Thursday, August 8, 2013

Whining Continued

I had to go to the girl doctor today.
Now that I have insurance I felt it was important to get my free annual check up.
I would rather have root canal without any drugs than have an annual exam but I knew I had to because it has been 6 years.

So there you are in the fuzzy stirrups in a freezing cold room in a paper gown wondering why the fuzzy stirrups? Seriously why not just keep it warmer in here? And why are they only concerned about my feet being warm as I sit here in a thin piece of pink paper? 

The doctor was a nice enough woman of a certain age. 
She specializes in we old broads. I like that. 
She doesn't do babies. It's just all women stuff all the time. 
A nice bunch of women in the office too.
But honestly it doesn't make up for this horrible visit. 
They could feed me wine and chocolate while I'm lying there in fuzzy stirrups and it wouldn't help me one bit.

They took my BP and normally it runs around 110/60. It was 148/83. 
Think I was stressed a bit?

The doctor talked to me a great deal about family history and all my medications as well as tests she would like me to have. I hear dollar signs. 
Then I remember I have insurance. Then I remember I haven't met a deductible so it sounds like a lot of money. It's terrible to make health decisions based on money really but what choice do we have in this country? 
She goes on to tell me that she is upset that I haven't had a colonoscopy. 
I, on the other hand, am not the least bit upset.
She writes me a script to have one. I make a noise. She tells me I'm an adult and this is something that one should do at age 50. I'm very late for it. 
Thanks for that age dig Doc.

Now in my little ole head I'm thinking, "I'm 50 and I don't one!" 
Then I think I'm 9 and I wanna whine how "I don't wanna !!!!" stomping of the foot of course would be mandatory with that last one.

Look I know I have to but really? Rick tells me its the best nap and/or rest ever.
Hmmm.....is that really telling of the test or my sick husband?
He also shared with me that the night before is far worse than being given this wonderful drug to nap while they prod you. All I hear is prod. It's an exit ramp. I don't want prodded in that area.
But apparently no stomping of feet, no whining, crying or basic bad behavior will get me out of this.
I think I'll wait until after vacation. I may need the weight loss after vacation...teehee

Then she left the room and I was reading through some pamphlets on the table. There was one for Latisse that my friend and I were just talking about a couple of days ago. She came back in and saw me reading this and I asked some questions. She bribed me like I was 9. 
Then again if one acts like they are 9 they will be treated as though they are 9.
She told me if I  get my colonoscopy before December I can get a free month of Latisse. 
Damn her. It worked.   She knew I wanted to try this. But I would never have purchased it because it is frivolous and I don't need it. Not money well spent.  

You see young people your eye lashes thin as you age. In fact everything thins as you age except your waistline. Go figure. And my eye lashes are 1/2 of what they once were. So I took the Latisse and they made my appointment for a colonoscopy for later in the year.
The woman writing up all my scripts said, "Now don't go and cancel because we'll just bill you for this."  "
Why you little stinkers!" I said and laughed.

She said, "We've had your kind before."

"Okay so you're so smart. I guess I get a rotor rooter done with long luxurious lashes."

"See? that's the spirit You can bat them at the doctor doing your test."

"Yea, but i don't think he's looking at that end of me, that is my issue."
They all just laughed.

And I'm in medical hell of late.

15 more days....only 15 more days....




12 comments:

Arnebya said...

I don't wanna either and I doubt another 10 years is going to change that. Nope. Arms are folded, lips are smirked, eyebrow is raised, head is being quite vigorously shaken. Don't wanna.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Arnebya, me neither. I may end up paying for my latisse. :-)

mamahasspoken said...

I had mine before I was 50. The procedure and after wasn't bad at all, didn't feel a thing. But hubby's right, it's the DAY before that's hell. Let's just say, they make you clean out the old pipes with a product that takes it to the point where all that comes out is water, and it doesn't stop for a long, long,long time......

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bonnie, that is why i said maybe after my vacation. I'd lose some weight. :-)
Rick said to never start as late as they tell you or you'll be up all night. He listened to them the 1st time then the 2nd time he started in the afternoon so he could sleep. If I do it I'll listen to Rick. :-)

Mike said...

Is your stomach bothering you at all? They can do an upper endoscopy (esophagogastroduodenoscopy)and a colonoscopy at the same time.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Holy shit how long is that thing???

Oh wait Mike, that's what all the girls say to you isn't it?

Ms. A said...

I'll just stay lashless.

mamahasspoken said...

The thing to remember is it starts out great, think it's not so bad, few times to the bathroom, life is good. Then after a few hours, BAMB!!! It hits you like a ton of bricks. Lasts about a good 8 hours, well bad 8 hours would be a better description.........
Oh and I like Cora's answer ;o)

Carma Sez said...

No that there is a wise doctor. Had the bribery all ready for you :-) Please get it done. A friend of mine who is about the same age as you kept putting it off - finally had it done two weeks ago and they found a suspicious polyp that was caught while still in its "infancy" - you can do this!

Julie H said...

Both of my sister in laws wear fake lashes all the time now. Apparently they are back in style. I think I'd rather go that route ;)

I'm probably about due for a women's visit. The last time I was there they told me I could come every other year now. I just got a letter that the dr I go to there is retiring so I guess I'll get some new person checking me out. I'm almost 40 so now I'm going to be sent to the boob squisher.

I'm always weighing cost over the need for stuff. I'm way less likely to do anything medical now than I was back when I had great insurance. Everything cost a fortune now.

Julie H said...

Both of my sister in laws wear fake lashes all the time now. Apparently they are back in style. I think I'd rather go that route ;)

I'm probably about due for a women's visit. The last time I was there they told me I could come every other year now. I just got a letter that the dr I go to there is retiring so I guess I'll get some new person checking me out. I'm almost 40 so now I'm going to be sent to the boob squisher.

I'm always weighing cost over the need for stuff. I'm way less likely to do anything medical now than I was back when I had great insurance. Everything cost a fortune now.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Rick's right. It's a fabulous little nap which I too put off for 8 years. Nothing to worry about! Oh and that part about giving you wine and chocolates during the exam. Great idea. I think I will mention it to my gyn next time. And I want the Latisse too.