Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Rambling Peg

Anyone see Jon Bon Jovi on Stephen Colbert last night?
My goodness, it is unfair that he looks so damn good with white hair.
It sure doesn't hurt that he has a nice head of hair as well.
Damn, he still looks good!  
I know, he's too young for me, he's 6 years younger for Pete's sake. 
Oh the hell with age, it's tender vittles for me 😉 

It's been a nice week for me with my hunk-a-hunk-a burning loves on late night.
Gerard, Gerry as I call him, Butler was on Kimmel this week too.
My God he is manly. I just love me some Gerry Butler. Don't care for his movies but LOVE him. Yes, he is da bomb to me. I think it's because he is manly.  No skinny little man. I like 'em big. 
I told Rick many many, many, many years ago that I liked my diamonds big and simple, you know, like my men. 
It took him a minute, then he said - HEY!  
Gerry is not dumb, was in university to be a lawyer. But thankfully he came to America and I get to drool every time I see him. Aah, insert swoon.
_______________

I got my car back yesterday afternoon.
It looks great and it drives so much better than that rent-a-car.
Besides the rent-a-car was small and Rick was most uncomfortable in this Toyota Rav 4. 
I almost wish they had said to wait until later in the week.
You see we got snow last night. Not much but it's the same amount that occurred when the young girl hit me. I fear being hit again.
As I mentioned I have been hit 3 times in the last 3 years.
Once while getting my husband Five Guys dinner.(yes, I'm a good wife and picked up his favorite dinner)
I was sitting in my parking spot and texting Rick about what he wanted.
(I do not drive and text) So while just sitting there a woman backed up and hit me. 
Then I got hit while inside Costco. I came out to my car and saw the dented bumper. I was livid.
Then this time I have parked yet AGAIN and as I walked to my car I see the young girl hit my car.
Can you see why I am paranoid now?  Moving is easy for me, it's the friggin' parking that gets me. 
_______________
Today's positive -

Last night Izzy slept all night. It was glorious. No restlessness and waking up and wanting love and hugs. She slept from 9 to 5:30a. 
A record and let me tell you how good that felt for me. 
I got to sleep, in a recliner, but I slept.
I am not a fan of recliners, either the look or the lack of comfort.
I think as a short person they just don't fit me well. Rick loves his recliner but at 6'1.5" I think it fits him better. I can't even sit in the chair and have my feet touch the floor so not so comfortable for me. But the take away is she must be feeling even better to have slept all night and not wake from pain or discomfort. 

13 comments:

Linda d said...

Regarding 1st section......I AGREE ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Linda, with big and simple diamonds or my boyfriends? :-) or all 3?

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I'm not fond of recliners either! I thought I was alone in that. Mine is actually a life chair as well (which my disabled husband needed) and electric so I'm afraid of getting stuck in it during a power outrage. They cost so much and mine still looks great so I keep it just in case I need a life chair down the road.

You'll have to fight me for Gerald, should he ever be looking for a cougar. He is a manly man, for sure. Most of his movies don't appeal to me either. But two of my all time favorite movies are his 'P.S. I love you' and 'The Ugly Truth.' Have you ever seen the video of him apartment remodel? Ugliest, dark dungeon-like thing I've ever seen!

If we ever meet Stephen and Von Jovi I'll take Stephen and you can have Von Jovi.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, PS I love you is one of my top favorite movies. I love a good romantic comedy. He is perfection in that movie.
I have seen both that you mentioned. He is charming in them both. As I have written before all my girlfriends tell me he acts like Rick in PS I love you and that is why I swoon each time that movie is on. Perhaps that is true. But when I watch it I say, Rick who? ...tee hee

Jon Bon Jovi is on Colbert again tonigh. (it's a 3 day stint) so another day of watching the smarts and the good looking. :-)

Linda d said...

Boyfriends woman!!!!! I like your taste in men.

Olga said...

Six years younger? That's nothing.
I can understand why you may be paranoid about other drivers out to hit you! Three time in three years is crazy.

BootsandBraids said...

I agree with Olga. Six years younger is well-within the acceptable range. When I was in my 50's/60's, I didn't date anyone over 35. So long as they were "legal" was my criteria.

LL Cool Joe said...

I had to google Gerry Butler, and after I did I still didn't know who he was. :D

I get very worried when I realise that the people I find attractive end up being in their 20's. Geez makes me sound like a pervert.

Mike said...

Soon your insurance company will blame you for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and drop you.

Julie H said...

I hate the recliner but scott sleeps in it for awhile every night

Barbara said...

Recliners are not created equal. When I buy a Recliner or Sofa or any piece of furniture for seating I have to the try out many before I find the right one. I've been told by guests that the seats are uncomfortable because they are too short. Sorry visitors, but I like my feet to touch the ground. So yes, I know what you mean.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Boots - you are too funny.

Julie - recliners are ugly period!! I think it's a man thing.

Barbara- I have a beautiful club chair and it reclines. It doesn't look like a recliner. I like that one. But of course, Rick doesn't care for it except he said it is more aesthetically pleasing just not on his bum. The goof.
Besides Barbara we shorties have to stick together. I like to have my feet touch the floor instead of dangle.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

LL - I hope you googled Gerard Butler and not Gerry because I don't think he'd come up with Gerry. Gerard was in the movie 300 if you ever saw that. Most people loved that movie. Not my cup of tea.

Mike- oh my wouldn't that be something. I'm sorry Margaret we have to drop you because you can't seem to park without being hit.