Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Upside Down

My home is upside down right now and this is making my dog completely nutso.
Well maybe I should say she is more nutso than normal.

She has a blanket that covers a corner of the sofa where she lays. If I wash the blanket she won't get up on the sofa, but will instead just put her head on it and make sad eyes at me. Even if I say, "go ahead you can get up" and motion to her to get up. She refuses unless the blanket it there. 

Now with the first floor being a remodel diseaster mode she is bonkers.
We moved all the furniture to the other side of the room last night.
A piece of furniture is being delivered today so I had to move everything.
I now have the sectional sofa that is going to my niece on it's side. The other piece of the sectional is behind it.  Izzy was flipping out.
She was going in circles looking for a place to sit.  Her chair was still there but it was not in its 'normal' place so she didn't like that either.

We put the sofa cushion on the area rug with her blanket on it thinking she would lay there while we were moving things etc. Nope. She had to be on the sofa. It was all so funny. I stopped and watched her. She was literally upset. Her food bowls were moved, the kitchen has a sofa in it, the sofa is on it's side, all the furniture is wrong to her now. Izzy looked from side to side and then began to circle the island. She was not a happy girl. No calming would work. What in the hell will she do if we ever move? I may have to sedate her. 

Finally she went to the sofa section that she would lay on while it is on its side and she snuggled up in the corner of it.  But it's the top so it slops. She made me laugh because that had to be uncomfortable but damn it, this was her sofa and we were messing with it. Rick grabbed his phone to capture this. She laid there for a long time and she didn't care her blanket wasn't there. We didn't care, she was out of the way and we could continue doing what we needed to do. 


This morning she came down the steps and she stood on the landing and looked into the kitchen and sitting area. Then she turned and looked at me. It made me laugh out loud. 
The looks said, "It's still all upside!  I can't live like this"  
She does make me laugh this silly furry beast.

Izzy also has enough off white paint on her. This ought to take a long time to come off her.
She just had a bath too. Oh this dog!!

We are fortunate because while it is frigid (2 degrees) and sub zero with wind chills, it is sunny and we have no snow. I am thankful for that. But my fingers on my right hand are still tingling and feeling off since I was out walking Izzy an hour ago. I wore two pairs of gloves, 3 pairs of pants and 2 pairs of socks.  I am glad I saved all those old pants after I lost weight so after i put on leggings,then jeans, I put on a pair of fleece pants to put over everything because they are so big. It was perfect and my legs were not cold - finally. My feet and hands were another story. I don't have mittens and I used my last hand warmer thingy in my gloves last night.  

It is supposed to be 58 on Saturday and my sofa should no longer be upside down. (I hope) 
If my fingers don't fall off by then I think we'll all be just fine.

5 comments:

Julie H said...

How funny! We got in a routine of running every night after dinner (the dog and I). Well I changed up my routine a little bit and he was PISSED lol.

Mike said...

Luckily our Stella adapts quickly to changes. She's been through a lot of them in her 4 years.

flask said...

oh, the poor dear. you can;t tell them it's temporary, can you?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

oh flask she literally sighed this morning while staring at "her" couch...and Rick laughed so hard he began to cough. I took her over to doggy day care today where everything is the same. By the time she gets home she will be so tired nothing will matter to her.
We should have that sofa out of her this week.

Mike - I think there is a story in that comment about Stella.

LL Cool Joe said...

Oh your poor dog. What a cute photo. Glad you don't have any snow yet. We are still having wind and rain here in the UK.