Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Random Mayhem

You know what I noticed? Of course you don’t. So I will tell you.
Every time I post a picture of my kitchen there are empty wine bottles all around.
That’s not good now is it?
I promise to post a photo of my kitchen without empty bottles all around.
Yea, like there ever is one.

It’s that time of year where one is barraged with Christmas propaganda.
For all of you who love this it must be fabulous. I do not care for this particular holiday in the same way as you all know from my annual ba-humbug posts.
It makes me want to hide until December 30th.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving though.
Oh not for the turkey, I hate turkey. Never eat turkey. But just for the time off.
Just thinking about the days of not dealing with customers makes me euphoric.
We are heading to the lake. Meeting the @#$% realtor.
His ah, shucks creepy accent makes me want to puke or punch him.
I don’t understand why men and women thinking acting dumb is cute.
It’s not cute. It’s ugly.
When the accent becomes so difficult to understand both Rick and I want subtitles under his chin. Rick suggested to me that he try sign language and that made me laugh.
Seriously we have begun asking for emails because we can’t understand him.
Sadly the emails are just as bad. He bugs me to pieces.
The accent does get heavier and more difficult to understand when he has bad news to deliver.
As though that makes it better and then he ends his sentences with God Bless You or praise the lord or some such phrase that is inappropriate as well as really fries our asses.
I want to scream – LEAVE YOUR RELIGION AT HOME BUDDY THIS IS BUSINESS!!! Entirely inappropriate unless you know this person from church or know them period.
I don’t like being hugged either by strangers. I extend my hand/arm for a reason.
You are not my family or my friend.
You are a business associate and I don’t want creepy guy to hug me.  Is that wrong?

It’s funny he didn’t speak this badly when we met him. Yes, he had an accent but not this thick. And he sat with us for over an hour so he did a good acting job.
Maybe he should be an actor not a realtor. His double negatives alone would have sent Rick through the roof and he would not have chosen him. (for the record I wanted someone else)
The real man is coming through I suppose.

I have always disliked realtors but this guy is so bad it is mind boggling.
When I attended real estate school a few years ago I told Rick that the information they were teaching had NOTHING to do with selling homes, helping a consumer, marketing, or teaching realtors how to work and be successful.
Topics were stupid things like if someone dies who get the home. Or how a realtor gets paid.
A week of how one got paid. No kidding. It was an eye opener.
It explained a lot about why I have never met a good realtor.
But I am not a realtor so I can't sell my own home. I should have pursued it.
I digress….sorry about the rant…anyhoo….
We are taking the house off the market for the winter. And guess who won’t be our realtor?
Mr. Good ole boy. No sense in having the house languish on the MLS all winter when there will be no activity down at the lake. We’ll put it back up in spring and start it all over again.
Unless of course someone leaves me a lot of money or I win the lottery.

I watched a movie this weekend that surprised me.
Did any of you see The Last Play at Shea movie?
It was on Showtime this weekend and it was far better than I would have thought.
It was interesting to me to see how the Beatles were the first band to play at Shea Stadium and it closed with Paul McCartney playing the last song there.
I also found the history very interesting and entertaining.
It was also so fun to see the grounds keeper who drove the Beatles 1964 to the stage.
There he was again in 2010 driving the golf cart out with Paul McCartney to the stage.
It was a full circle moment that was pretty damn cool.

Billy Joel was fabulous.  Oh I so love me some Billy Joel. He is my youth.
I highly recommend this if you can see it. If you like Billy and Paul you’ll love it.
It would have been a great concert to see. John Meyer, Garth Brooks, Paul McCartney, John Mellencamp, Tony Bennett, Roger Daltry, Don Henley, and Steven Tyler. 
Not bad eh? I tuned in for Billy and it was far more than that. Check it out.

11 comments:

Mike said...

I was expecting a wine bottle picture.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

But Mike it's there on Friday's post. :-) And every other post and my avatar....I'm pitiful.

mamahasspoken said...

Shaking my head at your Realtor story. Our first Realtor was one who didn't do much for us either. Learned from that mistake. Now I ask others who they use and how it went. AND if they tell me their relative is a realtor I run the other way! Nothing ruins a relationship than to hire a friend's relative to sell your home.
I am looking so forward to this year's Thanksgiving because I get the Wednesday before off. So looking forward to a few days off...

Ms. A said...

I loathe Christmas and refuse to discuss it. At this point, I just hope to make it through Thanksgiving, without too much drama. Too bad I don't care for wine, it could be a big help.

Julie H said...

We had a Realtor for a landlord once, that didn't work out too well in the end. What a dick he was.

I hate when I can't understand people. I think I'm going deaf already. One day I had to ask someone three times what they said and finally I just told him I couldn't understand what he was saying. THEN he looked at me straight on and spoke so I could understand him. Wow he did know how to talk afterall!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Julie I love that story!! I really wonder why people do that.
To make us crazy I suppose.

I'm With Stupid said...

Empty wine bottles lying around is a sign of a happy house.

It seems to me that so many real estate agents are just people who couldn't hack it as car salesmen. And vice versa.

Jay

Lizbeth said...

Double negatives are horrible. Just horrible. That and when people chew gum and pop it. The two always seem to go hand in hand. He wasn't popping his gum was he???

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jay - big kisses from my happy household!!

Lizbeth - he aint got no gum. :-)

My father stopped our car on the side of the highway once when I was about 11 because I wouldn't stop snapping my gum. He had asked several times as I sat behind him. He opened the back seat door and told me to spit it out. Never was allowed gum again. I do not chew gum to this day. This story is told in my family as ole lore.

Anonymous said...

what is it with realtors?! are they just the worst people on earth?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - the short answer - YES!!!