My car is being repaired from that dip shit that hit me while on her phone.
I had to drop my car off this morning between 7-7:30 am
They said they gave me a comparable car but I don't think it's really comparable.
I had to go to the auto body shop and they called the rental car to pick me up.
These young men at the rental car place were so young, shiny and bright.
So very chipper at that hour of the morning. It was nice to see that for a change.
Not just happy but providing me with customer service and with a smile.
They were young enough to be my children..... that I had late in life. Yep, that young.
But all cute and smiley and that made me happy, happy, happy.
It's not quite an SUV and it isn't quite a mini van. It's a Chevy Equinox.
I sure wouldn't buy this car but I'm thankful they gave me a car at all.
It's big enough in the back for Miss Izzy and plenty of room for Rick and me.
Best of all it gets me from point A to B and my insurance is covering the cost.
Sunday's night television schedule for us is crazy.
So many things to watch and so little time that we will be watching all these things the rest of the week.
Of course all my Food Network shows and HGTV shows were DVR'd.
But then we have Ray Donovan,(and if you aren't watching Ray why not?) Dexter, Newsroom, Breaking Bad, Inside Man and the CNN special on Weed by Dr. Sanjay Gupta.
All at the same time. DVR'd some of course.
We actually watched CNN's Inside Man. I so love this show. This week it was about the dumb ass city council men and women as well as their completely incompetent Mayor.
The city of Stockton has filed bankruptcy and the town is a hot mess of violence, unemployment and foreclosures. It was all so sad and so easily avoided.
Not all of it but for the most part it was. The spending these people did was inexcusable
The mayor blames the fire department and police department for their union wages.
The mayor and "friends" have done a great job of putting this erroneous information out to the media to make people believe what they are saying. When in fact that isn't 100% accurate. OMG how I wanted to slap this mayor woman. She spent money on the most foolish things and of course never with their cash. No just borrow more and more money than you can ever pay. They built a marina. A marina with no gas available to the boaters, no restaurants available. They spent something like 23 million for this in a depressed area and it is basically empty and generating no money in any way shape or form.
But it's pretty she says. They built big parking garages that remain empty because there is no business for people to go there to park their cars. That was many more millions than the marina. There were many like this and yet they just blamed the fireman and policeman to deflect.
They showed both sides to this. The over paying for the social jobs like police and fireman is real but that wasn't the reason for a full meltdown of the city. But as we know most people don't look any further than what they hear. No research of our own. It was very fair show and you could see both sides of this but to me it was clearly the governments fault for the majority of all of this.
I suppose that shouldn't be a big surprise should it?
This show is so good. I tell you each week how much I like it I know. I hope people watch it so it doesn't get canceled. Everything I like gets canceled.
Then we watched the doc on Weed by the Dr. Gupta. Boy was this eye opening. It wasn't what you'd think it was about in so many ways. We enjoyed this as well. I swear Rick and I had our mouths hanging open during so much of this. We learned a lot and found it fascinating.
Now this week we'll have to catch up on Dexter, Newsroom, Ray Donovan and Breaking Bad.
So no spoilers please.
9 comments:
I dislike the rental car 'walk around' where you have to point out all the dings that the rental people already know about.
Mike. I agree. This morning I showed them the big scratches on the lights and he said oh it's probably just dirt. No, I told him to look and feel it. He acted surprised. I show them everything i don't want a surprise at the end of this. I don't even like the damn car so I sure as hell don't want to pay for anything.
hey, no spoilers here. i do not think i have ever seen any of those shows.
come to think of it, ever since i discovered hank and john green and the happy fact that lectures and interviews and stuff can be viewed on my laptop in the kitchen on youtube, i do not think i have even turned my tv on.
and since i cannot leave the kitchen at an important point in, say, wil wheaton;s standup set, i end up scrubbing the sink and oh, i don't know, making blueberry jam or something.
but yeah. governmental abuse. hire corrupt contractors to do things the city doesn;t need, scoop the profits off for you and your friends and then complain about how much money teachers and firemen get.
also make sure you move OUT of the city limits so you don't have to come in contact with poor people. collect your bonuses and on your way out get poor people to blame greedy teachers and firemen.
it's the american way.
'scuse me. i have to go make sammidges. i'm whipping up a little number with turkey and mustard and currant jelly with cheese and kale and carrots in a spinach wrap.
and then i have a lot of blueberries i think i'll make some jam with.
then my partner and i are going to go inspect (read: paddle) the part of the river we think is in saturday's race.
woo! youtube!
I don't watch any of those shows, so no spoilers from me!
Same here in that I don't watch any of those shows either. In fact, I hate Sunday nights because the only thing I can find to watch is Sister Wives and that show gives me the willies (I'm shuddering now thinking about it!).
I've had a rental car before and they made me walk around the car both before and after to make sure there wasn't any damage. The word of warning I have for you is to make sure you put in the same amount of gas that they gave you when you picked it up because they DO charge you for gas!
Bonnie they gave me a whopping 1/4 tank. I pointed that out. At least i don't have to bring it back full just 1/4.
Interesting. Stockton is the big city my mom lives in not too far away. I lived there growing up. I'm wondering what they mean when they say they built a marina? Obviously I didn't see the show. They built a big area downtown that has concerts. I've been to one there before, it was fun. I've parked in that big parking garage several times. It was free every time. They built this HUGE arena where they have hockey games and concerts. I've heard that was quite the money pit. They paid like some million dollars or something to get Neil Diamond and then didn't even sell all the tickets. I saw Carlos Mencias there once. I know a lot of people that go to the hockey games. There is a lot of restaurants so I don't know what's up with that. The whole area where they built all this stuff was super scary even when I was a kid. They did clean it up a lot and now I actually go there for some stuff. But the crime in the city now is CRAZY. There was always some but now it's REALLY bad. I don't know if you can blame it on individuals or just the economy and more stuff. I don't know. There are some REALLY LOW CLASS people that live there. It's always been like that but they've multiplied. There are good pockets and bad pockets but of course the poor neighborhoods go to rob the others. No idea how they can fix it other than to round up all the meth heads. And super poor classless people (not saying poor people are classless) and teach them some class.
Julie, there is much more to it than poor or classless people. The unemployment is in the stratesphere. Unemployment always equals higher crime. And they have both big time. The gov't is so corrupt it was amazing. These ballparks and arenas that cost 53 million and much higher are only losing money and generate none. They should how they were in the red each and every month. But they keep building. They were losing money before they were completely built. The people at city council meetings have valid points and the mayor or council men and women would shut them down. And they were being filmed and they didn't behave well. Having a lot of restaurants is great if you have people with high paying jobs to go to them and pay. But they don't and they showed them boarded up. It looked like Detroit to me. A hell hole of a city and they get reelected. Dumb asses. Their houses have lost all value and they are over run with squaters because people are just abandoning their homes to get the hell out of there. They showed some real nice homes and what was left on the block. One couple talked about their fear of what was happening and they can't afford to move. They do have jobs and can pay their mortgage but with their neighbors moving they are seeing squaters and druggies and homeless living in the boarded up homes on the block. The home this couple lived in around here would be about 800K so I don't know how that translates to Stockton but it wasn't a bad neighborhood looking place. Oh and there is a marina. It's losing millions a month but there is a marina for the handful of people who can afford a boat.
This was sad all around. If I lived there and could afford to move I would leave so fast heads would spin. But you'd be walking away from a home that no one will buy. most can't afford to do that sadly.
Yeah there is a lot of "marina's" around there I think. I didn't know they built a fancy one ;)
Walking away from a house is the norm around here. Houses were going for like 3 times more than they are worth now. Why kill yourself to make a mortgage when you can walk away and buy a new one for 1/3 the price? (not ethical I know but I don't blame people).
I was trying to see if I could find the episode online but could only come up with a clip. The clip I saw was in Weston Ranch. I have a friend that lives there. When they first built up that area I thought they were crazy. It was just south of the ghetto where all the crime and hookers are and then they are building this "nice new neighborhood". Honestly I'm not surpised there is so much crime there. My friend that lives there moved there after it was built up and she used to live in another state so obviously she just saw nice houses.
Post a Comment