Monday, March 5, 2012

My Weekend

I had a nice weekend.
Mellow and nice.

It was my birthday as I said on Sunday.
That is where I will begin and go backwards.

At 5:00a.m. my husband is awake.
Apparently he had gotten up to pee a few minutes prior. 
The dog was stirring because she is up by 5:30a.m. and never a moment later.
For some reason Rick thought I was either dead or awake.
Because as he so nicely put it, "I didn't hear your soft purr so I assumed you were awake."  He leans over top of me as I am on my side and he loudly says, "Happy Birthday Babycakes." 

OMG. I was not awake!
Soft purr my ass.....I was fast asleep and he woke me up to say happy birthday? 
I said, "thanks" and rolled further to my corner to continue to sleep.
Oh no, Mr. Morning person was awake and by God we were all going to be awake. 
Now he is singing me happy birthday. 
I gave in, laughing on the inside because that is all the morning energy I can muster.
But there was no way I was now sleeping because that got Izzy excited and Izzy jumped on the bed. So now I have Mr. Morning Man and Izzy all over me.  I'm awake! 
Who does this to a non morning person? 
I'm Sybil on this topic, It was very sweet of him but the other side of me is, You can be sweet later in the morning babe when I'm awake! Boy morning people are annoying aren't they?
So now that we're all up and Izzy is jumping all over me it was time to start my day.

I got down stairs to a card on the island from Izzy and a gift.
What a wonder dog that she could sign this and pick out a gift.
And all without thumbs. It was beautifully wrapped too.
She could make me millions.

I told Morning Man to not buy me gifts.
I don't need anything and financially this past 18months has been the worst for us so I just didn't care about it.
But he didn't listen. What else is new.
He did do small things and I love them all.

Izzy bought me this great baseball cap with me and Izzy on the top of it.
It's not really Izzy and Me but it's exactly and I do mean exactly how we two sit on the stoop everyday. It is a stick person from the Life is Good brand.
It is a woman and her dog leaning on one another exactly how we do on the stoop.
I love it!!!  So bad hair days - I have my baseball cap.

Rick got me two NYY t-shirts which I had been whining about how much I needed since all my old ones are 4 sizes too big.
I got a gift card to this great bra store so I could get a new bra. YIPEE
Seriously I needed new bras and I love pretty bras.
And no I will not show a photo of my new bra.
All the gifts were so very thoughtful and nice and I loved it.
The rest of the day I was spoiled beyond belief and it was fun.
So a good birthday all around.

I did end up cheating on the ole diet. He bought me a cannoli.
I love cannolis. I mean what is not to love, cheese and sugar?  C'mon.
I worried about the diet but when I got on the scale this morning I was down another pound so apparently it didn't kill me. MY GOD WAS IT GOOD TOO!!!!

Rick is an enabler. You don't ever want him around you if you are dieting or you have an addiction because he'll say things like, "c'mon just one drink."
Or "1 cannolli won't hurt you it's your birthday." He makes me laugh.
You would swear he was my Italian mother and grandmother. You know how they are.
You say, "But I'm not hungry" and they said, "that's okay then just eat this sandwich." 

Saturday it was so nice out and after watching some Yankee baseball we decided to take Izzy out for some 'chuck-it' and a walk.
We went to the area where we "chuck-it"
If you don't know chuck-it, it just means a ball thrown very far with this tool that can really wing the ball. Izzy will then hunt for it in the woods. Wears her out and she loves it.
After that we walk for awhile.
We got up to the park near our home and it was small kid palooza.
I would so hate living that close to this park. Oh my it's loud.
I said to Rick that I assume everyone who lives in this area must have kids.
We without children would hate this noise and screaming as we're sitting on our patio sipping wine. Awful aren't we?

But ole Izzy girl was in heaven because everyone wanted to pet her.
You see there is a stone wall around the park. Izzy will jump up on the wall and walk around.
She did that as we approached the park and that brought out all the damn kids.
Here she is getting all the love and attention and kissing on this little girl who giggled the whole time. They were all so damn cute.
The kid in front with the helmet just rode his bike by and yelled, "Hey can I pet your dog?" We all laughed and said, "c'mon over"
I have never met any of these people before.
I only know Rick and my dog in this whole photo.
I have to admit that having a dog really makes an anti-social person be social whether you want to or not.

18 comments:

regan said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Peg! And I'm so glad you had a good one!

And what's with these enabler husbands, huh? I specifically told my hubby, when he went off to the town meeting, "Do not bring me back any eclairs! Thanks, but no thanks!" Cuz he usually does, and I usually eat all 3 by myself immediately! So, I go off to work, and I come home, and he's made a cake! What the!?! And yeah, it was very good! lol

Do these guys really like chunky women? I'm mean, really? Come on!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Regan that is so funny....and typical. Apparently they do and at this ripe old age I have decided that there are far worse things.
So bring on the eclairs. :-)

what I failed to mention is that as I walked downstairs in leggings and slippers and morning hair he snapped my photo - to grab this date in history he says. He told me I looked good. So at least his eye site is going!

Lizbeth said...

I'm glad you had a good day although I would have had to gut my husband if he woke me up that early...he's an enabler too! He was at dinner for work and he always brings home dessert--you know the 900 calorie cheese cake or something. I keep telling him NOT to bring anything home and he still does. The last time I walked the cheese cake over to the garbage and threw it out. He freaked! But I was not about to have another 900 calories wind up on my rear end!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lizbeth - that is why I'm on a diet and you're not. I would eat the damn cheesecake anyway. NEVER would I have thrown out cheesecake.
You're my hero.

Arnebya said...

Sounds like a great birthday; thoughtful gifts rock (even when we say don't do it). But, um, your Mr. Morning Man comment now has Al Jarreau's Morning Mr. Radio stuck in my head. Thanks for that.

Nessa said...

Hey, Peg! Happy belated birthday from Bilbo and I!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Nessa - thanks so much, oh how I love you Labs, so thoughtful!! Thank Bilbo for me too. :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Arnebya - well I'm sorry about the song in your head. Damn Bilbo got me this silly cartoon tune in my head! oiy vay!

Julie H said...

Happy Birthday! I'm always afraid my dog is going to bite someone so I have to do the "he's a bad dog" thing when people get close. I think he got brain damage when he was a puppy ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - my silly dog loves people more than other dogs so no issue there!!

Mike said...

'annoying aren't they?'

It should be legal to kill these type of people. Maybe you could put a shock collar on the two of them and then wire the bedroom.

Ms. A said...

I thought my hubby was the only one that referred to "purring". Glad the day went great, even if it did start too darn early.

Carolyn said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! It sounds like you had a really nice day!!

mamahasspoken said...

My hubby tells me I snore, no purring here :o(
It looks like Lizzy loves kids! That could be a good thing or bad, guess it depends on one's mood. But my labs don't like people. Can you believe that? They bark at every person, dog and cat that comes into their viewing area. I still love them though, they know how to wiggle into your heart.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - great idea!! or sleep upstairs in another bedroom :-)

Ms. A - ah another damn purr-er.

Carolyn - thank you.

Mamma - Izzy likes people more than dogs sadly. And she isn't a barker either. I swear she's part human. We never heard her bark the first 2 years of her life.Now only if startled - which is once in a blue moon. Doesn't bark, loves people, to fetch, hunt, fish and swim. And she's emotional. It's a hoot! It's like having a girl child.

Sagittarian said...

Oh sweet..:) Belated Happy Birthday!!:) Muaaahhh!:) May God continue to bless you and your family..:) Keep smiling..:)

Julie H said...

Missed you the last 2 days!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thx Julie - I have been busy as a 1 armed paper hanger.