Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Hobbies

I want a hobby....ah, no scratch that. I want time for a hobby.
My days are so busy. Nothing of which I want to be doing.

Company coming Sunday. High stress, high maintenance company coming for a damn week.  I was given lists of foods one person can't eat, a list as long as my arm of things another can't eat. I will be a short order cook it appears. (one can't eat lettuce. for real?)

Since I have celiac and have food I can't eat, I bring my own food when visiting folks so to not put anyone out or expect them to cater to me.  But gee, that is thoughtful we wouldn't want to do that.  Let's make lists and send them daily about what they and their kids can and can't eat as well as won't eat and what they would prefer for breakfast. For.Each.of.Them. Sorry, not making 5 different breakfasts. Call me a big ole bitch. Fine. I am not doing that. There will be something that all people can eat and there is always oatmeal and cereal and fruit as well. Deal with it.

In all seriousness, I do ask every time someone is coming if they have allergies to peanuts or food they can't eat for medical reasons. Because I want people to enjoy their time while visiting. But this is out of hand. I didn't get a chance to ask. I was given lists, and more lists, and then lists of wants and gee, can you buy a corn hole toss game for us too? The kids love that.

In the one guest room, I put the charger for their devices, along with wi-fi password etc. In the parents room, I put a list of things I thought they would want to see and/or take the boys to see. Their train cards, their maps and the print out of sights locally and in DC. You know your basic tourist guide.

In the kids room, I did the same with the chargers for phones and iPad as well as wifi passwords etc. 
I just don't want everyone going into my office. I don't mind them using my computer but last time they did a number with the things on my desk. Not this time. And yes, I say please don't touch items on my desk. But for some reason, that seems to be a request that is unable to be fulfilled. Even after numerous requests said politely. Perhaps that is the issue. I should try darn right straight up rude to be heard.

I bought the thingCharger.
It's really Apple based and Rick and I are Android people but it works on my phone, but nothing else or Ricks. 
This has charger tips for phone, ipads, USB etc. It is everything an Apple family needs and they can charge several things at one time on this.
The directions were also left with each room.

Now the fun begins. Cooking, baking and having what they want here.
When they leave I am taking a break from company.
You can't visit me for at least another month.
I love when nice people visit. But this is only work and stress.
Thank God for yoga tonight. Is it wine time yet? Hell, I may start doing drugs at this point. 

So if you are low maintance & don't give me 3 page lists of things you need to have. (I'm surprised I wasn't given thread count requirements) C'mon over. There is always good food, liquor and good company here.
We're actually fun when not stressed out.

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Bless you and Good Luck.

April said...

I think it's up to her to feed her family. She can do the breakfast and lunch, PERIOD. I would maybe stick with doing dinner but together. Hell is she going to tell you when they will be home for each or do you have to make all meals and just hope they will be there to eat?

I'm like you it would be so hard for me to say something! But I think I would tell her that I picked up a few items (she needs more she can go buy it) on your lists and you guys handle your own mornings and lunch. Then just let me know the days you will be here for dinner and you and I can put something together.

I would not be a cook for all meals.

Good luck!!

Mike said...

Next time we're in DC we're staying with you. What was your address again?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, we'd love to have you...unless you send me daily lists. Then my head explodes. Your sweet wife would never do that...you, on the other hand...

alessandra said...

OMG you are too good, I would have sent them to...ahem another place ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Alessandra, it's early yet, after 2 days of them who knows what i'll say.😃

alessandra said...

We have a saying in Italy, guests are like fish, after three days they stink :D even the good ones!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Alessandra - we have that saying here too. I have said it many times this last week while running around getting ready for them. :-)

LL Cool Joe said...

Peggy, you must be a saint. I can't bare having guests for 2 hours let alone staying over. And no one goes near my desk or computer!