Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow Day.


Around dinner time it began to snow. We got about 6 inches.
Rick and Izzy went to their favorite little area to throw a stick and fetch.
After swimming, fetching her ball or a stick is pretty much her nirvana.
After she is done she will just sit and look around. 
She and Rick both seem to be enamored with the bald eagles squawking. 
But it was just beginning to snow and she was in cold heaven. 
I think if we lived in a very warm climate my crazy dog would be miserable.

It was a light fluffy snow and it's over now. No need to close everything, but that is what they do here. Didn't even need a shovel, more like a broom.

Izzy and I saw a fox in this area last week.  It stopped me in my tracks. 
It was small but seriously I didn't want to get too close.  
Izzy was standing a few feet in front of me when the fox came out of the woods and stared at us. She ran back to me and leaned against me so much so that if I had moved she would have fallen over.  But she never took her eyes off this fox. I then put her on a leash and we high-tailed it out of there. I wasn't in the mood to deal with a fox.

This was yesterday as it just began to snow. I love how she crosses her paws over her stick when she is done playing. That's our cue.


Last evening  just before I left my office for the day I got an email from a friend of mine who lives out west. I had written her a few weeks earlier to see how she was doing since she broke her ankle. She began by telling me she was doing great and can now wear a pair of safe heels. Then she tells me she just told her husband that she's been having an affair. 
In one line, she says to me that she is a wreck and "how do you like your new refrigerator?"
WTH?  She lays that line of having an affair on me then asks me how I like my friggin' new refrigerator?  Holy shit.

I am never sure how to respond to that. I don't see her often enough nor am I as close to her as I am some of my other friends to say, "how long? who? why? what the hell are you gonna do? You and your hubby started a company together! are you going to stay together or is it over?"

I print this email and bring it downstairs at the end of my day. 
I say to Rick that I just got an email from XYZ and can I read this to him? 
He, of course, says sure. I read it and he cocks his head like the RCA dog and says, "What the hell? HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR FRIDGE?" that's what she asks after dropping that bomb?  

I laughed and tell him that was what I was thinking.
We met this couple while living in Seattle. Rick and her hubby worked together.
I loved his wife and we've been friends every since. When I went to Chicago this past June, this was the girlfriend I met there. I came home and told Rick that she said things that made me think she was fooling around. I even asked. She poo-poo'd me with a joke but wouldn't look directly at me. I guess I knew then but didn't want to believe it.  In fact, if I am being really truthful I've felt this way for several years. It still makes me sad though.

Makes me want to hug my hubby.

8 comments:

Mike said...

"...this was the girlfriend I met there."
So she was having an affair with a female? The hubby may strike a deal with that situation.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

good one Mikey. I guess I didn't write that well as usual. But go ahead you can picture it.

PAPS said...

I guess for some people it is not a big deal as it is to some. But makes me laugh.
www.thoughtsofpaps.com

Julie H said...

Reminds me of an ex-coworker that sent an email about another coworker that passed away. And then to save time she attached this fabulous chicken recipe.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

OMG Julie. WTH? Who does that? How insensitive. I say that while I am typing and laughing.

Ms. A said...

If someone is going to drop a line like that, they'd better be prepared for some serious inquisition from me to explain! That's not a casual remark! It doesn't even belong in a line with, how do you like your fridge! Wonder if she was that casual with her husband when she told him? Poor guy.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

All she has told me is that she cries daily, everything is a mess and she will call when she can talk without crying. I know it's gonna get ugly.I feel for them both.

Julie H said...

I know right? We still talk about it and it's been years lol.