Friday, January 3, 2014

Random Observations and Musings

While I was off the blog here are a few things I observed.
  • I watched an episode of The Biggest Loser one evening. I was so mesmerized by this goof ball who wore a cowboy hat 24/7 on the show. There he stood with his big ole fat belly hanging over his shorts wearing no shirt only his damn hat. He looked like a damn fool.  Okay listen, I get it you like a cowboy hat but I bet you aren't a cowboy. But that's another story now isn't it? You can like to wear a cowboy hat but know when to take the damn thing off. He worked out in the gym with the hat on as well.  Now would a nurse wear her little cap while sweating on the treadmill? Would a football player wear his helmet while lifting weights? Would a pilot wear his pilot hat while standing on the scale wearing only a pair of gym shorts and nothing else? Could he not see how damn ridiculous he looked?  I think I'll be weighing myself tomorrow wearing my tiara.  You do too don't ya?
  • I saw Steve Carrell on Letterman and he talked about having hip replacement surgery. Somehow it makes me feel better when people my age are falling apart and I'm not the only one. But as he tells this story it made me laugh. FYI, I prefer to be knocked out for surgery, even for days if I could.  Local? No way in hell.  Squeak? That would be my luck! But the torture chamber scene he speaks of here made me have visions of Dexter in my head. I may have gotten off the gurney and ran at that point.


  • I saw Brad Pitt on the cover of AARP and that too makes me happy. For some reason the thought of aging alone makes me sad but this makes me happy happy happy.
  • I watched the Kennedy Center Awards. President Obama was getting down with his bad self with the music of Carlos Santana. Love that he has the moves. One smooth guy.  Billy Joel was awarded a Kennedy Center honor too and my love for Billy Joel is deep. It was a great show. 


9 comments:

flask said...

maybe he didn;t wear his hat when he was supposed to?

i used to work at a boarding school where if a kid rode a bike without a helmet, they were required to wear it for the next 24 hours, in class and out.

mamahasspoken said...

Maybe it's like those guys who wear the bandana 24/7 to hide their receding hair lines ;o)

Mike said...

I can just imagine how stinky that hat must be.

Jayne Martin said...

Brad Pitt on the cover of AARP? Oh, say it isn't so!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike I hadn't thought about that but now that you say it I can't stop thinking about it. Gee thx

Jayne - sorry it's so. :-)

Julie H said...

Brad Pitt on AARP?? Really? That's crazy.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie...yep the old man is 50 :-)

Bilbo said...

I sometimes think that real cowboys probably wish they could wear straw boaters so they won't be confused with dumbass wannabes.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bilbo - "dumbass wannabes" made my day! Oops, wardrobe malfunction gotta run