I was listening to the radio this morning and the astrologer who was on said that those born under the sign of Pisces needed to have a mental health day today.
All we Pisces should do today was to just chill out, don't work too hard and we should enjoy a few margarita's this afternoon. (her exact words)
So I have decided that I will heed this woman's advice. I will not work too hard and I will begin drinking this afternoon.....possibly early afternoon. I have a great cabernet I have been dying to open. I certainly don't want to go against my sign advice.
** My team won yesterday's Opening Day game. It was a very good game. I got to watch it with minimal interruptions. All is right with the world after 1 game.
**I have this photo of me with 3 of my sisters and it has faded beyond belief. It can't be restored apparently I have tried and asked someone who would know.
My sister who had another copy can't find hers. So I did scan it and I think I've posted it here before. It's so yellow and odd looking now like our facial features are all melting away. I'm the one in the back in the middle which I think you all know by now. Guess there is nothing we can do about this. This was printed on Kodak paper which I thought wouldn't cause these issues. It's not that old of a photo. I am guessing maybe 10 yrs. I have pictures from 50 years ago in better shape so this is confusing to me. Are there things I could do that I am not aware of? Anyone know?
**It's snowing in New England and it's raining and very cold and windy here.
I am thankful I am not in New England right now. I am ready for spring this year.
Sadly we'll skip real spring and go right to summer. But I am anxious to plant some flowers like this. I love planting flowers and herbs. I have garlic planted and my dog puts her nose in it every day. She goes from each stem to the next methodically sniffing the plant.
She never tries to eat it but she apparently really loves the smell. She likes certain flowers more than others too and that amuses me. Who knew?
**Last night Rick asked me what I would want to do if we weren't in this financial quagmire.
Exhale was my first thought. Nothing crazy really. You would think I'd pick something huge. But seriously I would love to just have a trip again to NYC with my sister Jen. We had such a great time when we went in 2004. I commuted to work there at the time. She drove from PA to here and we took the train to the city. I worked a full hour and then we played for the entire weekend. Here is Jen in her pj's in our hotel room. We laughed all weekend and it wasn't just because of the booze. On the way home we almost got kicked off the train for being too loud in the quiet car. Yes, we were snickering and when the conductor came over to yell at us that made us laugh all the harder.
** I am very surprised at all the hoopla this week about the guy who choose not to play the lottery this week with his co-workers telling them, "he wasn't feeling lucky this week". Of course they won 19.1 million a piece after taxes. Everyone is saying since he normally played every week they should give him some money. Really? A family member I can see - someone in the cubicle next to me? Ah, I am not so sure I'm that nice. I guess it depends on my co-worker. If I knew he was hurting I may do that. But just because he didn't want to play that week. Nah. If they all quit their jobs they don't ever have to see him again. So I would guess that takes care of the guilt factor. You could be really a mean mean person and give him a buck to go buy a ticket for this weeks game. Or you could give him a million since you have 18 more. Would you give him some of your winnings? And how much would be enough? I just wish I had won the damn thing that day instead and they wouldn't have to stress themselves about such foolishness.



15 comments:
I think I would give him a little money. Not an even share, but soemthing. I would feel too guilty not too.
I'm sure someone that is good at photoshop could fix that picture up. I take it you don't have the negatives? Must have been fun growing up with 3 sisters!
It would definitely depend on WHICH co worker it was. Someone I liked, sure I'd share! The annoying person? HELL NO! haha
Too bad they didn't say if you are an Aquarius you should stay home. I'd be leaving now ;)
Carolyn - i think i may have guilt too that is why I'd quit my job quickly. :-)
Julie - 5 girls in the family, 1 sister was missing and living on the west coast. It was thanksgiving weekend and all were home except 1. And no to the negatives.
No money for the slackers. That's what work lottery pools are all about. You're either in or out.
Mike - thanks i think you and I are the only ones who feel that way. BTW - sorry 'bout your teams opening day - but it's only 1 game right?
I'd have family and unknown friends coming out the woodwork to get a piece of the pie. No, I'm not that nice... then again, I save the money on tickets, because I'm not that lucky, either.
Ms. A - that is exactly what the guy who didn't opt in said. :-)
I feel like a person with a split personility when it comes to the lottery ticket thing. half of me says nope, don't pay you don't play and the other half says, aw, he's played so many other times, we should cut him in. As to which one would win out, who knows because it won't ever happen to me.
As for the picture, I am surprise that they couldn't fix it for you. I've had pictures restored before and they did wonderful jobs on it. Of course I had to go to a shop that specialized in restoration but they did a wonderfuol and expensive job. It was worth every dime I spent on it.
Yeah, I thought you were that one, cutie!
If I had some extra money, I would like to travel, and since you are too funny may be we could go together, right?
I would give him some money, just because I could put myself in his shoes ... only if he's not a jerk obviously ;)
Mama - I get the split personality thing all too well. As for the photo I'll just keep looking around for another company who can restore it.
Alessandra - Of course if I were to come to Italy or you come to America we MUST get together!
I agree about if he was a jerk. :-)
Then i would not feel badly at all.
i don't know if that photo could be made totally well again, but a little photoshopping and i could make it better, i bet.
ceppiliv? what kind of a goofy word verification is that?!?
how could we arrange that? could I email you with attachement will that work? I am extremely dumb in this arena flask.
THX
Bolonop! I love your comment moderation words - the last one was dooshe. Regarding the share for the guy who didn't buy in. Sorry dude but, that's the definition of LUCK. About the photo, a real saver. What a great memory. I use the old photos of me to guilt my kids. I tell them that it's faded just like me, and when it fades away completely that will mean I'm dead. (I'm good right?) A true martyr and a good Catholic mother dishing out the guilt. I'm very proud, but I do hope you can save your picture.
Tia - oh the only thing missing from that phrase"good Catholic guilt" is the word Italian. :-)
I am familiar.....and yes you are good!! :-)
Post a Comment