky gal) but never this many photos. I think Facebook brought them out this year.
Olga - oh I had those too!! The sides looked like they were upside down and they were huge. I wore them as reading glasses only though. I had reading glasses at age 14.
Margaret, a happy belated Birthday to you, I'm so glad you had such a good time, and I must say, those pictures are great! I especially like the photo of you and Rick, for you both look so happy together!
Lon, thank you. We are always laughing even through the stresses of life. We are weird.
Those pictures are precious. Happy Belated Birthday.
Happy Belated birthday! I kind of like the 80's fashion. Everyone was dressed and did their hair. Now people are walking around braless, dirty and barely dressed (coworker yesterday).
Julie,put in this context I would agree!!
Post a Comment