Yesterday I had to go to UPS.
I had several packages to ship.
The service was below sub par.
This woman is always there every time I have to go.
When Rick goes there he always gets her too.
We both dislike dealing with this woman immensely.
She has no right working with the public.
In fact this woman should be kept behind a cage....she is as mean as a snake.
In Websters Dictionary this woman's picture would be under the word RUDE.
Yesterday was my last straw dealing with this woman.
I had 3 packages.
I got 2 done by her and I took the last one to the post office so I could just leave.
I walked up to the counter to Ms. Sour Puss and said, "Hi. How are you?"
She glared at me and never smiled.
I said, "I would like to send these 3 packages, all ground please."
She said nothing. She rolled her eyes though.
I wondered what the hell that was about.
When she told me the price of the 1st package I was startled.
I sent this a couple weeks ago and it was about $5.00 less.
I said, "This is about $5 more than last week - have the prices gone up?"
She snapped and did an eye roll, "they go up every year."
I said, "Okay but I sent this last week and it was $5 less than today."
She literally yelled, " DO YOU WANT TO SEND THIS OR NOT I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS."
Now there was only 1 man in the whole place. He was at the computer making a label.
It's not like it was Xmas and they were jammin'.
I told her I did want to send it.
Then in my professional kind voice I asked her, "Are you having a bad day or did I do something to upset you?"
She did not answer, she only rolled her eyes again. C'mon how old are you? rolling your eyes?
I said nothing more. I sent two packages and I took the 3rd one to the post office.
As she finished she threw the receipts on the counter. She didn't hand them to me.
I took them and said nicely just to show her how to be nice to people, "I hope your day gets better"
As I turned around the man who was at the computer was coming up behind me and he said, "she never has a good day!"
So apparently everyone knows this woman is a bitch who hates her job and lacks social skills and customer service.
This incident in the big scheme of things wasn't a big deal.
But it's constant with her. Rick has had issues and I have several times before.
This is why when we have to pick a shipper for Easy Restore we went with the post office.
I know, who the hell would think the post office would be where you'd get service.
But it was. Maybe because they need the business, who knows, but they were great and have been great so that is where we are keeping our business shipping needs.
We called UPS, FedEx and the post office when we knew we would be shipping Easy Restore. UPS and FedEx were not accommadating, and both were what I would call cavailiar about getting our business.
Granted we are small, but I know that in my former life as a sales executive I didn't treat my big clients any better than my small clients.
They all kept me fed and in a nice lifestyle. No one to me was better than another.
So I felt companies looking for my business should do the same when trying to sell me their services. They did not.
The post office sales people not only were great to use but gave us options.
They also gave a competitive price. Granted they need the business but thus far they have gone beyond the call of duty. I tell everyone because I believe every company out there should provide customer service. And damn good service.
I called UPS. Rick insisted that I complain about this woman.
I felt that this incident was not her worst so why bother.
Mr. former VP of HR had a different take on it.
He felt that she never is nice and it's been ongoing for a year.
He and I both will go to another line to avoid her if possible.
Mr. HR thinks that she needs to be disciplined.
I don't want her fired, I want her counseled on how to provide customer service.
To greet a customer and to smile. Those things.
Mr. HR felt that unless I called and spoke to someone about this that will never happen.
I said I would think about it.
Then last evening while walking the dog we saw a dog neighbor who said he saw me yesterday pulling out of the UPS center and he said he waved but I apparently didn't notice him.
Rick told him about my encounter and he immediately said, "Oh my God isn't that woman a piece of work. She is like that with everyone. I hate dealing with her"
Rick looked at me and said, "See? you need to call"
So I called this morning. I spoke to her supervisor.
Sadly she didn't sound surprised.
She asked me some good questions and thanked me.
Will something be done? I don't know.
I don't want to get someone fired, I just want her to get counseling on how to do her job well.
Or else give someone who needs/wants the job for petes sake!
17 comments:
Are those places actually ran by UPS or just an individually owned place that ships UPS stuff? My friend is in management in UPS if you want to tell me where it is, I'm sure he'd send an appropriate email ;)
Ugh! I've been in customer service all my working life, and it makes me crazy that people get away with kind of rude behavior! Especially when there are a 100 people who would kill to have that job right now! How dare she think she can get away with that! And her supervisor should be slapped upside the head, too! Oh, this makes me crazy! I'm so glad you called! Yep, mark it on the calendar, "Rick was right!" lol
Julie - it was the UPS center. Where the trucks are and where the shippments are to load the truck.They also have a counter there.
Regan - Shhhhhh.....we don't like to share that kind of information with Rick. I always like to say I am never wrong, sometimes less right but never wrong. :-)
Jobs are too hard to come by right now. She doesn't get to have a bad day let alone a bad year.
Mike - AMEN! At one point when looking for some extra income I applied there for a night time job. i thought I would be safe and avoid her working the night shift. But I couldn't get hired. Go figure!
Everyone can have a bad day, however, a constantly bad attitude needs to be reported and she needs to change it, or find a job where she doesn't have to ruin another persons day. The term "going postal" pops into my head. If she isn't the one to do it, someone just might end up going postal on her!
Cora - Rick said the same thing.
I am afraid of her - she's huge. I'm only 5'1" and she had to be the size of my hubby 6'2. She could squish me like a bug.
So, Peg, I guess you're saying that size does matter?
Sorry you had such an awful experience. Glad you got a zinger in on her.
Queen - why yes it does young lady. I can't think of an instance where it doesn't. :-)
I never complain either, just feel like I am 'ratting' out someone when I do and I know some of the places don't do anything. Instead, I have 'fun' filling out those on-line questionnaires that you find at the bottom of your receipt. I have found THAT gets me somewhere because the 'higher ups' are the ones who read it.
Hey Bonnie - that's a good tip. However I just looked at my receipt when you said that and there is nothing for me there. Damn!
In a time when great employees are getting let go due to the economy it always amazes me when you find someone like this taking a job that others would be breaking down the door to get. However, when I come across someone like this I always try to keep in mind that everyone has a life story and hers must be a pretty tragic one for her to consistently behave that way.
You did what you could and seem like you genuinely wish her well. I hope she gets the help she needs.
You were nicer to her than I would have been. I had straighten the folks at Walgreens out on Wednesday. A person can only take so much from these rude jerks.
Jay
Jay I had to. I felt that if I was anything else I was stooping to her level. I refuse to do that. Besides she was much bigger than me. Like she was 5'11" and easily over 250lbs. She has more than 100lbs on me and I'm only 5'1". she'd hurt me. :-(
this situation was very deserving of a phone call. I don't think you mentioned her age - hopefully she was young so that could be her excuse ;-)
ooh! im intrigued to see what will happen with this chick.
Post a Comment