Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thursday

I had a woman send an email telling me she wanted an estimate for her bathroom.
That was all the email said. Told me nothing. Just that "I want an estimate"
Well good for you. I want to win the lottery.

People, when writing to a contractor you can't say, I want an estimate to add a deck to my home.
Where is your home? Do I even service that city? How big do you want this deck? What material do you wish to use? Real wood or the new plastic that looks like wood that lasts forever? What things do you wish to have on this deck, do you want levels? Are we making an outdoor kitchen, do you need electricity, it goes on forever. You'd think they would figure out that someone needs information and to come out to measure before giving you a number in an email wouldn't you?

These people who write me and say, "Hey I need an estimate for my bathroom." are normally highly successful high profile type jobs, just like the goofball who wrote me this morning. Yet all the education in the world it seems mean nothing, they are idiots. They don't leave a number to call them. They just leave one sentence that no one can answer without a lot more info.

So don't any of you do that from now on okay? It's frustrating.
______________________

Last night was my yoga class.
I so wish it were a 3 nights a week because I'm sadistic.
I am so sore that sitting on the toilet is painful. TMI?
I made the mistake of laughing this morning at something Rick said and then yelped in pain. My abs, lower, middle and upper are barking. Yes, under all that chubb are abs and they are mad!

My abs, my ass and my thighs in front and back are so sore that I am having a difficult day today.
Getting out of bed at 4:45a to walk Miss Izzy was so painful. The dog was practically running down the street and I was behind her moaning in pain. Thankfully only 1 neighbor saw/heard me. Asked me if I was alright. I just grunted.  I am not a fan of all the cheerful folks at that hour. Can't we just nod and move on? I think in a polite society that should be just fine. A nod, an acknowledgment but don't make me speak before my coffee and shower.
_________________

I got a new dentist and boy am I happy about that.
The dentist I moved to last year was due to my dentist moving.
So I picked this dentist from location. Not the smartest move apparently.
She was right here in the neighborhood.
But after going a few times I was seeing things I wasn't thrilled about.
No hygienist and she cleaned my teeth but not well. She did work on Rick and he had inlays put on and they fell off.  She did them again and the same thing happened. She has no one that answers phones regularly so if you call you leave a voicemail and then in 3 days or more someone gets back to you. At first, I thought this was because it was a new office and she was young and perhaps a new dentist. I get that starting a practice is tough. But come to find out she has been doing this for 24 yrs and this isn't new. So she's just cheap and a bad dentist.

I found this new practice in the development next door to me when I googled dentist near me. They took my insurance so I thought I'd give them a try.
I called this new office and found the receptionist or office manager (Whitney)to be so pleasant and professional. So I was thrilled. I made the appointment and when I got there I was greeted by name as I walked in. How did she know? There was someone coming in behind me too. (and female!)
She walked me to the computer where I had to do all the "paperwork" about my history etc. As I was filling out the online forms I was thinking about my parents. If they were to walk into a doctors office and have to do all this on a computer instead of the clipboard and papers they wouldn't be able to do this. They fear the computer. This would put a panic in them like no other. I know my mother would call me bitching a fit that this was changed. What is this world coming to? she would ask me.

After my forms were completed I had a seat in the waiting room.
I was called back by a dental technician who did x-rays and went over why I was there. This woman was super friendly, funny, helpful and explained everything as she went along. We had a laugh about a couple of things and I thought, this is already better than the last dentist experience.

After my x-rays, she brought in the dentist who was drop dead gorgeous.
It was hard not to stare at her.
She had a tv put in front of me with the picture of the hole in my tooth and the chip off my old crown that has broken off. All the while pointing to things on the screen and telling me what they would do.
At the end, she shook my hand and escorted me out to the front desk.
Where the wonderful Whitney walked me through the charges and what my insurance pays and what will be my responsibility. She then asked if I wanted to make an appointment. I did indeed.

I came home and told Rick that I would hire Whitney if we could steal her away.
I also mentioned that since he is changing dentists he may wish to go here. They are all women. They are all gorgeous and the dentist I had would be less painful while her face is over his. He laughed and said, "looks like i found my new dentist" Nothing like going to a professional because they are drop dead gorgeous.
Need a heart surgeon? Yea, he looks like George Clooney. Has had a lot of cases die on the table, but he sure is good lookin'
Yep, I think that's about right.




9 comments:

Chris H said...

How awesome to have found a lovely new dentist. I hope your actual dental work is a good looking at the dentist! lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hi Chris! Me too. :-)

alessandra said...

See there are nice and smart people in the world, how refreshing is that? Actually I thought you were happy about your new dentist because HE was drop dead gorgeous, damn!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Alessandra - I knew everyone would ;-)

Mike said...

I may drive out to DC for some dental work!

Barbara said...

Looking at a pretty face is nice but I usually have my eyes clinched. I hate the sounds and whines at the dentists and so I scrunch my eyes to help keep the sights and sounds out. Haha. I think I need more than a dentist.

LL Cool Joe said...

Define gorgeous for me? ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

LL, cafe au lait skin tone. Light green eyes that were piercing with heavy black lashes to accent this color, long shiney black hair and a smile that just lit up her face. Seriously gorgeous. There ya go....
You're welcome😃

Marco said...

I think you learned the hard way about researching the dentist and not just choosing one for convenience. I’m willing to drive 50 miles to a qualified dentist than visit one in town that does terrible work. I researched my dentist on social media and got some good idea which to avoid and which to consider hiring.