Friday, November 4, 2011

The Funk

I've been in a funk.
I snapped out of it yesterday with the helpful words of my husband.
Somewhat.

My company is gone and traveling through the area until Sunday.
When they will return for food, lodging and a ride to the airport.
Aargh.

I promise I will be back to my ole smart ass self next week.
I need to mend me. It may or may not require vats of liquor.
:-)

16 comments:

Bilbo said...

If you need help with those vats of liquor, I'm in need, too.

vw: prodo - Frodo Baggins after he lost his amateur status.

Julie H said...

Sounds like a plan! I'm kind of glad our house is so small and there isn't any room for anyone to ever stay with us :)

Carolyn said...

I too am in a major funk today. I just want this whole day to be over.

Ms. A said...

I have the funk, too. Don't have anything to really blame it on, it just is... always.

Mike said...

Offer them the ride to the airport first.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bill I don't need any help with the liquor but I am more than willing to share.

Julie - I am going to sell this place and buy something smaller STAT.

Carolyn - I hope yours passes quickly. Is there a full moon or somethin'?

Ms. A - It's getting to be that way with me lately.

Mike - if only!

Leisa said...

Vats of liquor? I'm on my way!

danneromero said...

mending oneself is so important.. take you time...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Leisa and Danneromero - xoxox

Lizbeth said...

Vats. I love that. Drink as much as you need to and we'll all be here. And I'm with you. I think I need a tankard or something, todays just been an off day. And lucky us, day light savings starts tomorrow. YAY!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lizbeth.....Thx for reminding me about turning back time....now if only I could go to 2002.....

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Sorry about the funk darlin. I suggest, having it Straight UP No Chaser. I miss your sass girl, have a drink, take a nap (plus you get that extra hour from Daylight Savings Time) this week. Then come back and sass us! I need a few laughs before the wedding.

mamahasspoken said...

Ah the 'why in hell did I say they can stay here' regret. We've all had those and yes booze seems to help until they leave.
Here's to finding your happiness in the bottom of that glass!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mamma - We did not invite them. They are family and so they invited themselves because they were coming to see other people and wanted a FREE place to eat and sleep when convenient for the.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lori / Cottage - Ah the wedding. No wonder you have been MIA. I will try, promise. In the meantime I can be found around any bottle of opened wine. :-)

Carma Sez said...

you - in a funk? now I'm bummed. I bet you'll perk up when the company leaves, I know I always do :D