To those reading regularly you may find this update mildly interesting.
It's colder than a witches tit here. Tonight below 0 without any damn windchill.
Rick and Gary have huge jobs today. Both started at 7 and won't be done until 5-6p.
I know when Rick has a day like this my poor old man comes home dragging.
He will be tired, grumpy from traffic, and hungry.
Our dog, on the other hand, has a different agenda. She only wants to play, go outside and throw a ball or play fetch as is the normal routine after work.
I also know my spoiled diva dog will pay me no mind if our Big Man is here.
If I even get her outside she will turn around and sit and stare at our front door until he comes out - or she will scratch to go back him to be near him. She only wants him and if she knows he's in the house she's on him like glue.And I'm invisible. Since she won't walk with me at night unless he is with us I brought her to doggy daycare today because she will be so damn tired when she gets home. She will eat and jump to her corner of the sofa and be out like a light. No ball or stick fetchin' tonight. That is my way of helping Rick. And having a nice warm hearty dinner for him and then watch him get to his corner of the sofa and be out like a light.
Sounds like a fun evening for me doesn't it? Actually it does, watch girl things on TV, read, or talk to a friend on the phone. All things girl tonight. Look out HGTV!
_________________
Speaking of all things girls. Yesterday I told you my friend emailed me and told me she was having an affair and how did I like my new fridge?
Well....last evening she posted some photos on her FB page.
She rarely uses FB so seeing some new photo's were interesting.
I looked at them and went OH MY GOD.
So what I am about to say is only my intuition and/or my assumptions.
The photos were of she and a gal pal. Both beautiful women in their early 40's.
I knew instantly that this was her affair.
I brought the tablet to Rick and said, "Look at these new photo's of X."
He looked at them and said, "you don't look at your pal like that, oh my God do you think?" Yep, I do.
So I guess she is now a lipstick lesbian. Which is fine with me.
I don't care about which team she plays for, I love her and want her to be happy.
But you could have knocked me over with a feather.
For some reason, I wasn't expecting that. How could I really.
I've known her since she was 22 and she's been with her hubby (boyfriend at the time) since then. I look forward to her talking to me. Rick asked if I was going to say anything. I'm not sure that I should bring this up. I will wait for her to tell me in her time. I can see it in the pictures and I know.
Rick seems to think the pictures were her way of telling me. I don't know about that.
I don't think most would see what I saw. I don't know. Sticky wick, no?
So I am waiting for her. She knows me well enough to know I would never give a rats ass about who she loved.
____________________
Rick and I are rethinking our view of moving to Florida as old people do in our family. But apparently after this frigid winter we believe this is now a possibility have become weather wusses. Or I'm turning into my father. He keeps the thermostat at 80+ and when you go to his house you think you are in a furnace. My husband has been known to arrive at his house wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt in the dead of winter. And he still becomes a sweaty mess after some time there. I used to keep the thermostat at 66 - 68 in winter. Now I'm still freezing at 70. Our dog will be miserable in the heat of Florida, but mom and dad will be happy in winter. It's no longer improbable
7 comments:
So is she going to share her girl friend with her hubby? OH YEAH, HUBBY WINS!
well now that would be the dream for you guys now wouldn't it? :-)
I used to long to move to a colder climate that had snow. Now that I'm old, I don't think I could deal with it, especially since this floxing!
Agnes is always too hot, so we keep our house very cold (by most people's standards). We keep space heaters in the bathrooms so we don't freeze to the seats.
Bilbo - good call for the space heaters. I ask Rick if he has to go so he'll warm up the seat. :-)
Well you know, I know about that shock of going uh wait, the other team? I thought you liked big teddy bear guys :( Not that it really matters who you love but it would be nice if the person wasn't an asshole.
Obviously I'm not talking about your friend lol.
I just don't understand why people live where it's so cold all the time. One of my online friends lives where it's so extremely cold the kids are going to school in -20 weather and such. No thanks!
Well you know, I know about that shock of going uh wait, the other team? I thought you liked big teddy bear guys :( Not that it really matters who you love but it would be nice if the person wasn't an asshole.
Obviously I'm not talking about your friend lol.
I just don't understand why people live where it's so cold all the time. One of my online friends lives where it's so extremely cold the kids are going to school in -20 weather and such. No thanks!
Post a Comment