Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Random Items

**I think I broke my foot - or it is something excruciatingly painful if it isn't broken.
I did not have a good weekend.
Ya'll know from being around these parts for some time that I walk my dog Izzy a lot!
Like 3+ miles a day and the rest of the day it's Rick's job.
My foot has been bothering me for awhile now but I figured it was just that I may need new sneakers or that I was just getting older and all this walking is not so great.

Now I have had plantar fascitis and that was painful but I did my exercises religiously and over time it went away. This pain now is around my heel.  It is on fire, it hurts to touch.
So I would put my shoe on and not tie it as tight.
Little by little day by day it got worse. This Friday I was limping and I noticed my foot was swelling. By Saturday it was huge and the swelling was moving up my leg. I could barely walk and if not having it propped up it was throbbing like it has it's own heart beat. And burn....oh my goodness does it burn.

Yesterday it had not only swollen to look like Fred Flinstone feet it was a bit purple.
I iced it all day. Rick walked the dog all day. He basically waited on me hand and foot. Which isn't so bad but really it isn't fun when you're in pain! Why is that?!

I go to the foot doctor today for xrays and who knows what else.
I am eating ibuprofen like Pez.  I am in so much pain I can't focus. The pain is radiating up my leg and I think because I am favoring my left leg I am all off kilter. That makes my back hurt. What a friggin' mess.
So this should be fun.

**Mamma made me see her point and laugh like crazy yesterday. I have decided that I do not want to live where she lives because all of her professionals don't answer their phones and don't have office staff who do.  That would anger me just like she said it does her. I also don't want my doctor, dentist, contractor stopping what they are doing to answer the phone. When she said her plumber was in a hole that made me giggle. But it made me see her point. So thanks for that Mamma.

**I took this test from Gal Friday.  It made me laugh how spot on it was so give it a go for some Monday giggles. Try it for yourself. What kind of martini are you?
My results.....
You are a Purple Martini -
You are thought to be a perfectionist.
You have a pretty clear vision of how you want things to go.
You can be a wallflower at times. You find it peaceful to sit back and observe.
You value solitude. Some of your best ideas and creations come out of alone time.
You do not like crowds. You find them to be both overwhelming and draining.

But I really loved that Gal Friday gave me a great new recipe for a martini.
I think that may help my foot.
She called it a French Martini.  I think it needs a new name - but it sure sounds good.
*1 1/2 oz vanilla vodka
*1/2 oz Chambord Liqueur
*2 oz Pineapple Juice

I have to go put my leg up now to stop this swelling from getting worse. I also think a Morphine drip would be swell about now!  got one?

13 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

OH ouch! Hope everything goes well with the foot doctor today and if anything else, he gives you some nice pills to take the pain away!
Thanks for the shout-out, glad I could make you laugh. Keep in mind I was talking about contractors who happen to be family/friends. Doctors and dentist are totally different ;o)
Oh and FYI the local hospital now has it where you can schudule your mammogram viva the internet!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mamma - drive by mammograms - lift your shirt - the guy says they look fine and off you go!!

Carolyn said...

Foot pain is the worst!! I have had plantar fascitis and it was awful. Some morning I wouldn't be able to walk and my feet would get so swollen!! Sometimes excersises and ice just isn't enough. I had to get a small operation on my foot but no more pain for me!! It's been wonderful ever since!

Hope all goes well with the Dr.

Anonymous said...

i realy hope you're able to get to the bottom of your foot pain and that it isnt anything too serious.

i took the martini quiz and am a Yello Martini:
People admire your courage and determination. You are nervy and undaunted.

You are prepared for whatever comes your way in life. You are highly skilled and highly adaptable.

You are modest and humble. You rather let your accomplishments and actions speak for you.

You hate to be bored. You like to keep your mind busy, and you're always looking for new things to do.


i think that makes me sound awesome. i should print it out and take it to my next job interview. "look im a yellow martini-i'd be an asset to this company!"

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Tammie that was funny.
I so needed this laugh.
I just tried walking and ended up crying so thank you!

Better to be yellow and highly skilled than someone who likes their solitude and appears to not play well with others. :-)

alessandra said...

I'm so sorry for you, hope you feel better by now :)

Ms. A said...

I suspect I might be a purple martini, too. Sounds rather like me.

Hope the doctor finds the cause and relief is on the way! Pain is so exhausting and, well, you know... painful.

Mike said...

Get the foot looked at. You could have a fracture. You don't want to limp the rest of your life.

Gal Friday said...

I am really worried about you and your foot--wonder what the x-rays and doctor's visit told you today. I know you had mentioned about your foot pain in a post, but I am sorry I didn't think it was any big deal. It sounds terrible and I hope you don't end up having to drink a big Morphine Martini!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

To All - no broken foot but I'll explain tomorrow. just had cortisone shot and I am a bit nauseas right now - no food and just drugs today. not a good combo. I'll be fine....morphine martine as Gal Friday/Tina said would be perfect. It would knock me out.

Tracy said...

Well, hell, let's go for ice cream and it will definitely take care of the pain! I swear...ice cream is goof for what ails ya, you know?

do you have heel spurs? and no, not the Tar Heels, my favorite team but the real ones that stab you in your foot?

goodness gracious, do keep us posted...
http://sbpra.com/tracyspaine/

Raquel's World said...

Ouch! I have plantar fasciitis too. Only my foot hasn't swelled. I find it is worse after a day of wearing flip flops or flat shoes. It hurts like hell. So I can relate. I'm surprised you got the shot so quickly. You must let me know how that turns out for you. I've heard mixed reviews on that.
Also, did the actual shot hurt like hell?
Hope you feel better.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

No morphine but looking for some. If you find it let me know, meantime I think I'll try out that martini recipe tonight. Or maybe now.