Rick bought himself a Yankee Candle air freshener for his work truck.
They look like this....only not blurry.
The scent he bought was Lemon Pound Cake.
This thing can hang from your mirror or anywhere you wish to hang it.
He told me his is just sitting on his dashboard. I didn't ask why because whatever this man would tell me would make no sense to me so why ask is my theory.
He has his way of doing things and that is what makes my Ricky, well, my Ricky.
Yesterday he took off his good glasses and put them on top of the air freshener on his dashboard. He then slipped on his work glasses (the ones that can get paint on them)before he entered the customers home.
After the job was completed he got in his truck, switched glasses, and headed home.
During this long drive home all he could smell was lemon pound cake.
His glasses had the scent all over them. I imagine them sitting in the sun on the windshield with this air freshener sure made them smell good. Almost like baking the cake.
The smell of lemon was all over his nose and it was driving him nuts!
When he got home the first thing he said to me was, "Could you please make a lemon pound cake?"
I didn't have enough lemons or enough eggs. I had had an awful day and just wasn't up for going to the store and baking. I made him something with what I had. But it wasn't lemon.
So can you guess what I'm doing tonight for Mr. Lemon Pound Cake?
Yes, he is spoiled rotten.

7 comments:
Have his glasses melted yet, or his nose, or his dashboard?
why no they haven't Ms.A....it may be sunny but it's only 10 degrees. No melting in sight.
He should have stopped at the grocery for LPC.
Let me know if he buys a Pineapple Upside-Down Cake scented car freshener. I'll be over.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake - coming right up!
Mike - you haven't met Rick have you? Why buy it if his wife will make it for him?
(I LOVE to bake so no big deal on my end)
lol too funny!
My mall walking buddy goes nuts for these car scents at YC - her latest favorite is salted caramel - and guess what, a couple weeks ago she made some brownies or some such other sweet in guess what flavor??? I read in the past that if you smell a scent supposedly you eat it less, but now I'm not so sure :/
Post a Comment