We don't work on Saturdays but sometimes we need to do estimates on those days when we are busy.
I had reconfirmed all the estimates with everyone the day before.
Rick is anal retentive about being on time so I warned them.
Most of the people will laugh and they find it refreshing that a contractor comes at a time they state they will come. Most is the operative word here.
Rick arrived at his 3rd appointment on time at 10:00 AM
Someone peered out the blinds and then quickly closed them and did not answer the door. Then he rang the bell again. They peered out the of the blinds and when he saw them they quickly closed them. He went to his truck and called the person. She did not answer, he left her a voicemail. He got back out of his truck at 5 past the hour and rang the bell and knocked again. He waited and no one came to the door. He put his business card in the door and left and went on to his next appointment.
Later in the day while I was cleaning my office I saw that I had a voicemail and I saw this customers name on the caller ID that Rick said wouldn't answer the phone. Then I opened work email and saw her email saying that she saw Rick's card on her door but she was out back trimming hedges and must not have heard him with her electric hedge trimmer going. Hmm.....
First of all, if you know he is coming at 10 am would you not be using your electric tools and wait until he leaves? Then who was it that was peering out the window? It was a woman but since we don't know what she looks like we don't know that it was her I suppose. It was all so weird and something just wasn't right.
I wrote back stating that Rick was indeed there at our scheduled appointment time of 10 AM. He did see someone peering through the blinds each time he rang the bell but no one would open the door. He told me he called you and left a voicemail message as well.
She wrote back that she was out back so it must have been the wrong house. She got his voicemail and the card left in the door.
When she told me he must have been at the wrong house I played along. I asked if it is the house where the card was left. She said yes.
(I know how do you not laugh at her? it wasn't easy)
The door was next to the window where there was a person looking out at him. Gee that's odd. She wrote back, it is odd, isn't it? I'm glad I couldn't see her or I'd have laughed.
They go through a lot to lie to us. I don't get it. You didn't want the appointment then say so. Don't waste our time. Or as she wrote to me, she didn't want to "waist" Rick's time.
Rick said this place was a scary "shit hole" was his exact quote and he doesn't care if we don't do this job. It had to be bad if this is what he said because we go to and do some really horrific places. He doesn't normally comment unless it is horrific.
For example.
How do you feel clean taking a bath/shower here?
Yep, and it's not even a really bad one.

I'll leave you with this picture I saw this morning.
Who knew there were bones in bananas?
I know there's something dirty to say here but I am restraining myself.
I know there's something dirty to say here but I am restraining myself.

10 comments:
OMG that is so funny!
Yes I found the card on my door but he must of gone to the wrong house - they must of (neighbor) put it on my door. Yep that's what happened!!
ROFLMAO! It's about time they came up with boneless bananas, because I hate biting in and choking on those bones.
April, I know it's hysterical. People are crazy I tell ya.
Boots - they don't notice this when typing out the ad? Too funny.
I was still laughing about her finding the card in the door that wasn't hers when I came to the bananas. God, I about busted a gut.
Your experience here explains why I got so many (4) calls about an appointment I had with the cable company---one right after making it, one the night before the appointment, one two hours ahead of time and one when the guy was ten minutes away. The calls came with directions that I must press '1' I'll be there, '2' I need to reschedule or '3' cancel it or my appointment would be canceled.
Wow. Just WOW.
HEY! Where did you get a picture of my bathtub!?
Mike - I didn't put your name on it and now you spoiled that! At least it wasn't one of the really gross ones.
What a weirdo
I'm sure Rick sees a lot of stuff. I had a friend who was an advocate for students. They were kids with lots of problems, and usually lots of family problems. She had to do home visits. Some of the things she saw were unbelievable.
I know it's hysterical. People are crazy I tell ya.
หนังตลก
Post a Comment