Wednesday, July 19, 2017

My Summer Water

Summer is most definitely here. 
It's hotter than hell and thick humidity.
Just the way I don't like it. 😀

But the good news is that means it's time for Peggy's summer water.
Yes, I love my dry red wine but come summer I need to change it up a bit.
I need it to be lighter. So I drink dry rosé, or as we call it in my home, Peg's summer water.

There are a lot of them I enjoy. But I really like this one and it's not real expensive which makes it taste even better. I found it at Costco.
It's called Whispering Angel - Côtes De Provence Rosé.
Yesterday at lunch I ran to Costco to pick up a couple of things. While there I thought I would run over to the wine selection and pick up a couple of bottles since I haven't had wine in 2 weeks. I know! Gasp!

They only had one bottle, so of course, I grabbed it before it was gone.

I asked a woman who worked there if there were more.
She came over to the sign and showed me an asterisk by the name of the wine.  She explained that the asterick meant they were not getting more of them  - ever. YIKES.
They had a lot of Sophia Coppola's Rosé which isn't all bad but a bit on the sweeter side for my liking. She was pushing that stuff on me. No, but thank you I said, I really wanted this Whispering Angel.

Now I have seen this wine, Whispering Angel, at other places but it is more than double the cost so I prefer getting this for only $17.89 at Costco instead of $38+ elsewhere. She tells me to check at customer service on my way out to see what the story really is on this wine.

The young woman who was helping me asked me about the taste of this wine. When I described it to her she asked if I wanted to leave her the last one because it sounded better than what she just bought.
I laughed and said, "Hell no, I'm buying your last one, I'm not very nice am I?"
She laughed, "I'll come over and we can share."  
I told her I'd be happy to share but I wasn't giving it to her.  

I went to customer service after check out and asked if they were getting more. The gentleman said that the east coast would not be getting more but he looked at the surrounding stores and there was only one store near me that had 30 bottles. 
( I could drive 2 hrs south and find 300 bottles but even I'm not that desperate....yet)

When I got back to my office and got caught up with work I called that store in Leesburg VA. They said they would save me as many as I wanted. I said a case please. I mean if I can't get this for awhile I need this to last.
I knew Rick was going to be in Leesburg today so he could easily pick it up.

I am going to take this wine north on our vacation and I will also share. 
So you can relax, I won't be drinking them all by myself. Although I am tempted to and I could and I would if that wasn't bad for me. 

Rick calls me after he pays for the wine as he's heading to his next job. He tells me it is $1.00 less per bottle than it is at our Costco store. 
So that was $12.00 in savings. I like that. But why? It's 16 miles from my home and there is that much of a difference?
Do I now have to go to Leesburg to feed my wine addiction drinking habit?
So if they had 30 and I bought 12 that means they only have 18 left. 
By the time I need more they will all be gone.  
I think my next stop would need to be France where it's made. 
I have to go call my travel agent.

5 comments:

Mike said...

For some reason the middle of the country is getting slammed with heat. Saturday it's supposed to be 105 with a heat index close to 116. But Sunday a cool front. Back into the low 90's.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Well, darn it! Now I want a glass of wine and it really is too hot for me to drink. It's too hot to do anything.

alessandra said...

My boss and his wife just ordered 20 cases of sparkling white from a far away farm, they do this once or twice a year because they really like that one, so I'm not shocked by your case of rosè, just saying ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - yet same here. Looking forward to vacation or fall. Either one will do at this time of year.

Jean - Oh Jean, it is never too hot to drink a cool refreshing beverage. Otherwise yes, it is too damn hot.

Alessandra - 20 cases of sparkling wine - yipee. I'll be there. Like Prosecco or champagne right? Ooh, I love 'em both.

alessandra said...

Prosecco exactly :-)