Monday, January 13, 2014

Whirlwind Monday

Boy it's been a Monday Morning around here!

Let's start with Saturday shall we?  
Rick and I went to the Tile Shop to make a choice of back splashes for our kitchen.
Rick brought his binder with him with all his measurements etc. This binder is what he refers to as his bible. Inside are his business cards, papers/invoices for jobs, pens, etc. 
He is lost without this bad boy during the coarse of a day. 
It has EVERYTHING he needs for his day in there. He is lost without it.

We bought two samples of tile to bring home to see what we preferred.
We spent the rest of the weekend continuing the refinishing of our cabinets.

Monday morning arrives and the island has cabinet doors and shelves drying on it.
The kitchen is in utter chaos.

He is running around like a crazy man looking for his binder. 
He keeps asking me if I've seen it. 
I tell him to just stop for a moment and let's look around, he's being such a spaz. 
Nothing is where it is supposed to be so let's do this systematically.
We start with the kitchen, go into the dining room where all the glassware and cookbooks etc are waiting to go back to their rightful home. I asked him if it was still in the car.
He said he doubts it but he has already started his truck to warm it up he says he can't look in my car. WHAT? I say, "I have a set of keys, what is going on with you this morning?" 

He grabs my keys from the bowl by the front door.
He runs out to the car and looks in the front seat. 
I was watching him and he wasn't looking anywhere else. 
So I open the door and suggest he look in the back of the SUV as well to see if it was put in there along with the tile samples. 
He says, "Oh yea!" as I roll my eyes. But it wasn't there.

I ask Rick if he left it at the tile store. 
He said, "I doubt it, that's something you would do not me." 
But if it isn't in the places we looked it had to be there was my logic.
He won't call them.

Rick left for work and he was all spastic because it was like going to work with out his arm.
I immediately called the tile store because  -
1. It had to be there. 
2.  it opens at 7am and why he wouldn't call just to see if it could be there fried my ass.

Guess where it was? The Tile Shop. 

I call Mr. Numbnuts who is now at his first job.
I tell him that I found his binder and that it was indeed left at the store on the counter. 
"So it is only something I'd do huh? Guess that smart remark bit you in the ass."
He laughed. He asked me if I'd go get it today at my lunch break. Sure I can I tell him. 

It is now just shy of 8am so I grab my 2nd cup of coffee and head upstairs to my office. 
I get a call as soon as my butt hit my office chair.  It is Mr. Numbnuts. 
In the most soft voice I hear him say, "Ah, I have your keys, I didn't put them back in the bowl when I came in the house. You'll have to find the extra key to the car to go to the tile shop and just not lock the doors."

OMG! What is wrong with him today?
I tell him I know where the extra key is so I'll be able to go today.
He meekly says, "I'm sorry babe. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me today."
Today?

He's going to be so off the mark today and off kilter because his binder (bible) and all the things he needs are not with him. So I don't need to give him grief because he is going to have an awful day.  But that won't last long, trust me. (wink wink)

4 comments:

regan said...

Sounds like he has PMS! lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Regan - I say that all the time about all his ills. :-)

Ms. A said...

At least your brain is still intact... so far! LOL!

flask said...

ugh. nevermind.

i wrote a comment, but it got eaten.

short version: rick good.