Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesdays Wisdom

C'mon like you are going to find wisdom here.

I had the strangest reaction to canned peaches last evening.
I don't normally eat any type of canned fruit. Seriously it's disgusting.
It is nothing but sugar and corn syrup.  I prefer getting my fruit in its natural form.
But my crazy ass husband loves peaches and in the winter he eats all the ones he has frozen from the summer. He has eaten all the ones he cans. So now he is out of peaches and he is jonesing.  We were at Costco recently and he bought a can of peaches the size of Rhode Island.

Last night he opened this giant can and put some in a bowl and the rest is Tupperware containers to fill our fridge. He had a few that wouldn't fit and asked if I wanted some.
I said sure what the hell. So I ate these peach halves and sucked down all the sugar water and I had a bad night. I was tired but couldn't sleep. My chest felt like it was going to pop out of my chest.  He and the dog went to bed and I sat downstairs trying to figure out what the hell this was.  Sugar rush? Man this was awful.   I think I'll wait until real peaches are out later this summer. I don't ever want to feel like that again.  How the hell does he eat these all the time?  I love sugar but this was horrific. A peppermint patty is sugar and doesn't make me feel like my chest is going to explode. How much sugar was in this stuff?  Maybe it was something else I do not know but I know I never ever want to feel this way again.

Well my feet and legs are almost normal.
I look more like Wilma's feet now instead of Fred's. 
My middle may be more Fred but my legs/feet are Wilma today....tee hee
Feeling a lot better but not yet perfect.
Should be able to walk my poor dog better today. Even tie my right sneaker today.
Whoo - Hoo
I swear the dog knew something was up. She walked real slow next to me instead of running ahead and sniffing everything in sight. She honestly just hung by me all day. We didn't walk our normal 3 miles but instead just a few short jaunts around the block and across the street to the wooded area where she loves to do her business. I was so thankful for that.

Mainly Jane just wrote this morning on her post that The Flip camera is going away. I was sick about that.  I love this camera. Why would Cisco Systems buy this company and then let it die?  So if you don't have one - run to the store or online and buy one. It is the best video camera ever!!!  I love my flip and this makes me quite upset.

Did anyone out there watch the HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce?  I would love to talk to you. I was so confused. Why was Veda a brat from the beginning of the show? Why did she always treat her mother the way she did even at 8yrs old?. (why did her mother allow it?) There seemed to be a reason that everyone knew but me. Did I miss something? Did the original explain that? The ending had me a bit befuddled as well.  Nothing was spoken and all was left for the viewer to assume or think what they wanted. I don't want to assume, tell me the damn story would ya?

Rick didn't watch it with me. Each time he tried he feel asleep. He told me it was great for insomnia. I had more questions along the way in each of the 5 parts than answers and it frustrated me but I couldn't stop watching it either. I hated the ending and was left scratching my head. I watched the finale last night while my heart was beating out my chest from canned peaches. Maybe my brain was foggy from all that corn syrup. Anyone out there watch this show?  Let's talk.

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

I watched Mildred Pierce, but I haven't seen the final yet!! I do know that it's based off a book, you might want to pick it up and see if you can find out more information about everything.

I just think that Veda was born terrible. That was her personalty and her mother let her be that way because she loved her and just wanted her daughter to love her back. Plus I think she felt so guilty about her other kids death that she let Veda get away with more than she should have.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Caroyln, that is exactly all I could piece together about Veda. Pure Evil....reminded me of the old classic The Bad Seed (not the 80's remake the original) just a bad child. But didn't you find Mildred a bit off as well? She never spoke of anything in detail it was all assumptions about every aspect of her life. Like everyone could figure out what she was thinking. It was odd to me. Kate Winslet was great as she always is. I understand the original was Joan Crawford and I can't fathom her in this role. I also understand in the orginial Monty killed someone and Mildred hide or something along those lines.

alessandra said...

I'm very glad that your foot is better, but I have no wisdom about peaches, only I love them, but natural :D

Anonymous said...

that is a bizarre reaction to peaches but i cant explain it. i dont eat much canned fruit.

jay has all the mildred pierce episodes recorded but hasnt gotten around to watching them yet. he LOVES kate winslet and watches everything shes in just on the off chance she takes her clothes off. she rarely disappoints in that regard. :)

im glad your foot is better. i was in pain for you as i read yesterdays post.

Mike said...

I love canned peaaches. Why? Because the skin is gone. I can't STAND to touch peaches. They gives me the willys, like finger nails on a blackboard.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - she will not disappoint Jay. but it's brief. I would love to hear what he thinks of this show. I would have really had issues with this precocious(sp?)kid. I just felt like you had to guess what everyone was doing and it wasn't linear. hard to explain really.

I honestly think it was the sugar not so much the peaches. who knows. I'll wait for summer and eat the real thing.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - you never fail to make me smile!

mamahasspoken said...

I don't watch it but go to this link:
http://www.tv.com/search.php?type=11&stype=all&tag=search%3Bfrontdoor&qs=Mildred+Pierce&stype=program
I've found reading what I am suppose to be watching sometimes helps with my comprehension.
Glad your foot is getting better!

Ms. A said...

I couldn't believe she waited so long to try to strangle her!!!

Glad the foot is on the mend. Are you sure your reaction wasn't from the injection?

Carma Sez said...

have you googled about the peach reaction. that is very odd! I saw that about The Flip and was astounded - well not really astounded - but surprised that they would be ditching it so soon

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ms. A - I KNOW! She was a snotty brat at age 8. She ignored everything. odd show.

Carma - I don't think it was the shot. I had the shot at 4:30p the reaction at 10p. But I may have to look into that. I am buying another Flip before they are gone. LOVE THE FLIP.

Gal Friday said...

Try the jarred peaches(and pear halves) from Trader Joe's--not so sweet and really good(I keep them on hand in the cupboard as a no-brainer dessert)--I think they come from Spain, whereas those canned peaches that gave you a bad reaction(you cannot get a break lately, what with the foot, too, can you??)are probsbly packed in China and I just don't buy any food(or body care product) that comes from China(or at least, not knowingly) these days. Too risky.

I had never heard of that mini-series, but know that old Joan Crawford movie from the 40's which it sounds like it was based on.

Your dog is SO sweet--I don't know if my own goofy dog would be that understanding.